Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    I did all three sciences for the LC and I wouldn't change that for anything. It's so great doing more than one coz you get to see how they intertwine.

I don't think I'd be able to do all three sciences with the way the subjects combine, last year Physics and Chemistry were on the same line so that would rule out one of them.
    Don't. Do. History....
    Only joking, its hard but I'm finally beginning to like it :) Its a lot of essay writing and once you get the hang of it, it's fine :) there is a lot of time pressure though :(
    I also do economics and that's lovely :) Its really interesting and the course is quite small :)
    Don't do any of the rest :( If you have any questions just pm me :) and that's only my 2 pence worth on those subjects

In other news, my arrrgh is I messed up my german oral today :( it was only ok :( just like my irish oral :(

I was told it's hard but my teachers seem to think I'll be well able for it and I find it really interesting too, but I also find everything else interesting!

I do think economics would be interesting but it's be the one I'd be least interested in out of what I have narrowed it down to.
    SChique00 wrote: »
    Personally I'd pick Chemistry, History and Geography - gives you the basal knowledge for a wide range of college courses and careers, because you've got a mix of Humanities/Arts and Science. But I've heard that Chemistry is very hard to get your head round if you're not naturally science-y, so I'd only pick it if you really enjoyed JC Science (which you probably did seeing as you're thinking about Physics). Nearly 40 people signed up for the only Chemistry class, but I reckon by Christmas half of them will have dropped out...
    Economics is good to have behind you, but it requires a lot of self-discipline and individual learning outside the classroom - you sort of have to have an interest in stocks, global finance, the whole EU thing, that kinda shizz (which I don't :P)

I'm doing Applied Maths next year outside of school and I was told that it would go well with Physics. So that's making me lean towards Physics.
    deise_girl wrote: »
    I dunno everyone says how they do economics outside school coz its easy but bar maths and maybe irish I defo find that the hardest.
    Like maybe its just my teachers way of teaching and me doing so little.. Its not a total walk in the park tho..

Not like Geography. Just learn the words in geography and the marks will come <3 Well act the marking scheme is kinda turning into a bitch, watch out for phrasing.. But you dont think of marking schemes when picking a subject.. Well I didnt..

I found Geography easy enough last year and looking at LC books it looks grand.
    I feel sorry for you - I got my form with the four groups and thankfully each group had a subject I love/am interested in :D
    But now every time I tell people my subjects, it's met with a sharp intake of breath and the same phrase "that's a heavy enough workload", so I'm starting to doubt myself.... :pac:

I'm hoping my choice is made for me by the way the lines end up.

What subjects are you doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭SChique00

I was told it's hard but my teachers seem to think I'll be well able for it and I find it really interesting too, but I also find everything else interesting!

I'm doing Applied Maths next year outside of school and I was told that it would go well with Physics. So that's making me lean towards Physics

I'm hoping my choice is made for me by the way the lines end up.

What subjects are you doing?

I find Maths difficult and monotonous enough during school time - I couldn't do more after school, and what's more, pay for the privilege :P

That happened me! I was so lucky, but reckon I'll end up with seven subjects (hopefully 6 HL) by Christmas of 5th year :)

Business, Accounting, History and Biology :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Chemistry FTW!!!

<333333333333333333333333333

Best subject EVAR.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

But I've heard that Chemistry is very hard to get your head round if you're not naturally science-y, so I'd only pick it if you really enjoyed JC Science (which you probably did seeing as you're thinking about Physics). Nearly 40 people signed up for the only Chemistry class, but I reckon by Christmas half of them will have dropped out...
    I don't think chemistry is as hard as people make it out to be, even though I'm studying chemistry in college I wouldn't consider myself naturally gifted at it at all! I only did well in leaving cert because I worked at the core concepts, and once I had that down everything else slots into place nicely. I think people struggle because secondary school teaches you to learn rather than to understand, and chemistry is just one of those subjects that's difficult to learn when you don't have a clue what's going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

I feel incredibly crummy tonight. I feel so crummy that if you were to reconstitute all the crumbs involved you'd probably be left with a sizeable, inedible sandwich. Maybe it'd be foot-long, but with really horrible filling combinations like sardine, ketchup, unripe banana, and asparagus. I don't even know why I feel this way, so there's very little I can do other than sprawl lethargically while loathing myself... and now I feel slightly hungry after contemplating composite sammiches. Maybe I should just sleep until my feelings decide to stop misbehaving. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Tradceol

