Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

I was in Köln, Schwerin and Berlin on a school tour back in 2001. I absolutely loved it!

The main thing I loved was being able to go into a music shop and buy Rammstein, Megaherz and Oomph CDs straight off the shelf. Not a hope of even getting Rammstein CDs here off the shelf at that stage :D

Lived and worked in Germany for two years and really liked it. I was in Koln for the carnival - nuts experience! :eek:;):cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭Fiona

really wanna go to Koln :( (Cologne)

I think we all know where in Germany i would like to go :o fanboi :D But right now i would really love to be sitting down in Cafe Del Mar with a nice glass of champagne.

RoverJames wrote: »
    WAs telling the lady behind the bar in a club over there that they should sell the ole cigars there as they didn't have the ban.

I would say she was more interested in your pink cigar! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

Back in the miserable recession riddled land of Ireland.

Great

mrs crilly wrote: »
    I think we all know where in Germany i would like to go :o fanboi :D But right now i would really love to be sitting down in Cafe Del Mar with a nice glass of champagne.

Let me guess you want to go Munchen?:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,226 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Paris is a sh!thole apart from the Eiffel Tower which was genuinely an amazing feat of engineering to me, Berlin is what you want.

Hmmm, one of the 19th centuries planned cities versus a hodge podge of communist and capitalist buildings in one of Europe's largest bomb sites. I think this is taking the WWII love toooooo far;).

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Let me guess you want to go Munchen?:D

Drunk posting will get you into trouble! And yes i will when the time is right bhaha!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,226 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

That is a beautiful city and one which, IMO, beats the pants off Munich.

Drunk posting will get you into trouble! And yes i will when the time is right bhaha!

I've only just started!

I was in Munich for the beer festival a few years back. Great time! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭Johntegr

I dunno how many cars have crashed into that roundabout! They just go straight through it instead!
    LOL. I like that little road that goes from Ratoath across to the cinema in Ashbourne. ALOT of fun in the Teg. :D

• Advertisement

Johntegr wrote: »
    LOL. I like that little road that goes from Ratoath across to the cinema in Ashbourne. ALOT of fun in the Teg. :D

That would be the Ballybin road its good! Let me know the next time your passing. I want to learn more about this vtec thing! The Ashbourne to Swords road is my favourite. R135 i think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭Johntegr

That would be the Ballybin road its good! Let me know the next time your passing. I want to learn more about this vtec thing! The Ashbourne to Swords road is my favourite. R135 i think.
    I like that one too when the GoSafe van and crazy truckers aren't on it. :pac:

One of the best roads in the country IMO is the stretch between Laragh and Rathdrum. Try that in a yank tank in the wet! :eek:;):cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Great weekend in Mondello, some really nice cars out in the historics, and only a small bit of contact as usual in the touring cars....

For a tenner in the Sunday is a great day out.

Now to get the racecar finished and get out for some of these weekends as a driver!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

RoverJames wrote: »
    I was in Berlin for a weekend, boring kip of a place

:eek: Srsly?! I feckin' LOVE Berlin - I'd move there in a flash if I knew more German! Any city that has a statue of Rob Halford (of Judas Priest) inside a pub run by Germanys answer to Rob Halford can't be a bad thing. But then again, I'm a bit of a metalhead, and these things impress me :D
    ... and Oomph

I think I saw them a few years ago at NovaRock. Think they were all dressed in white, must relocate the t-shirt to confirm!

I was in Cologne years ago, just remember it being very gothic-looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

jenizzle wrote: »
    I think I saw them a few years ago at NovaRock. Think they were all dressed in white, must relocate the t-shirt to confirm!.

Yep, that'd be them boyz!

Great weekend in Mondello, some really nice cars out in the historics, and only a small bit of contact as usual in the touring cars....

For a tenner in the Sunday is a great day out.

Now to get the racecar finished and get out for some of these weekends as a driver!

Racecar?

Pics etc!

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Tempted to wash the car. Will probably be dark before Im finished though...

What to do!

Racecar?

Pics etc!

Ah the racecar is old news around these parts!

297121_234415086618325_100001495053396_628931_1691990363_n.jpg

The white DC2 was her stablemate at the time.

Need to get me a track car. An old Skyline would do the trick nicely! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

conzymaher wrote: »
    Tempted to wash the car. Will probably be dark before Im finished though...

What to do!

Turn on a light and keep going :D

You'll only end up getting lapped by little Honda's if you do that....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,872 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

You'll only end up getting lapped by little Honda's if you do that....:D

Sure yours look to be a skoda going by that badge on the bonnet.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,405 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

jenizzle wrote: »
    I was in Cologne years ago, just remember it being very gothic-looking.

I was in cologne in 1995, myself and my brother were in the cathedral, we were thrown out because Michael Jackson was there and was having a look around.

Quazzie wrote: »
    Sure yours look to be a skoda going by that badge on the bonnet.

That badge was swiftly removed when the owner of that workshop seen it....

MAAC%202012%20Poster%20%28Medium%29.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Ditto. Almost did it earlier in the year. Definitely thinking about. Loads of them being off loaded of late.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Good beer, a quite interesting city and there's a restaurant called "Asterix" run by the students in the city. If you ever down there, call in there. Good cheap food and an interesting athmosphere.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

MAAC%202012%20Poster%20%28Medium%29.jpg

It's always on around this time of year isn't it? Must pop over, home that weekend and it's only 10 minutes away.

• Advertisement

E39MSport wrote: »
    Ditto. Almost did it earlier in the year. Definitely thinking about. Loads of them being off loaded of late.

I don't generally go Jap but I reckon it's probably the cheapest route in to track cars. Had a quick gander on DD and see there's Skylines going for a couple of grand. I realise they are probably junkers but they would just be for trashing anyhow. Would rather an M3 / M5 but ain't got the wonga and it would hurt me to destroy one!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement