Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android 4.0 Tablet (7" Capacitive, Wi-Fi, 1GHz) = €92

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

but I came across this HYUNDAI A7HD...

That's a lovely tablet, very discreet styling.

Here's SlateDroid's A10 tablet sub forums. It'll give you an idea of what's out there.

http://www.slatedroid.com/forum/274-allwinner-a10-cpu-devices/

Specific talk of the HYUNDAI, pitting it against the Aurora..

http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/32081-hyundai-a7hd-aurora%c2%b4s-ips-competitor/

You might have seen me link to this site before, Colonel Zap is a good YouTube page to browse for all the A10 (integrated CPU/GPU chipset the Ainol Aurora and others have) Clones floating about at the moment.

Many of the new generation also have IPS, so.. that jewel in the Aurora crown is no longer unique. Haipad i7 is more or less identical to the Aurora, with more than a passing nod to a HTC tablet..

Blog: http://colonelzap.blogspot.com/

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/SchlumpfiHB

• Registered Users Posts: 22 lambayrules

great thanks ! looks like it has just been released.

It very hard to decide , the more research i do the tougher the decision....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

great thanks ! looks like it has just been released.

It very hard to decide , the more research i do the tougher the decision....

Am I right in saying that that one is about €120 delivered ?

About that- plus you will have to add customs.(€30+) I have never used Mcbub but they claim delivery time will be about 15-30 days.... People on this thread have used Mcbub.

It looks great and specs are very good. I am keeping an eye on the slatedroid discussion (see above) hopefully they have some sort of review shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

How long does it take to show up on dhl??? I ordered last friday and it only got shipped wednesday and still can't track it!

They should have sent you a DHL tracking number as soon as it was picked up from the seller. It may be still be waiting in Hong Kong and will be shipped over the weekend to Germany, then the UK then over here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

How long does it take to show up on dhl??? I ordered last friday and it only got shipped wednesday and still can't track it!
    I reckon it will show up on DHL tracking monday and you will have it wednesday.Mine was picked up on wed 4 apr and I had it friday 6 apr.

MayoForSam wrote: »
    +1 for Aliexpress from me as well, I ordered an Ainol Novo Aurora on the 10th and DHL just delivered it back home (7 days), so that's me sorted to do a spot of tinkering this evening :).

I did get done for customs however, apparently DHL are checking most packages (mine was put down as a $40 digital photo frame by the seller) and asked me to forward the invoice. The amount due was an extra €44, so all-in the Aurora cost me just under €170, still a good price.

Hi Mayo would you know if your Aurora from this seller has the new LG IPS screen ?

How is the Aurora working out for you ? cheers

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    How much did it cost all in? And is flash supported?
    $240 delivered,didnt check what the exchange rate was.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Yeah i got the tracking number Wednesday just Still isn't showing up on System of DHL, They going checking with DHL see what delay is.
    MayoForSam wrote: »
    They should have sent you a DHL tracking number as soon as it was picked up from the seller. It may be still be waiting in Hong Kong and will be shipped over the weekend to Germany, then the UK then over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Any thought's on this one,it seems to be decent value for a 10" capacitive screen.

http://www.aliexpress.com/product-gs/493068215-10-Zenithink-C91-with-ZT280-Capacitive-Screen-Tablet-PC-wholesalers.html

• Advertisement

Yeah i got the tracking number Wednesday just Still isn't showing up on System of DHL, They going checking with DHL see what delay is.

The same thing happened to me ,it took a few days to show up on DHL's tracke fter aliexpress sent me the tracking number but then only took 3 days to arrive from it showing up with DHL.Still reckon you will have it wednesday,7-8 working days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Hi Mayo would you know if your Aurora from this seller has the new LG IPS screen ?

How is the Aurora working out for you ? cheers

No, I think mine has the older screen, the new LG one is only just out.

The current screen is still very good though, clear and crisp with good viewing angles. I'd only give the unit itself 7/10 in terms of build quality though, there's a few creaks around the edges when you pinch the case and the buttons on the top edge are a bit iffy. The unit is very slim and streamlined, in fact it's almost a bit slippery to hold.

I upgraded the firmware, I'm running ECR 1.1a that I found details of on Slatedroid, it does a decent job of optimising ICS. I also used the AllWinner mod to make my tablet be seen as a Samsung Galaxy S2 on the market, which allowed me to install Asphalt 6 HD and Six Guns. They both run fairly well, some lag. The battery life is also better after installing ECR 1.1a. It has played whatever MKV, MP4, AVI file, etc. that I have thrown at it with ease and in excellent quality.

