Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAQ: Unlocking, Jailbreak, Cydia, etc - All discussion goes here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 newcastlefan

hi,

Has any genius out there come up with an unlock for the new iPhone 4s 1.0.14 model?

I'm not that gone on a sim tray idea i.e Gevey...

Help needed and appreciated :)

NUFC

• Registered Users Posts: 10,487 ✭✭✭✭guil

hi,

Has any genius out there come up with an unlock for the new iPhone 4s 1.0.14 model?

I'm not that gone on a sim tray idea i.e Gevey...

Help needed and appreciated :)

NUFC
    Gevey is the only way for now and afaik it doesn't work with the baseband that comes with 5.1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

Has anyone ever used a website like iphone unlocker pro .com (not sure if I'm allowed to post links to these kind of sites here) to unlock there iphone? I unlocked my samsung galaxy mini using a similar website and it worked perfectly but the price to have an iphone unlocked on the same site is way to much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

A small bit of research and I've just answered my own question steer well clear it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 11 BrianB4

Hi I was wondering if there's any way downgrading my iPhone 4 from 5.1 to 5.0.1 (or lower) without the use of SHSH blobs? I never saved mine!

• Advertisement

Afaik apple have stopped signing 5.0.1 so there's no way around it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bullhead812

I want to jailbreak my ipod touch, I have 5.1 installed. I have alot of apps installed already.

1, Can i jailbreak it and keep current apps and progress?
    2. How and/or what program do I need?

I searched a little and have not found anything direct.

Thank you for any info and advice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Dr Nic

Anymore news on an unlocking option for 4.11.08 or 4.12?
    Going demented here waiting :(

• Registered Users Posts: 33 feeditout

I want to jailbreak my ipod touch, I have 5.1 installed. I have alot of apps installed already.

Use redsn0w... Heres the link: http://blog.iphone-dev.org/tagged/redsn0w
    Download available for both mac and windows

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

feeditout wrote: »

Use redsn0w... Heres the link: http://blog.iphone-dev.org/tagged/redsn0w
    Download available for both mac and windows

Bullhead, just be aware that the jailbreak for ios 5.1 is tethered, which means if you turn it off or the battery does or you reboot; you would need to connect it back up to a computer and run a program to boot it back up. This is mostly fine with an iPhone as I have done it before and you would rarely turn off your iPhone. But you're asking for an iPod touch which I presume you don't have powered on 24/7.
    So before you do anything just be aware of the steps you'd need to do every time you want to turn it on. It's not great for use while out and about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

is there a untethered jailbreak for the 5.1 4s yet ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

I'm jailbroken and unlocked and have various tweaks etc downloaded but now I can't seem to get into the app store on my phone. Anyone had this before? I figure its something I've gotten from cydia which I'd uninstall if I just knew what was the hassle.
    Any ideas welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 BrianB4

david75 wrote: »
    I'm jailbroken and unlocked and have various tweaks etc downloaded but now I can't seem to get into the app store on my phone. Anyone had this before? I figure its something I've gotten from cydia which I'd uninstall if I just knew what was the hassle.
    Any ideas welcome.

Try uninstalling MY3G! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭jbv

Rejailbreak. It wil fix the error. You will not lose any apps.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

I'd love to but i botched my last two attempts at that horribly. Thinking i couldjust hit restore in itunes. t didnt work at all :S

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭stuar

Dr Nic wrote: »

Same here, I had a nice 4.3.3 jailbreak and Gevey unlock, my daughter was playing angry birds and plugged it into the laptop to charge it, then my little wonder came to me and said all happy "Look Da, I updated your phone all by myself", to 5.0.1........AAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH.............That's great sweetheart.....:eek:

But not to worry the unlock is coming in 10 days.............seem's like months ago now, we just gotta stick it out I'm afraid and enjoy our ipod touch's...

stuar wrote: »
    Dr Nic wrote: »

:

But not to worry the unlock is coming in 10 days.............seem's like months ago now, we just gotta stick it out I'm afraid and enjoy our ipod touch's...
    Have you got a link to back up that

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Lovephones

Hi all
    My daughter has a 3GS that jailbroken and software unlocked , its on 4.1 and modem firmware is 06.15.00
    What is the easiest way to update it while keeping her unlock ?

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭wush06

Seen this early on today on twitter tried it on a 3gs and work no problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

Anyone know what carrier to select if it's locked to Three? I could only see the usual ones and Clever Communications. I tried it with CC and Vodafone but it failed both times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Ok ive probably a stupid question, always jailbreak but never really looked into the whole unlocking thing...

If i am currently paying a bill with three, what is the point of unlocking my iphone 4? Genuine stupid question but thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

If i am currently paying a bill with three, what is the point of unlocking my iphone 4? Genuine stupid question but thanks in advance!

There's no point unless you were going on holidays or something and wanted to use another network sim, eg if you were going to the states or somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Phone has to be jailbroken for the unlock, so i't not a proper unlock. I presume it's re-locked if you do a proper apple update.
    Thread title is mis-leading.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭mihau

work fine on ip4 on 4.3.3 and work fine on ip4 5.1 . Only issue I found, and I'm still not sure if it's because of the tethered jailbreak of SAM is that mail.app is not working unless "just boot".

Phone has to be jailbroken for the unlock, so i't not a proper unlock. I presume it's re-locked if you do a proper apple update.
    Thread title is mis-leading.
    That's always being the case with any software unlock

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

Can I restore to this firmware? it's currently on 4.3.3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭TBi

I think you can, you just need to change your hosts file so that itunes talks to sauriks server rather than apples. Google it...

I'm not sure. I remember reading something about blobs not being any use since iOS 5 but I dunno if that has changed

• Advertisement

To downgrade to 5.0.1 you need blobs and an APTicket for the firmware. Technically you are downgrading cos apple aren't signing the firmware but I dunno about the apticket

http://www.ijailbreak.com/how-to/downgrade-ios-5-1-to-ios-5-0-1-5-0-ifaith-windows/

Advertisement