Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭managerman

So the guy I was seeing for almost two months turns out to be a bit of a creep ...after seeing each other twice a week since the start of Feb and him seeming very eager we where texting on Thursday ....I won two tickets to an advanced screening of The Avengers and asked him if he would like to go ...he said he would love to ...we continued texting all day and at 8 I asked him was he up to anything nice ...he didnt text back till the next day saying sorry he was in town and was VERY sneaky about what he was up too...I dunno what made it sneaky he was just texting weird ...so I asked kinda who he was out with ....to which I got a text that was obviously meant for someone else ....I just text back ...Im guessing thats not for me ....and havent heard from him since ....Im guessing we are over lol

Any one make any sense of that??

Eh he turned down the chance to see the avengers?! Defo something wrong with that guy! I can be your date, I'm really really nice!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

People turning down free tickets to the Avengers and i couldnt get one :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭JennyBurke101

Haha the screening was actually last night!!!! IT.WAS.AMAZING.

I hope he was kicking himself ....I didnt make it clear in the message above ...but the text that wasnt meant for me ....well it pretty much looked like a text for a girl he was about to meet up with ...telling her she better not take ages on her hair ....

Thank God he slipped up BEFORE the screening!!!!!! Still havent heard from him but I am on to much of an Avengers high to really care lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

I agree, I am a guy in my mid 20's and if any ladies have free tickets to stuff, I am always available and won't let you down!!

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Ammsy500

I hope he was kicking himself ....I didnt make it clear in the message above ...but the text that wasnt meant for me ....well it pretty much looked like a text for a girl he was about to meet up with ...telling her she better not take ages on her hair ....

What an idiot!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

i don't no what to think of PoF really

Was chating to a girl she said lets met up for coffee today i was like ok. Then she txt me back and said got college work to be doing but i will try and met up with you today and she said give me a txt back sunday mooring. Then TxT her bak this mooring no reply so o well move on again to point getting your head held up by it. Back to the drawing board for me :(

I found lately there is a lot of odd profiles in my age group coming up eG you no there fair from real so got to LoL at that site some times

I think i will be forever alone :(

Ever get the impression you're driving the entire conversation? A girl mailed me this morning and we've had a few back n' forth mails, but I cant seem to get more than a few words per reply. It's very hard to gauge interest when they don't ask any questions and don't seem willing to talk about anything you bring up ay any great length.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭managerman

Haha the screening was actually last night!!!! IT.WAS.AMAZING.

Thank God he slipped up BEFORE the screening!!!!!! Still havent heard from him but I am on to much of an Avengers high to really care lol
    I am actually really jealous of you now... I had a really good weekend, but you just ruined it for me now... Tut tut tut

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭LoTwan

Galvasean wrote: »
    Ever get the impression you're driving the entire conversation? A girl mailed me this morning and we've had a few back n' forth mails, but I cant seem to get more than a few words per reply. It's very hard to gauge interest when they don't ask any questions and don't seem willing to talk about anything you bring up ay any great length.

I can't stand when the "conversation" is akin to pulling teeth.

LoTwan wrote: »

It's a weird one. We're still talking, but despite many mails, there hasn't been a whole lot pf progress/conversation going on.
    So I'm thinking:

Mails me first - interested?
    Always replies promptly - interested?
    Replies are always very brief - uninterested?
    Appears to have not read my profile (ie: not showing up in the 'viewed me' list and never referencing anything in my profile) - uninterested?

I'm thinking she was just browsing the 'meet me' section and decided to pop me a mail (out of boredom perhaps?).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Dolly Daydreams

It's a weird one. We're still talking, but despite many mails, there hasn't been a whole lot pf progress/conversation going on.
    So I'm thinking:

Appears to have not read my profile (ie: not showing up in the 'viewed me' list and never referencing anything in my profile) - uninterested?

I'm thinking she was just browsing the 'meet me' section and decided to pop me a mail (out of boredom perhaps?).

