Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness and Rollies - Off topic chat!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Are you moving to Dublin Daisies?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

cade wrote: »
    Love my Job and have one of my club sessions later; I love mondays :D

Currently bored in work due to havig nothing to do as I got everything finished when I was working on Saturday, so I may just start reading another book while here getting paid for my attendance ;) .
    I love my job, but I hate mornings. I doubly hate Monday mornings! My hatred of mornings surpasses my enjoyment of my work, unfortunately :cool:

Green and Black’s hot chocolate is the best ever, imo. Hot chocolate just isn’t the same if it’s not made with milk. I have a hot chocolate date with friends at lunch \0/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Sauve wrote: »
    Are you moving to Dublin Daisies?

Nope, have locum days where I used to work over the next month or so. Will be there for about 10 days in May. Really should like a rent a room for the month or something!

I wanna be based in Galway for the summer and will prob have locum work from June onwards in Galway so Dublin is just to keep me going until then

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭cade

swapple wrote: »
    Stayed awake all night doing an assignment. Talk about leaving it til the last minute - due in at one! :rolleyes:

On to coffee number 5.... :o

Ha that was a staple of college life in my last course, if hand up was at 5pm then you'd skip all classes that day and get it done, if it was earlier then you'd start about 10 the night before and keep going till finished then upload in the morning and depending on your attendance record either stay in bed or go sign in and then sleep in the lectures. Though I was one of those annoyingly organised students that did things ages in advance.

My first college course however, the number of sleepless nights was unreal and that was with starting month long projects the day we got them :( I was so glad the Oriental Emporium sold coffee-cola back then, total rocket fuel :D

• Administrators Posts: 53,556 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I'm after dropping my salad on the floor. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Bad one man!

In other news the music forum's turned into Hipster Haven which is disappointing hadn't visited in a bit and spent some time lately reading through it....some awful threads there, real car crash stuff! :(

PaulieC wrote: »
    Bad one man!

In other news the music forum's turned into Hipster Haven which is disappointing hadn't visited in a bit and spent some time lately reading through it....some awful threads there, real car crash stuff! :(

I'll have to go to the garage and buy another one. Doubt they'll have croutons though. Bah.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

awec wrote: »
    What's locum work?

Like substitute work. I'll be covering holidays and the like. A day here and there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Jesus.......3 people in the job here have just been let go - one of them I'm really good firends with! I am gutted......and I am just waiting for the hatchet now! Horrible atmosphere in here once again! F*ck this Shit!! :(

• Advertisement

Jesus.......3 people in the job here have just been let go - one of them I'm really good firends with! I am gutted......and I am just waiting for the hatchet now! Horrible atmosphere in here once again! F*ck this Shit!! :(

Ah balls. Sorry to hear that pal. Where do you work out of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Never nice to hear - hope your position's safe bud!

• Administrators Posts: 53,556 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

awec wrote: »
    Went for lunch there, I think the chef is trying to fatten me up. Just kept piling more and more onto the plate! :o

You could have fed 2 people! :pac:

vintage_hansel_and_gretel_witchs_house_of_candy_poster-r0a501436382a401e987492208bb18b66_aipzp_400.jpg

You didn't wander into Hansel and Gretel territory did you? :pac:

Waiting rooms suck. Waiting for bloody ages just to collect a number. Upon being called up with your number it's not to be seen.. Oh no. It's to check in.

You win this round Mater hospital....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

had to go through that so much with my broken ankle TG, it sucks balls in there. up to 4 hours waiting to be seen in total like. crazy ****.

had to go through that so much with my broken ankle TG, it sucks balls in there. up to 4 hours waiting to be seen in total like. crazy ****.

Tell me about it lass. I've a few podcasts to keep me entertained anyway at least.

That_Guy wrote: »
    Ah balls. Sorry to hear that pal. Where do you work out of interest?

I work for a company called Zamano - Mobile services etc!
    PaulieC wrote: »
    Never nice to hear - hope your position's safe bud!

horrible in here at the moment - just back from lunch wiht the lads! hate to see it happen!

Honestly don't know what's going to happen next!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

That's crap GB :(

I have a head cold I think :( My head hurts!

Afternoon all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Afternoon pem.

have to go to the doctor at 4.50. i'll no doubt be around 2 hours waiting :mad: i'm debating as to whether or not to go out for a jog.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭cade

I like visiting my Doctor as he's an interesting guy. Last time I went I hadn't been in a few years, as I simply visited the college nurse, so after getting called in to the surgery I saw he had a MACbook on his desk, realised the operating system was Linux and that the open media player was playing Nine Inch Nails. :)

So then my fifty something year old Doctor who looks more like a hollywood film producer than a Doctor, think Steve martin in Blowfinger, i.e. grey hair tied back in a pony tail, designer glasses and wearing a fashionable navy suit with brown sandals, proceeds to ask not what ailment is afflicting me but whether I like computers and Linux, what Distro I use and whether I'd be willing to install a Linux server for him. Ultimately we swapped distro cd's and then sorted out my sickness. :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Afternoon all. Hows everyone?

Sorry to hear about that GB, been there a few times myself. Not the nicest of feelings, especially when you're mates with anyone left go..

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭schrodinger

Story folks. Hope everyone had a nice weekend. I spent a large portion of mine "bedding down" on a floor (party) :S Damn shoulder is in bits today.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭tatumkelly

*cough*

*wheeze*

*sniff*

*cough*

*moan for dramatic effect*

I feel yucky... anyone want to make me soup? :o

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

tatumkelly wrote: »
    *cough*

*wheeze*

*sniff*

*cough*

Do I have to deliver? :pac:

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Do I have to deliver? :pac:

Yes please

*sneeze*

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

tatumkelly wrote: »
    *cough*

*wheeze*

*sniff*

*cough*

Me too! My head feels like someone squished it in a vice grips :(

Hai TP, you haven't been around lately - working abroad?

Pembily wrote: »
    Me too! My head feels like someone squished it in a vice grips :(

Hai TP, you haven't been around lately - working abroad?

TP .... that'll be soup for 2 I think ;)

Stoopid Irish weather making us get colds :mad:

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Sorry to hear about that GB, been there a few times myself. Not the nicest of feelings, especially when you're mates with anyone left go..

cheers TP - yeah it's horrible. Sickening feeling of dejavu though as only a year ago we lost a third of the company - so this is just annoying. As if we can all feel the guillotine above us!

hows that for a cheery monday afternoon post! :pac:

ffs sorry guys!

• Advertisement

On the bus home finally. Only took about 2 hours to be seen. If I win the lottery I'll go private... Actually better yet, I'll just buy myself some new eyes...

Diamond eyes!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement