Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Mobile

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Arbuzas

I was with Vodafone for many years and just recently switched to Tesco Mobile because I think it has best prices for internet prices, and these days everyone is online. Anyway, double credits problem: http://www.tescomobile.ie/double-credit.aspx

Quote from the page "[..] The Top Up that you paid for is only used once your bonus credit has run out or expires. [..]"

So I top-up 10 euros, got my 10 bonus and ordered 30 Day Data Bundle (same day) and surprise surprise it charged €6.99 from my Top Up not from the bonus credit. So that is bit false advertising because it does not say anywhere on the page that Data Bundle will be charged from the Top Up and not Bonus credit first. You should ether fix this or put some message on the page, because that was main reason why I switched and now bit disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 n3lly

Been googling for Chinese girlies?

haha I knew someone would pick up on the advert. I'm pretty sure the ads on the app are generic as none have ever been accurate. Was tempted to wait for it to change to something else but wasn't arsed :)

Thanks Paul, wasn't aware there were problems. All good so. Try to keep up with the thread but only pop back every now and again so miss some of the posts.

Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 24 oneteu

Arbuzas wrote: »
    "...So I top-up 10 euros, got my 10 bonus and ordered 30 Day Data Bundle (same day) and surprise surprise it charged €6.99 from my Top Up not from the bonus credit. So that is bit false advertising because it does not say anywhere on the page that Data Bundle will be charged from the Top Up and not Bonus credit first. You should ether fix this or put some message on the page, because that was main reason why I switched and now bit disappointed..."
    "...http://www.tescomobile.ie/tcs-pay-as-you-go.aspx
      • 1.3 Web Surf Data Bundles
        You may purchase one of our great value Web Surf bundles listed below from your credit balance at any time, provided you have enough credit available. If you do not have enough credit you will need to top up your credit first.
      • (a) 50 MB bundle for €0.79 valid for 24 hours from purchase
      • (b) 350 MB bundle for €2.99 valid for 7 days from purchase
      • (c) 1GB (1024MB) bundle for €6.99 valid for 30 days from purchase
      • 1.3.1 You can buy a bundle in the following ways:
      • (a) For a 24 hour bundle - Send a blank text to 174209. The Cost of the bundle is deducted from your credit balance
      • (b) For a 7 day bundle - Send a blank text to 174210. The Cost of the bundle is deducted from your credit balance
      • (c) For a 30 day bundle - Send a blank text to 174211. The Cost of the bundle is deducted from your credit balance..."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭morgana

Webtext down? Getting a 404 error.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Tesco Mobile: Paul

manutd83 wrote: »
    if you remember i was asking about htc

Sorry to correct what I said earleir we will be ranging the HTC Explorer shortly.

regards
    Paul

• Advertisement

jizzyboner wrote: »
    Hi Paul

Just a quick query. I have a spare unlocked Blackberry and just wondered if it's just the data service you don't support on a Blackberry, or is it the phone itself?

Would I be right in thinking I can use it for calls and texts, just not for data. Is BIS likely to be supported in the future?

Thanks

Pat

Hi Pat,

Calls and texts will work fine. Data services wont work for the most part.

regards
    Paul

Arbuzas wrote: »
    I was with Vodafone for many years and just recently switched to Tesco Mobile because I think it has best prices for internet prices, and these days everyone is online. Anyway, double credits problem: http://www.tescomobile.ie/double-credit.aspx

Quote from the page "[..] The Top Up that you paid for is only used once your bonus credit has run out or expires. [..]"

So I top-up 10 euros, got my 10 bonus and ordered 30 Day Data Bundle (same day) and surprise surprise it charged €6.99 from my Top Up not from the bonus credit. So that is bit false advertising because it does not say anywhere on the page that Data Bundle will be charged from the Top Up and not Bonus credit first. You should ether fix this or put some message on the page, because that was main reason why I switched and now bit disappointed.

Sorry if you felt this wasnt clear enough. I will relay your feedback to the team here.

regards
    Paul

morgana wrote: »
    Webtext down? Getting a 404 error.

There were some issues for a short period earlier but should eb OK now.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭lavine7

There were some issues for a short period earlier but should eb OK now.

HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found coming up in the webtext section online and I can't send webtexts through the app on my phone, they keep coming up as failed!

Still have an error with web-text. How long before this can be solved?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭GIMP

Ya still not working for me either!!

• Advertisement

GIMP wrote: »
    Ya still not working for me either!!

Apologies...should be fixed shortly..

Webtext working now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 P.S.

Thank you Paul for your help.

I called your (tesco) helpline several times and nobody could help me with setting up my phone for internet.
    They did "everything" to help...
    One gent even asked me to fill all the blank lines in my settings.
    Ladies (3) sent me setting etc....

They all forgot to mention about switching roamning data ON.

Please mention that to your team over there.

Many thanks
    P.S.

P.S. wrote: »

I called your (tesco) helpline several times and nobody could help me with setting up my phone for internet.

Many thanks
    P.S.

Yes I will reiterate this....

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭byrnefm

Hi Paul,

Today is the first day I used the new data charges with Tesco Mobile and I was wondering whether a minimum session time can be defined as being, say at least a minute? For example, three times today when I used the internet, I was charged for two sessions in 2 to 3 seconds. That seems like a very short session time to me!

Btw - I'm not complaining about the pricing, it's just that if I used the internet a few times each day like this, it would start adding up quickly. The double-sessions happened nearly every time I used the internet.
    GPRS Basic Service Apr 19, 2012 12:47:47 PM tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com National calls to mobile network 887 Bytes EUR0.02
    GPRS Basic Service Apr 19, 2012 12:47:48 PM tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com National calls to mobile network 7,927 Bytes EUR0.02
    GPRS Basic Service Apr 19, 2012 12:50:49 PM tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com National calls to mobile network 10,762 Bytes EUR0.02
    GPRS Basic Service Apr 19, 2012 12:50:51 PM tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com National calls to mobile network 401,206 Bytes EUR0.02
    GPRS Basic Service Apr 19, 2012 3:10:29 PM tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com National calls to mobile network 36,800 Bytes EUR0.02
    GPRS Basic Service Apr 19, 2012 3:24:42 PM tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com National calls to mobile network 502 Bytes EUR0.02
    GPRS Basic Service Apr 19, 2012 3:24:44 PM tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com National calls to mobile network 81,070 Bytes EUR0.02

byrnefm wrote: »
    Hi Paul,

Today is the first day I used the new data charges with Tesco Mobile and I was wondering whether a minimum session time can be defined as being, say at least a minute? For example, three times today when I used the internet, I was charged for two sessions in 2 to 3 seconds. That seems like a very short session time to me!

Btw - I'm not complaining about the pricing, it's just that if I used the internet a few times each day like this, it would start adding up quickly. The double-sessions happened nearly every time I used the internet.

Hi there

it is 2c per MB or part thereof for a session. What phone do you have?

The best way to configure your phone is to hold the session and not disconnect each time.

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭grasshopper31

P.S. wrote: »

Many thanks
    P.S.

Thought this might have been resolved with customer service ... i had the same problem when i changed over, and after numerous calls/ mails etc it was resolved by switching data roaming on... this is going back to January....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

Hey guys,

Successfully ported my number over to Tesco Mobile from Three Mobile this morning. A few problems have arrose on iPhone 4.

Can't send picture messages to anyone. (have entered settings as previously stated in thread, and restored phone)

Cannot send/receive texts and calls from Three customers, all other networks fine. (as far as i know)

Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi there

it is 2c per MB or part thereof for a session. What phone do you have?

The best way to configure your phone is to hold the session and not disconnect each time.

regards
    Paul

I've a Nokia E52. You wouldn't know how to set the Nokia to hold onto sessions by any chance? :confused:

I've a Nokia E52. You wouldn't know how to set the Nokia to hold onto sessions by any chance? :confused:

Is HSPA on? If it is then it should hold the session once connected. You will se 3.5G with the arrows on the top of the screen

Menu > Ctrl. panel > Settings and Connection > Packet data > High speed packet access

regards
    Paul

• Advertisement

Zhane wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Successfully ported my number over to Tesco Mobile from Three Mobile this morning. A few problems have arrose on iPhone 4.

Can't send picture messages to anyone. (have entered settings as previously stated in thread, and restored phone)

Cannot send/receive texts and calls from Three customers, all other networks fine. (as far as i know)

Any help would be much appreciated.

It is likely Three need to update your routing.

Please contact customer care below or give a call on 1749 and they can follow up with Three.

http://www.tescomobile.ie/contact-us.aspx

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snowey07

any idea when ICS will be released ? I really need to get rid of the pre loaded apps, theyre ruining my battery life

It's in test. About 1 to 2 weeks away

Is HSPA on? If it is then it should hold the session once connected. You will se 3.5G with the arrows on the top of the screen

Menu > Ctrl. panel > Settings and Connection > Packet data > High speed packet access

regards
    Paul

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your reply. When I connect to the internet, I do get the 3.5G with the '=' underneath it to indicate that it's on HSPA.

My settings are under: Menu > Ctrl Panel > Settings > Connection > Packet data with two settings for "Packet data connection": (I don't have an option called "High speed packet access")

When needed
    When available

It was set to 'When needed'.
    I'll set it to 'When available' to see what happens. Fingers crossed!

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your reply. When I connect to the internet, I do get the 3.5G with the '=' underneath it to indicate that it's on HSPA.

My settings are under: Menu > Ctrl Panel > Settings > Connection > Packet data with two settings for "Packet data connection":

When needed
    When available

It was set to 'When needed'.
    I'll set it to 'When available' to see what happens. Fingers crossed!

Yes, when available will hold the session. When needed disconnects each time.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭embereve

Just shopping around for new deal -out of contract with current provider. The Tesco deal seems almost too good to be true - looking at €55 per month with 1000 anynetwork mins, 1000 texts. Am I missing something? What's the catch??

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Felim_Doyle

I purchased a new PAYG phone yesterday but I have been unable to register it on the Tesco Mobile site today: "There was a problem registering your details, please try again later". The error message is rather generic and unhelpful, so I can't tell if the problem is at my end or Tesco Mobile's.

I'm also having trouble signing up to the main Tesco website too: "Sorry, we couldn't register your details", so is there a general problem with Tesco's servers or is there something wrong with me? :(

Hi Paul

Any progress in getting the slow data issue resolved? Speeds again tonight unusable, I have had to wait until I had a wifI connection just to be able to post here!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

GIMP wrote: »
    Hi Paul

Any progress in getting the slow data issue resolved? Speeds again tonight unusable, I have had to wait until I had a wifI connection just to be able to post here!

Are you in Dublin GIMP? I was there for the weekend and the speed was terrible! However, back in Wexford its grand again!

• Advertisement

Zhane wrote: »
    Are you in Dublin GIMP? I was there for the weekend and the speed was terrible! However, back in Wexford its grand again!

Yes Zhane in Dublin, been really poor now for about a month.

Advertisement