I don't get that, if I was to message someone, I'd always check out their profile first

So I'm thinking:

I have had a few of them. I am a chatter and tend towards the longer replys and it makes me think "why am I bothering?"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

It really is a feast or famine. No messages on POF for ages and then bam 5 in one day. One guy messaged me and didn't make one reference to my profile :rolleyes:

Now being served in a living room (probably not) near you. Pity party luncheon for one. Date #3 was short & sweet. The guy may have been tall & cute but he has too many demons & there won't be a date #4. Back to the pool for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 roro_utd

I was in a relationship for 3 and a half years which was only ended last month (by text message, disgustingly) and I've been textin a really nice girl for the last 3 weeks that I met on pof. She really seems so nice but I'm not sure whether i should be gettin into somethin else so soon after the relationship. No harm in meeting up with her I guess, she's unbelievably chatty and we've loads in common so I shouldn't complain :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

roro_utd wrote: »
    I was in a relationship for 3 and a half years which was only ended last month (by text message, disgustingly) and I've been textin a really nice girl for the last 3 weeks. She really seems so nice but I'm not sure whether i should be gettin into somethin else so soon after the relationship. No harm in meeting up with her I guess, she's unbelievably chatty and we've loads in common so I shouldn't complain :)

I know how it feels about the whole breaking up via text mate. Sucks. No harm in meeting her as you say. Just see how you get on and take it from there.

G'luck lad.

That_Guy wrote: »
    roro_utd wrote: »
    I was in a relationship for 3 and a half years which was only ended last month (by text message, disgustingly) and I've been textin a really nice girl for the last 3 weeks. She really seems so nice but I'm not sure whether i should be gettin into somethin else so soon after the relationship. No harm in meeting up with her I guess, she's unbelievably chatty and we've loads in common so I shouldn't complain :)

I know how it feels about the whole breaking up via text mate. Sucks. No harm in meeting her as you say. Just see how you get on and take it from there.

G'luck lad.

Seriously? Breaking up by text? What has the world come to?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Just got this:
    Would you be interested in a submissive guy? I have skype, gmail or yahoo if you want to see me on cam. I am very genuine and very obedient.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Just got this:

Obedient?

Was it a dog messaging you?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 roro_utd

Seriously? Breaking up by text? What has the world come to?

I know yeah, I think breaking up by text becomes completely unacceptable after around a month, let alone 3 and a half years. But oh well apologies for bringing relationship issues up in an online dating thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

That_Guy wrote: »
    Obedient?

Was it a dog messaging you?

sounds like he wants to be alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I dunno, if there's no real flow to the conversation I wouldn't keep it up. They're either just messaging to pass the time or not on the same wavelength as you.
    Just got this:

I think that message has been posted here before. Copy n paste job, eh? :rolleyes:

:pac:

I'm going to the next TGC drinks. It would have to be better than iDating LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭JennyBurke101

That really sucks about being dumped by text ESPECIALLY after 3 years!!! I am actually disgusted that the guy I was seeing accidentally sent me a text for another girl and left it at that ...I would prefer if he had sent me a text after that ending it or something ...I dont know anything ...even that he didnt want to go to The Avengers ...he just left me hanging ....Now it was nowhere near years it was only two months ...but he said he was thinking of asking me to be his girlfriend ...and I asked him where we closed or open, that I didnt mind what we where once I knew ...and he said he wanted us to be closed ...so I dunno ....the point I was trying to make there is there is no consolation in a break up over a message/ text or lack there of ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 issem

I asked him where we closed or open, that I didnt mind what we where once I knew ...and he said he wanted us to be closed

No kidding. There's absolutely no point in guys prompting for an open relationship, as most guys have to wait years before getting the chance to have a sexual or romantic encounter. Why would they want their partner sleeping around while all they get is rejection, rejection, rejection?

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

After very little mail and success since I rejoined, I took the plunge and threw my picture back up, hopefully it will work out this time for me, millionth time is a charm! Down side is in the space of 5 mins I've received 12 emails along the lines of 'Good weekend?' Should I play these copy and pasters at their own game and copy and paste them all the same reply? Decisions!

How is everyone this evening? How did the weekends dates go?

• Advertisement

newbee22 wrote: »
    After very little mail and success since I rejoined, I took the plunge and threw my picture back up, hopefully it will work out this time for me, millionth time is a charm! Down side is in the space of 5 mins I've received 12 emails along the lines of 'Good weekend?' Should I play these copy and pasters at their own game and copy and paste them all the same reply? Decisions!

Are any of them cute enough to bother?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement