Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android 4.0 Tablet (7" Capacitive, Wi-Fi, 1GHz) = €92

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Hmm, My Aurora is been shipped by DHL at the moment, did you have to pay the charge in the end?

My tablet was sent via DHL and they asked me to forward the order invoice even though the seller had marked the item down as a 'digital photo frame' worth $40. You will have to pay the duty I'm afraid if DHL look for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

May be a mistake

Seems to be lots of mistakes on that website Tony, the prices are all much higher than anywhere else for starters! :D

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

Hmm, My Aurora is been shipped by DHL at the moment, did you have to pay the charge in the end?

No.
    They told me it was an "error" when i queried where the charge came from. Messed me around for 5 days needlessly before they decided to all read from the same page.
    One of the worst customer experiences i've ever had. Had to constantly remind them how to do their jobs (can't honestly phrase that any better) every single step of the way.
    A (belated) apology was got in fairness from one of the supervisors who did his job, but i wondered how they get any business at all by the end of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭seanin4711

got tired of waiting and ordered this!
    http://www.futeko.com/products/TAB016.php
    seems to be up there with the onda vi40 elite 150 squids for a reputable uk seller.
    Nice one!

seanin4711 wrote: »
    got tired of waiting and ordered this!
    http://www.futeko.com/products/TAB016.php
    seems to be up there with the onda vi40 elite 150 squids for a reputable uk seller.
    Nice one!

Looks nice, I see that they are only expecting stock on May 7th. so I guess you still have a few weeks to wait.

Do let us know what it is like when you get it, I do like the decent battery capacity it has.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

brimal wrote: »
    Just letting you guys know, the Ainol Elf II is out soon.

Swings and roundabouts.. Ainol are doing a sneaky, much like the advanced II, a step sideways, both the 'Mars' and 'Tornado' will have a better CPU, but with no DC-IN or HDMI..

Trader with specs, backed up by Chinese forum talk.

Tornado: http://www.spemall.com/Ainol-Novo-7-Tornado-Android-4-0-OS-Tablet-PC-with-Amlogic-8729-M3L-Cortex-A9-1-0Ghz-Processor_g.html

Mars: http://www.spemall.com/Ainol-Novo-7-Mars-Android-4-0-3-OS-Tablet-PC-with-Amlogic-8726-M3-Cortex-A9-1Ghz-Processor_g.html

New Aurora will seemingly have a CPU speed boost, but not much else, apart from the freshly sourced IPS screen. Price creeping up too..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭brimal

Amalgam wrote: »
    Swings and roundabouts..

I agree Ainol are pulling a fast one by all the new tablets they are bringing out - but the Elf II is dual-core so is worth checking out.

http://www.spemall.com/Ainol-Novo-7-Elf-II-7-Inch-Android-4-0-Tablet-PC-with-Amlogic-Cortex-A9-Dual-Core-1-5GHz-Processor-and-HDMI-Port_g.html

• Registered Users Posts: 22 lambayrules

I agree Ainol are really poor at getting the real story out there, loads speculation about these Dual core tablets

I mailed gadgetfreakz (25/4) trying to decide on what to buy, i was asking about the alf II and this what they came back to me with

"We have just recently returned from the Hong Kong Electronics spring fair and Ainol were one of our suppliers which we had meetings with and therefore can provide some facts... The Novo 7 ELF has now stopped production and will be replaced with the Novo 7 ELF II, this is due in approximately one month but as we know from past experiences may be delayed by some time."

A couple of sellers out there like uplaytablet are claiming that Alf II is available at the end of April and beginning of may. I mailed to check if they will have stock around those dates will they have enough to cover pre-orders and I got this pleasant one line reply.

"That's what we were told by Ainol."

not the reply you would expect if you are planning to dispatch orders in the next couple day.

this is the full email i received from Gadgetfreakz in response to my inquires / whinge about Ainol and the Dual core tablets... somebody might find it useful. (Not promoting GF , I think their shipping cost a bit on the high side... but it is the only decent response i received when i made inquires to varies online sellers)

Unfortunately there is much hype and speculation found online and we find this quite frustrating at times due to the misconception given to prospective buyers of these products.

We have just recently returned from the Hong Kong Electronics spring fair and Ainol were one of our suppliers which we had meetings with and therefore can provide some facts, other information we cannot disclose at such time as we practise giving information that is genuine and concrete.

· The Ainol Novo 7 Aurora shipment we have due is the same specification as the original model and as displayed on our webpage, the only difference is the new LG screen and better build quality from the samples we have seen.

· The Novo 7 ELF has now stopped production and will be replaced with the Novo 7 ELF II, this is due in approximately one month but as we know from past experiences may be delayed by some time. We have a small quantity remaining of the ELF.

· The Novo 7 Aurora II is also due in the near future but with no exact time frame, this will be the same design and general spec’s but featuring the AmLogic Dual Core processor. Ainol’s focus at the moment is manufacturing the original Aurora with the LG display.

We have seen the new products from Ainol in Hong Kong so can confirm they are genuine but as release dates go only time will tell, we will of course update our website/twitter accordingly with the solid information we always aim to provide.

Kind Regards
    The GadgetFreakz Team

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Quick question with regards customs charges as I've never got cougth before. Was hoping mine would be delivered today with dhl it's currently clearance delay. What's the next step?do they deliver and send me a bill or what'd the situation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Quick question with regards customs charges as I've never got cougth before. Was hoping mine would be delivered today with dhl it's currently clearance delay. What's the next step?do they deliver and send me a bill or what'd the situation?

They sent me a text to say duty was due with a number to call them back on (I can PM you the number if you want), referencing the tracking number. I paid using my CC. My phone number was included as part of my address.