Hey I'm doing physics, chemistry and applied maths. I love chemistry, it's really different to what you learn for the junior cert though. To be fair I absolutely hated it in september but unlike half of my class I stuck at it and it's now easily one of my favorite subjects. Once you understand the main concepts it's quite easy tbh. I started applied maths about 4 weeks ago I really like it, much better than any of that project maths nonsense :) Applied maths definitely links with physics, it kind of helps if you have basics physics for applied maths and a.maths makes the calculations in physics seem easy:D Sorry I can't quote in this because I'm on my IPod. On an aaarrrrgghh note just did an hour and a half of piano my arms are now in bits as is my back and I'd say I improved by 0.000000000001%

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Cakes....

CHEMISTRY.

I still don't get why it's labelled as being so hard tbh. Everything just slots together in a nice, neat jigsaw puzzle.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Slow Show wrote: »
    CHEMISTRY.

I still don't get why it's labelled as being so hard tbh.

Maybe it's 'cos it's FOOKING IMPOSSIBLE!!!!

From the subjects you posted Cakes, I'd go with History(if you're genuinely interested), Physics(since you're doing Applied Maths) and Economics (because Geography is ghey :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Maybe it's 'cos it's FOOKING IMPOSSIBLE!!!!

From the subjects you posted Cakes, I'd go with History(if you're genuinely interested), Physics(since you're doing Applied Maths) and Economics (because Geography is ghey :pac:)

ah its not impossible.. IT'S UNRAAAAIL.

Everyone should do chemistry.

How can I have spent weeks studying and yet still feel completely unprepared for these exams? :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Shit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,390 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Don't do chemistry!!!!
    I had weekly grinds and revision courses every holidays and still failed it.
    I did geography in a year and got a b1 in higher level.
    Soooo much easier and nicer.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭VampiricPadraig

My "aaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh" for today is:

I f'in hate people (ie. My parents) banging doors all the f'in time. Yes it might be a bit windy but that is not a valid excuse for banging doors all the time.

Shouting is also not necessary tyvm.

And for all that, I get a bad headache....

*breathes* Stay positive Vamp...Stay positive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

I did Biology, Chemistry,Geography and Business. Chemistry, even though I loved it, killed me :pac: It's one of these subjects your either good at or your not. There seems to be no middle ground with it :P

I loved Geography! Lovely paper and really nice subject :D

Aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhhhh.... why arent I studying? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

I managed to do honours chemistry in a year as well as 8 other subjects, if you push yourself you can do it easily in 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

So apparently projectile vomiting is a real thing.

My friends are all calling over in like 2 hours to go out for my birthday. Hopefully that was a one off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Somehow emerged from the exam hall with a sunburnt neck. It wasn't sunny and I'm pretty sure there's no windows in there.

I really can't do this anymore. There's always something I'm meant to be doing, always someone needing me to do something or something I'm expected to do. I want to help everyone but this is killing me. I just need a break. I just want to have nothing to do. I can't do this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

Aoifey! wrote: »
    I really can't do this anymore. There's always something I'm meant to be doing, always someone needing me to do something or something I'm expected to do. I want to help everyone but this is killing me. I just need a break. I just want to have nothing to do. I can't do this.

You ok? You need to chat, you know where to find me :) X

You ok? You need to chat, you know where to find me :) X

Thanks :) just everything getting a bit much, ya know? Hopefully once college is over things'll get a bit easier

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭HandsomeDivil

Detention on Saturday morning. Great. Just fcuking great.

This. Again. Grrr :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

What did you do?? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

You get detentions on saturday? :p

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Tut tut. You only have yourself to blame!!

[/old]

Kids these days, always in trouble :p

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭HandsomeDivil

Well I'm glad my detention is such a source of glee to you all! :p Yeah detention on Saturday morning from 9-11, we can't even do homework or study, most people just go to sleep. And as for what I did, it's for continuous lateness to school. Yeah I know...

watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png

Oh and wnolan, shut up. :p

Edit: You too Aoifey!.

Yeah detention on Saturday morning from 9-11, we can't even do homework or study, most people just go to sleep.
    tumblr_m2iikraOib1r79nqko1_500.gif

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

That film should be mandatory for teenagers. It is made of awesome and win.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

*Points proudly at signature*
    <3

• Advertisement

Bah! Following the Smedias on Twitter... *grumble grumble*.... should be there........*grumble grumble*......stupid judges.........*grumble grumble*........make society pay.............

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement