Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manny Pacquiao vs Timothy Bradley

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Surely this result cannot stand, it's beyond a believe tbh, are they blind or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Manc-Red

Jayob10 wrote: »
    Letterman had it 10 rounds to 2 in favour of Pacman

I had it 8-4 to Pacman.

I'd agree with the 8-4.

Jarren wrote: »
    Surely this result cannot stand, it's beyond a believe tbh, are they blind or something?

Marquez result was the same, Manny was well beaten.....

Crazy split-decision though

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Manc-Red wrote: »
    Bradley just hasn't the power imo - Bit dull overall this bout.

Sick of listening to this commentary team, Khan sprouting bo**ox
    Didn't hear Khan. I'm watch HBO coverage with Max Kellerman an Manny Stewart

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

had 50 on bradley by decision at 7/1 so for once i'm happy with the dodgy decision!

• Advertisement

screenshot37-1.jpg

Didn't hear Khan. I'm watch HBO coverage with Max Kellerman an Manny Stewart

You lucky b*stard !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭Henno30

The very most you could have given Bradley was two rounds. Utterly bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭gene_tunney

Holy **** guys. I love boxing as much as anyone but Jesus christ wtf just happened

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

the sport is a laughing stock with zero credibility thats what just happened.

• Advertisement

Holy **** guys. I love boxing as much as anyone but Jesus christ wtf just happened

Simply astonishing. Grotesque. A complete mockery of whatever standing the sport still had.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

I just don't understand boxing anymore... It's almost like NSAC felt guilty for Pacquaio winning a tight match by making him losing a clear win.
    I give up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Manc-Red wrote: »
    You lucky b*stard !
    lol.HBO is way better anyway. Brits don't know what they are talking about I've had enough of there irritating accents. Also The sooner HBO fire Larry Merchant and promote Max Kellerman the better

Jesus ****ing Christ I'm shaken up. Was watching this in a bar, came back after the final round and they announced Bradley as the winner - nearly collapsed!

Bradley shouldn't have celebrated. I was fairly cut watching the fight but as far as I could see MP was a clear winner. He was frustrating at times and faded a bit but overall he was dominating.

Oh lord. I suppose I better watch it again tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭freevoice

bradley barely won 3 rounds in the bout

lol.HBO is way better anyway. Brits don't know what they are talking about I've had enough of there irritating accents, The sooner they fire Larry Merchant and promote Max Kellerman the better

I could have watched it on Al Jazeera with the world-feed commentary on it - I'm kind of sorry that I didn't now tbh.

Jesus ****ing Christ I'm shaken up. Was watching this in a bar, came back after the final round and they announced Bradley as the winner - nearly collapsed!

Bradley shouldn't have celebrated. I was fairly cut watching the fight but as far as I could see MP was a clear winner. He was frustrating at times and faded a bit but overall he was dominating.

Oh lord. I suppose I better watch it again tomorrow

Manny won 8 of those rounds with ease, Mental calling from them jokers.

Will there be a court case out of this decision

Scandalous if there is not. When do we find out what the breakdown of the scores was?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

by logic now a rematch has to happen. Keeping the money in house for Top Rank. Probably some type of swerve on Arum's part.

Theres nowhere else for Manny to go after Bradley but to Mayweather.

And quite frankly Arum probably doesn't want to line PBF's pockets.

I'm not going to watch this kind of rubbish again, might aswell watch WWE Wrestling.

• Advertisement

Jayob10 wrote: »

I'm not going to watch this kind of rubbish again, might aswell watch WWE Wrestling.
    agreed , final nail in pro boxing

Contract already in place for the re-match & the fight will go ahead in November..... If Manny wins then he has to fight Floyd or hang his gloves up imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Ghost.

That result was a disgrace. I thought Bradley won 3 rounds, 4 at best, and even at that he was lucky manny didnt finish him in the middle rounds. Fair enough manny took his foot off the gas a bit after the halfway point but he won it by a long way.
    Before the fight I thought Bradley had a fair chance, if manny didnt bring his A game. But Manny definitely won the fight. Thats the worst decision ive seen in a long time.

Need to have the rematch outside of Vegas ,if i was pac-man , couldn't trust Neveda judges again

I feel this story is going to run and run. If anything at all, the judges should be made explain how they awarded the fight to Bradley. Manny had 80 more landed punches compared to Bradley.

Why would there be a rematch? So we could watch Pac kicking the crap out of Bradley again? Yes MP will naturally want to prove himself, but he needs to just move on. And we all know who we want him to move on to.

And we all know who we want him to move on to.
    True , bet Mayweather is loving this from his jail cell.
    Jaysus i'm still in disbelief.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭gilmour

Wow just wow really. Arum fuming? Like **** he is, if you ask me he was behind all of this if the rumours are true that Manny was leaving him after this fight.

As for the fight itself, being generous i gave Bradley the first, and i have to say i could see how he would have got 4 out of the last 6 rounds because i really thought Manny was very poor in the 2nd half of the fight. But for Bradley to get a decision against a P4P superstar has absolutely floored me, especially after seeing Marquez not get the decision last November, i would have thought Bradley would have needed to win at least 9 rounds to get the nod from the judges over Manny.

And how Jerry ****ing Roth (who was one of the judges to give that decision to Bradley, along with a female judge) got to judge another fight after the Rios/Abril debacle is in itself a crime.

Wow.

And dont be surprised if we never see Floyd Mayweather fight again after this result.

Well let's face it, this was Bob Arum cashing out on Manny Pacquiao. Manny is almost at the point of retiring and Top Rank needs a new star. It's the only explanation that makes any sense.

Have to laugh at Arum telling the media "They're trying to kill boxing".

'They' :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

If I were Manny I wouldn't bother with a rematch. Everyone bar two judges know he won.

Advertisement