That would be great. Just checked aliexpress I incl my number thankfully

MayoForSam wrote: »

They sent me a text to say duty was due with a number to call them back on (I can PM you the number if you want), referencing the tracking number. I paid using my CC. My phone number was included as part of my address.

I have just purchased the Ainol Aurora from this seller

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ainol-Novo-7-Aurora-8GB-Wi-Fi-7in-Screen-Black-Android-Tablet-PC-Novo7-IPS-UK-/221008167458?pt=UK_iPad_Tablets_eReaders&hash=item33751d0222

£139.99 plus £6.49 pp based in wales.
    I mailed to check if it he selling the Aurora with the new LG IPS screen and he confirmed that it was.

I will let you know how i get on.....

Just a follow up on this eBay seller . I mailed them this morning to chase up my order as they had not dispatched it yet . They told me that they should be receiving their shipment today / tomorrow ! So not happy so far because his eBay ad and their orginal ad implied that they had stock .... 😡

So sorry not a great recommendation ...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

I would think they are only ordering them from China when they sell them, or maybe dropshipping them.

Recieved this today the elf. Customs 22euro my question being has anyone has problems with the mains charger mine doesn't really want to work most of the time

Recieved this today the elf. Customs 22euro my question being has anyone has problems with the mains charger mine doesn't really want to work most of the time

Have a look at www.slatedroid.com . It a good site for issues with the alf .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭death1234567

my question being has anyone has problems with the mains charger mine doesn't really want to work most of the time

What charger are you using? If your not using the chinese plug (with a UK adapter of course) then that's probably why its not great.

Received the elf yesterday before I even played with it flashed it with elvish running great. Few program crashes but nothing to complain about. I think the screen is excellent. Build q is also excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

What about these:

http://www.adverts.ie/shops/ian-green/

7" Android 2.3 for €65 + €10 postage. New. Warranty. Too good to be true? http://www.adverts.ie/tablet/google-android-tablets/1578656

Dub XV wrote: »
    What about these:

7" Android 2.3 for €65 + €10 postage. New. Warranty. Too good to be true? http://www.adverts.ie/tablet/google-android-tablets/1578656

It's got a resistive screen, so no multi touch and in general likely to break your heart, avoid the pain and stay away...

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Dub XV wrote: »
    What about these:

7" Android 2.3 for €65 + €10 postage. New. Warranty. Too good to be true? http://www.adverts.ie/tablet/google-android-tablets/1578656[/QUOTE]

Same as below, a capacitive screen is worth at least 30 euro more

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭k123456

Hi DAn

I has same problem with charger, supplied from Pandawill, unfortunately, they did not replace

You might have a USB charger in your house, from an old mobile, the ELF charges from USB or mains

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭seanin4711

what's the craic with charging these tablets ?
    My dad has an onda vi40 and they seem to take forever to charge from the wall socket.
    I would reckon that the wall socket is 0.5mA.
    even my htc desire charger is one amp!
    WTF???

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭eqwjewoiujqorj

I'm looking at two tablets at the moment.

The Neuropad (which comes in 3 guises) and the Ployer Momo.

The Ployer looks great value at 87 euro at Amazon - 80 Euro with free shipping on ebay, but will be shipped from HK / China so there might be a customs issue and god knows how long it will take.

The Neuropad, I *think* is shipped from UK, so faster and no customs.
    But while it has better specs it's nearly 40 euro more and crosses the 100 euro barrier.

The Neuropad Mobility has a SIM slot so No extra dongle to carry around but is 180 euro. This is the one I'd like but I'm not paying so much.

I think it's going to be a Ployer for me.

What y'all think?

Ployer Momo9 80 Euro on Ebay inc Ship , 87 Euro + Shipping on Amazon

dpph9.jpg

CloudNine Neuropad2 124 Euro 512mb / 8GB
    CloudNine Neuropad ULTRA 143 Euro 1GB / 16GB
    CloudNine Neuropad MOBILITY 180 Euro 512MB / 4GB + SIM CARD SLOT

Pe7zF.jpg

Review of the Ployer Momo9 (Also known as the VD10)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Qwerty? wrote: »

I think I have a headache from reading that thread!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deano546

I have €200 to spend and would like a 7' tablet, what would be the all round best at that price. I'd be willing to root/flash custom roms etc.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

seanin4711 wrote: »
    what's the craic with charging these tablets ?
    My dad has an onda vi40 and they seem to take forever to charge from the wall socket.
    I would reckon that the wall socket is 0.5mA.
    even my htc desire charger is one amp!
    WTF???

What type of charger is he using?My onda takes about ages to charge ,im using the one that came with it with a adaptor.I have been looking for a proper charger for it but cant find one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

hefferboi wrote: »
    Think I'll go with the Aurora. Anyone know any good websites to buy it new? Preferably U.K but China will do.
    I was looking at a few on Amazon and a Google ad led me to this crowd who are currently doing the 8GB model on promotion for €140 delivered, €20/€30 less than any of the Amazon sellers — also, they claim 3-5 days delivery and that no taxes or duties are payable (even though it's DSL'd from Hong Kong...?).

Has anyone any experience of them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

peckerhead wrote: »
    I was looking at a few on Amazon and a Google ad led me to this crowd who are currently doing the 8GB model on promotion for €140 delivered, €20/€30 less than any of the Amazon sellers — also, they claim 3-5 days delivery and that no taxes or duties are payable (even though it's DSL'd from Hong Kong...?).

Has anyone any experience of them?
    They are talking BS.You might avoid customs but that just pure luck.

Advertisement