So in summary, the Aurora is pretty good for the price, at the rate these tablets are been released, the current state-of-the-art will be obsolete in 6 months so there's never a best time to buy. The Aurora will keep the kids happy over the summer at the very least.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭bossdrum

I apologise if this has been asked before but can you stream sport & watch the RTE player etc. on these tablets?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

bossdrum wrote: »
    I apologise if this has been asked before but can you stream sport & watch the RTE player etc. on these tablets?

I don't own the tablets discussed in this thread, but the short answer is maybe. I find on a tegra 2 tablet (lenovo K1) that flash video thats SD plays just fine in most cases, RTE player is ok. HD content can be a bit jittery. The bigger problem is that some streaming services use stuff like silverlight which may not be supported on android.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

Finding all this discussion very confusing.:o

I'm looking for a Tablet for car/holiday. Mainly for bit of web browsing, email, Video playing & kids games.

Had been looking at the Ainol 7" on pigsback as I have the piggypoints, so it would only cost me the vat. (So €30)

However wondering would it do all I need, or should I consider something else?Budget would be only around €100.

All help appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

Maybe check out the 7" NatPC one mentioned above.

http://www.ebellking.com/natpc-m009s

It's €108 if you get it within the next 9 hours.

Good spec, up to date and gets overall good reviews on Amazon and elsewhere for that price range.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭k123456

I have the Elf, v happy with, once I reflashed with a custom Rom

Avoid Pandawill

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

k123456 wrote: »

Avoid Pandawill
    Moon54 wrote: »
    Maybe check out the 7" NatPC one mentioned above.

http://www.ebellking.com/natpc-m009s

It's €108 if you get it within the next 9 hours.

Good spec, up to date and gets overall good reviews on Amazon and elsewhere for that price range.

So both of these better then the Ainol 7", but would the Ainol do what I need at €30?

Qwerty? wrote: »
    So both of these better then the Ainol 7", but would the Ainol do what I need at €30?

There is better Ainol tablets but for €30 you can't go wrong imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

k123456 wrote: »

Avoid Pandawill
    What custom ROM did you put on your Elf?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

Qwerty? wrote: »
    Finding all this discussion very confusing.:o

I'm looking for a Tablet for car/holiday. Mainly for bit of web browsing, email, Video playing & kids games.

Had been looking at the Ainol 7" on pigsback as I have the piggypoints, so it would only cost me the vat. (So €30)

However wondering would it do all I need, or should I consider something else?Budget would be only around €100.

All help appreciated.
    The Ainol Paladin 7" doesn't natively support Flash or all Android Market apps/games, so I would suggest a different tablet that would. It's good for web browsing and watching videos that you would load onto it, but past that, you'd have to do a bit of work to have everything you want.

You would be able to load Angry Birds etc onto it, manually though.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,545 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

For anyone that ordered a tablet through aliexpress, did you choose default China Air Mail or select a specific courier, DHL, UPS, etc?

I picked dhl it's stuck in hong kong at present. Not impressed.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    For anyone that ordered a tablet through aliexpress, did you choose default China Air Mail or select a specific courier, DHL, UPS, etc?

I picked DHL,I think someone mentioned it here that you could be waiting nearly a month if you go with China Mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Chriscl1

is £113.99 a good price for an elf? might order one to a uk address then have it brought over by a visiting relative in a couple of weeks. montrose have uk stock with free uk delivery.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B007GXKR9I/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

• Registered Users Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭Sappy404

I know most of the tablets mentioned on here don't have native bluetooth, but has anyone successfully used a bluetooth dongle on theirs? I've read conflicting reports on various tabs about whether it'll work. If anyone's got it to work I'd like to know which tab and which dongle please!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

Chriscl1 wrote: »
    is £113.99 a good price for an elf? might order one to a uk address then have it brought over by a visiting relative in a couple of weeks. montrose have uk stock with free uk delivery.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B007GXKR9I/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

I bought one from mcbub a week ago. Cost €121. But got stung for customs for €44. So at that rate, it works out well at £113.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Chriscl1

I bought one from mcbub a week ago. Cost €121. But got stung for customs for €44. So at that rate, it works out well at £113.99.

Cheers jabba. I think I'll order it so. Are you happy with yours? Is it good for watching videoes and YouTube?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

I got an email from buy in coins . com this morning with some fairly chunky price reductions on a range of tablets.

I don't want to post a link and attract the spammers but if you go to their homepage a link to all the reductions will come up on the rolling slideshow.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement

Still unable to track mine via dhl from aliexpress via fancy team. There saying it prob stuck in customs in hk. There communication is good usually a reply within a hour but it's getting annoying.

Advertisement