Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

LoTwan wrote: »
    Are any of them cute enough to bother?

Around half of them cute, but only 2 of them with common enough interests as myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

newbee22 wrote: »
    After very little mail and success since I rejoined, I took the plunge and threw my picture back up, hopefully it will work out this time for me, millionth time is a charm! Down side is in the space of 5 mins I've received 12 emails along the lines of 'Good weekend?' Should I play these copy and pasters at their own game and copy and paste them all the same reply? Decisions!

Just reply "No, hence why I'm on here!" See what they replly with. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭LoTwan

Are any of them cute enough to bother?

Around half of them cute, but only 2 of them with common enough interests as myself!

Then splurge on the electrons and reply to this two :)

Larianne wrote: »
    Just reply "No, hence why I'm on here!" See what they replly with. :pac:

Love it Larianne!!

Love it Larianne!!

Well, did you do it? :)

• Advertisement

Haha yep just sent that as a reply to one of them! You are a bad influence on me! :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

After very little mail and success since I rejoined, I took the plunge and threw my picture back up, hopefully it will work out this time for me, millionth time is a charm! Down side is in the space of 5 mins I've received 12 emails along the lines of 'Good weekend?' Should I play these copy and pasters at their own game and copy and paste them all the same reply? Decisions!

12 mails in 5 mins,
    0 in 6 months
    You must be very hot

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Re: The girl I mentioned earlier who I was mailing but struggling in getting good conversation going; I give up. Her grammar has deteriorated to the point that I can no longer decipher her mails. It started well, but got worse with every mail. Either she's been getting progressively drunker throughout the day or taking the mick by seeing how far she can push it. Seriously, the last mail I got made no sense at all.
    Whatever it is, it has become more trouble than it's worth.

Oh great, POF thinks I'm from Cork now. Oh well, I suppose it's not as bad as the time it thought I was from Wales!

Galvasean wrote: »
    Re: The girl I mentioned earlier who I was mailing but struggling in getting good conversation going; I give up. Her grammar has deteriorated to the point that I can no longer decipher her mails. It started well, but got worse with every mail. Either she's been getting progressively drunker throughout the day or taking the mick by seeing how far she can push it. Seriously, the last mail I got made no sense at all.

I'll chat with you in complete sentences. :D

I was >< that lose to deleting my POF account (I'm annoyed today) when I got a message from a suitably tall guy. We have been messaging now for an hour. What's the polite way to say "I'm going to sleep, message me in the morning if you are still interested"?

• Advertisement

K-thnx.

BRB!

:pac:

Very pretty girl visits Galvasean's page.
    Galvasean visits her page to find the profile contains no information.
    Would it be rude to mail this?

"Hi there. Based on your photo you are a very attractive young female. Do you have a personality to go with it?"

I was >< that lose to deleting my POF account (I'm annoyed today) when I got a message from a suitably tall guy. We have been messaging now for an hour. What's the polite way to say "I'm going to sleep, message me in the morning if you are still interested"?

Something like "Hey I gotta hit the hay. Nice chatting to you. Maybe chat again sometime?".
    Very pretty girl visits Galvasean's page.
    Galvasean visits her page to find the profile contains no information.
    Would it be rude to mail this?

"Hi there. Based on your photo you are a very attractive young female. Do you have a personality to go with it?"

Doooooooooooo it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭JimBob777

so i went on a date 2nite with a girl i met last weekend out at home, went to the cinema..even though its a cardinal sin online hah it was her choice, went well, id say we'll have a few more so hiding my profile for the foreseeable future on the sites.i took down my pics and i clicked hide profile,will no1 be able to find me now? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭JimBob777

this is one of them woman tests, believe me...this is what it is.....
    she speaking in code, if your intelligent enough to crack the code, you get a date with her...good luck Tom Hanks(da vinci code) :D

argosy2006 wrote: »

12 mails in 5 mins,
    0 in 6 months
    You must be very hot

No not very hot, just female!

K-thnx.

BRB!

:pac:

k cul cht u l8r ur kute btw

(that sentence caused me great pain to write & I haven't seen your photo so it's just your style that's cute LOL)

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ChannelNo5

OK giving up on POF. Only been back on it 2 weeks!:( Is this a record?...
    I think i need another cat to make my life complete:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Does anyone else find themselves becoming extremely picky? I looked through a load of profiles and not one of them impressed me enough to send a message :/

Ankhyu wrote: »
    Does anyone else find themselves becoming extremely picky? I looked through a load of profiles and not one of them impressed me enough to send a message :/

Yes! At times I sit here saying "too short" "too far away" "too whatever" and clicking back.

I can't understand why someone would click Yes to "would like to meet" without noticing that I live 2.5 hours away. Oy!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

I've never actually used the "Meet Me" feature and I've never checked who wants to meet me. If they want to meet me badly enough, they'll send me a message!

ETA that the same applies to me; if I want to meet someone, I'll just message them.

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

awec wrote: »
    I don't think the meet me thingy tells you were people live.

I'm pretty sure it just shows a picture with a yes and no button.

Don't use it myself.

Yes, but there is a link to "view profile"

awec wrote: »
    I don't think the meet me thingy tells you were people live.

I'm pretty sure it just shows a picture with a yes and no button.

Don't use it myself.

No, it gives age and location.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

I re-activated my profile the other night because himself wanted to see what mine was like. you can't deactivate it again for a week. i've been getting messages, so not to waste anyones time, I've changed my details to seeing someone, and only looking for friends.

i got a message earlier:
    Well enjoy ****ING him then bitch

X saw this in Recent Activity...
    I’m seeing someone now!

wow. he hadn't pm'd me before or anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

I re-activated my profile the other night because himself wanted to see what mine was like. you can't deactivate it again for a week. i've been getting messages, so not to waste anyones time, I've changed my details to seeing someone, and only looking for friends.

i got a message earlier:

wow. he hadn't pm'd me before or anything!

Write back telling him you will, hard.

I just got a message on OKC informing me that a couple wanted to meet with me. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

nah. i've reported it now.
    the guy hadn't even looked at my profile either, like wtf. why such hatred!?

are they a good looking couple?

I feel like a real woman.

Today I got the strapon & golden shower message.

I got offered FWB 3 times from boys (yes, they are boys... They may be old enough to vote but they are boys) and had a lovely chat with a man who is 14 years my senior, can write complete words and full sentences and apologised for going out but asked if he could message me again later.

I feel loved today LOL

Galvasean... R u stl on 4 txtn?

Larianne.....the person I sent your reply to replied :P Too funny!

• Advertisement

Larianne.....the person I sent your reply to replied :P Too funny!

:D What they say?

If they're hot, send them my way! :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement