Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2012 Olympic Athletics Days - which one?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

This Spanish site will have tickets on sale on Monday. Although from what I can see, it seems like you can only buy tickets in batches of 2.

http://coe.ticketpa.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Truman Burbank

G-Money wrote: »
    This Spanish site will have tickets on sale on Monday. Although from what I can see, it seems like you can only buy tickets in batches of 2.

Entering http://www.aristeiasport.com/en/ into the London2012 'ticketing website checker' gives the answer below. So can we purchase with an Irish address? http://www.london2012.com/about-this-website/ticketing-website-checker.php

Aristeia is an Authorised Olympic Ticket Reseller for the following countries only: Angola, Malaysia, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Republic of the Congo, Gabon, Morocco, Democratic Republic of São Tomé and Príncipe, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, Spain, Ivory Coast and Comoros.
    The official ticketing site for residents of the UK and designated European countries is www.tickets.london2012.com

Individuals from outside the UK and designated European countries should see our list of official suppliers

***************************************************************************************************************

Any idea re booking/handling fees? Can't find it on the site. London2012 is £12. What does the * mean after the price
    Price wise, seem comparable to London2012 site?? Checked a few.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

Credit or debit cards: You can use credit cards to buy tickets and also to guarantee your ticket list when selling. We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Maestro, Solo, Switch and Electron. You can not use credit cards or debit cards for payment.

Somebody explain? So you can only use a credit card to reserve a booking. Then you have to pay by some other means? I dont want to have to pay through bank transfer and get IBAN codes and all that sh1t.

How do you know it is Monday? What time?

I can't find any information.

04072511 wrote: »
    How do you know it is Monday? What time?

I can't find any information.

Don't know about the time but if you search for athletics tickets, the column on the right says they go on sale on the 23rd.

• Advertisement

Well that was another big letdown. Had all my details entered the other day and had the website open in work all day, not knowing what time they would go on sale Spanish time. Around 4pm Oz time onwards I checked every 15 minutes or so. I probably snoozed a bit and checked at 6.03pm (9.03am Irish time), about 4 minutes after I had previously checked, and everything was gone except for crazy expensive packages. Annoyed that I didn't check at 6pm on the button but there must have been only a few athletics tickets available. Another cod!

The packages are a rip off. 880 per person. You have to buy them in pairs, and the extras were about 320 euro. So almost 2k for 2 people for 2 nights of althletics. No way can I afford that.

Getting very fed up of this now.

I was logged in about an hour ago and nothing was on sale. Forgot about it until I got an email a few minutes ago saying they were on sale. My session timed out and now I'm getting an error when I try to login. Although from what I could see, they only sold tickets in batches of 2 which isn't much use to me anyway.

Well that was another big letdown. Had all my details entered the other day and had the website open in work all day, not knowing what time they would go on sale Spanish time. Around 4pm Oz time onwards I checked every 15 minutes or so. I probably snoozed a bit and checked at 6.03pm (9.03am Irish time), about 4 minutes after I had previously checked, and everything was gone except for crazy expensive packages. Annoyed that I didn't check at 6pm on the button but there must have been only a few athletics tickets available. Another cod!

The packages are a rip off. 880 per person. You have to buy them in pairs, and the extras were about 320 euro. So almost 2k for 2 people for 2 nights of althletics. No way can I afford that.

Getting very fed up of this now.

I registered with them also, thought it said a mail would be sent when selling started.

You might pick up something in London.

Meanwhile, I've entered about 4 Olympic competitions the last month, and while doing so randomly entered another few and won 2 :D. All sports tics

I was logged in about an hour ago and nothing was on sale. Forgot about it until I got an email a few minutes ago saying they were on sale. My session timed out and now I'm getting an error when I try to login. Although from what I could see, they only sold tickets in batches of 2 which isn't much use to me anyway.

Thats the least of our worries. You can always sell and unwanted ticket, or give it to a friend/relative.

I'm pissed off now with myself. Maybe if I had kept trying over and over again there may have been a small chance I could have got lucky. I cant imagine there were many tickets for athletics though. The odds were stacked against us.

Also my google translate toolbar wasnt working properly so had to make sense of it with my very bad spanish!

Also my google translate toolbar wasnt working properly so had to make sense of it with my very bad spanish!

You don't need that, there's a perfect english version of the site available. Just click on Espanyol at the top of the page and choose english from the drop-down.

• Advertisement

Thats the least of our worries. You can always sell and unwanted ticket, or give it to a friend/relative.

I'm pissed off now with myself. Maybe if I had kept trying over and over again there may have been a small chance I could have got lucky. I cant imagine there were many tickets for athletics though. The odds were stacked against us.

'English' button top left corner

'English' button top left corner

:o

Epic fail. Ah wouldn't have made a difference anyway. I could hvae struggled through the spanish if I had got hold of a ticket.

:o

Epic fail. Ah wouldn't have made a difference anyway. I could hvae struggled through the spanish if I had got hold of a ticket.

No se ha acabado til que terminó. Pensamientos positivos!

No se ha acabado til que terminó. Pensamientos positivos!

It's not over til it's over. Remain positive??

Just checked my hotmail and I received the email at them at 9.02am Irish time. I started looking for tickets at 9.03am Irish time and they were all gone. You really needed to be on the ball, and extraordinarily lucky to get the tickets they had.

The package tickets are still available. Rip off.

I'm still hoping I'm one of the people who will get first priority during the Locog sales next month. They were supposed to put those tickets on sale in April but apparently it's May instead.

It's not over til it's over. Remain positive??

Just checked my hotmail and I received the email at them at 9.02am Irish time. I started looking for tickets at 9.03am Irish time and they were all gone. You really needed to be on the ball, and extraordinarily lucky to get the tickets they had.

The package tickets are still available. Rip off.

Yee both have tickets (OK, OK.........).

Betcha I'll win. I'll e-mail ye when I do :cool:

Yee both have tickets (OK, OK.........).

:confused:

:confused:

Might be confused myself!

I thought yee had tickets to one event or another, thou not necessarily the one you wanted. Wrong person?!

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Got email alerts at 8 this morning saying that tickets for the athletics nights I wanted were on sale, literally 1 min later they appeared to be gone... Oh well. Probably time to accept that it's all going to be watched on TV at this stage :pac:

Might be confused myself!

I thought yee had tickets to one event or another, thou not necessarily the one you wanted. Wrong person?!

Yeh we have tickets for womens boxing, volleyball, beach volleyball and handball, through the dutch website. No athletics though which is what I really want.

• Advertisement

Yeh we have tickets for womens boxing, volleyball, beach volleyball and handball, through the dutch website. No athletics though which is what I really want.

There's an article on the Daily Mail site about today's Spanish fiasco. Some reader comments say they have athletic tickets they want to get rid of but have to wait til May for the resale. I cannot work out how to contact these people. Would do so no prob!

I had applied for Thursday Women's Boxing (hopefully Katie Taylor), and the beach volleyball (just to pass the day......) . If it came to it, you'd have no prob swapping those beach volleyball tickets for athletics. I'll pass on the handball :cool:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Got that email just now. Surprised there is only 20000 of us. Guessing that most of the tickets that will be available for me will still be football. Will have another go for something better of course.

Got the email also but I will most likely be completely swamped at work at 11am on Friday and may not be able to spend any time trying to get tickets :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭steve9859

robinph wrote: »
    Got that email just now. Surprised there is only 20000 of us. Guessing that most of the tickets that will be available for me will still be football. Will have another go for something better of course.

Evening Standard was reporting that there would be tickets for opening and closing ceremonies and athletics. Unsold football tickets aren't included in this 'offer'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

I tried logging in last night, all good, account & password in order.
    Trying this morning to get logged in ahead of time & the server is screwed up already, more than 90 minutes ahead of release.

Anyone else seeing the same problem?

I tried logging in last night, all good, account & password in order.
    Trying this morning to get logged in ahead of time & the server is screwed up already, more than 90 minutes ahead of release.

Anyone else seeing the same problem?

No problems here so far, am logged in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

So what url are you using?
    I've tried the link from london2012.com which goes to www.tickets.london2012.com/homepage

but I get a permission denied message there.

EDIT:- Just realised it thinks I'm in the USA due to my workplace and is blocking me on this basis. FFS.
    Gonna have to try and get them from my phone.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Scary moment a bit ago where I couldn't remember my password, or my favourite food in order to be able to reset it.

Eventually found the password so now logged in and waiting...

• Advertisement

It's letting me select stuff, but nothing is appearing in a "shopping basket".

Anyone else getting anything happening?

Advertisement