Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAQ: Unlocking, Jailbreak, Cydia, etc - All discussion goes here

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 2,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chorcai

guil wrote: »
    Was the email just instructions or did it say the unlock was ready. Usually it can take anything between 2 and 14 days to complete

Try syncing it with the o2 sim card and see what it says

The email contained those 8 steps, I tried to sync it with O2 sim but still not good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 gmagennis1

is there an unlock for the iphone 4s on meteor, I want to unmock it so I can put a Northern Sim into it????

• Registered Users Posts: 10,478 ✭✭✭✭guil

If its on 5 or 5.0.1 you can use a gevey sim. Other than that there's no way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bullhead812

feeditout wrote: »
    I want to jailbreak my ipod touch, I have 5.1 installed. I have alot of apps installed already.

1, Can i jailbreak it and keep current apps and progress?
    2. How and/or what program do I need?

I searched a little and have not found anything direct.

Thank you for any info and advice

Use redsn0w... Heres the link: http://blog.iphone-dev.org/tagged/redsn0w
    Download available for both mac and windows

THank you Much!!!
    Bull

If its on 5 or 5.0.1 you can use a gevey sim. Other than that there's no way
    and if it is on 5:1 is there anyway which it can be reloaded back to 5.01, do you think there will be an unlock coming out for it at all?

• Advertisement

Cant go back to 5.0.1 unless you have shah blobs and an APTicket which I'm assuming you don't have and it's impossible to get them now.

Cant go back to 5.0.1 unless you have shah blobs and an APTicket which I'm assuming you don't have and it's impossible to get them now.
    and do you a think an unlock will be eventually be released or would I be better selling it on? With the new firmware released yesterday will the unlocks become available?

I doubt you will see an unlock other than a gevey sim anytime soon. It's nearly a year and a half since an unlock was released for the iPhone 4

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Hey guys,

My other half has my old iPhone 4 on 4.3.1 and 4.10.01 base band and wants to unlock it. I've seen that there is no jailbreak unlock and the only way to unlock it is through a Gevey sim? Has anyone got one? Do they work?

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Hey guys,

My other half has my old iPhone 4 on 4.3.1 and 4.10.01 base band and wants to unlock it. I've seen that there is no jailbreak unlock and the only way to unlock it is through a Gevey sim? Has anyone got one? Do they work?

Cheers.

• Advertisement

I doubt you will see an unlock other than a gevey sim anytime soon. It's nearly a year and a half since an unlock was released for the iPhone 4
    Would a Gevey Ultra S sim work? and does your phone work like normal if I put a Gevey Sim in it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

Any news on an iPad 3 jailbreak ? - that's public ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

Hi

Is there a handy way to check if my iPhone is locked to a network? I know I could just put another sim in, but I don't have one.

I bought the iPhone 4 about 18 months ago from VF, but there was a problem with the mic so I sent it back to Apple and got a new handset about 6 months ago. Would that be a factory unlocked one, do you think?

I went to VF site to request an NAC code to unlock it, but the imei number they have for my handset is not correct, presumably they only have the imei for the original handset?

Anyway, is there a quick way to find out if it's unlocked?

Thanks

Hi

Is there a handy way to check if my iPhone is locked to a network? I know I could just put another sim in, but I don't have one.

I bought the iPhone 4 about 18 months ago from VF, but there was a problem with the mic so I sent it back to Apple and got a new handset about 6 months ago. Would that be a factory unlocked one, do you think?

I went to VF site to request an NAC code to unlock it, but the imei number they have for my handset is not correct, presumably they only have the imei for the original handset?

Anyway, is there a quick way to find out if it's unlocked?

Thanks
    Generally, but not always, any replacement handset you receive from Apple is also locked to the same network. I'm not aware of any way of checking if the phone is locked, short of trying another SIM in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 64garden

Duff wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Cheers.

I have a Gevey Sim in an iphone4 bought in the states. Its works ok..ish.
    It took ages to start working. I put in a meteor pay-as-you-go sim. For a while it kept saying 'no sim', then it alternated between 'no sim' and 'no netork connection'. After I'd left it in disgust for a couple of weeks, it suddenly recognised the sim and had signal. No idea why. Now I'm terrified to turn it off in case it won't come back again.
    I don't use the iphone as a phone, only for apps, mainly cos I don't trust it to keep the signal! Apps on wi-fi are fine, no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

downgrade 5.1 for A5 devices and jailbreak NOW available from muscleNerd & co.

http://blog.iphone-dev.org/

eta, works fine, (you need previous 5.0.1 shsh blobs, stored locally, or remotely via cydia)

you need to download the 5.1.1 ipsw as well as the 5.0.1 ipsw, I didn't realise till I ran it, it askes for location of 5.1.1

run redsn0w as admin, and go Extras>Even more>Restore

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭mel123

Can I jailbreak my apple tv 2, software version 5.0??

there is a tethered jailbreak for 5.0.1, use seas0npass,

the upcoming untethered jailbreak should work, when its released, a better option

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭rai555

Hi all,
    is there way putting DNS for Netflix/USA content on Apple TV3? I tried on friends and did not worked. I does the job on my Atv 2 with playmo.tv settings so far.

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭mel123

Stuxnet wrote: »
    there is a tethered jailbreak for 5.0.1, use seas0npass,

the upcoming untethered jailbreak should work, when its released, a better option

thanks very much. any idea when it will be, weeks, months??

• Advertisement

rai555 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    is there way putting DNS for Netflix/USA content on Apple TV3? I tried on friends and did not worked. I does the job on my Atv 2 with playmo.tv settings so far.

Thank you
    atv doesnt directly support vpn settings, but there are third party services that claim to have a working solution for $5 a month ! google vpnfornetflix
    mel123 wrote: »
    thanks very much. any idea when it will be, weeks, months??

pod2g said on twitter during the week it just needs to be packaged, so weeks or less hopefully :D

(i dont know does it include atv right away, but Im sure once the seas0npass guys get the exploit, they will be able implement it)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

pod2g is saying nothing for ATV yet. Couple of weeks away to get it packaged nicely. Here is a link with various quotes from them:-

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/341127/20120515/ios-5-1-untethered-jailbreak-release-pod2g.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Chris89

Hi,

I have an iphone 4, running 5.1 and jailbroken with redsn0w (tethered). The phone is locked to vodafone and i am not eligible to have them unlock it for me, trying to unlock myself to switch to 3.

Followed a couple of tutorials online but neither worked, can anyone help me here?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

Chris89 wrote: »
    Hi,

I have an iphone 4, running 5.1 and jailbroken with redsn0w (tethered). The phone is locked to vodafone and i am not eligible to have them unlock it for me, trying to unlock myself to switch to 3.

Followed a couple of tutorials online but neither worked, can anyone help me here?

thanks
    Unless you have a preserved baseband then you can't go with a gervay sim , you can pay to have it unlocked online http://www.fonefunshop.co.uk/Unlocking/iphone_ireland_vodafone_full_unlock.htm not recommending this crowd but It will give you some idea of the cost

Stuxnet wrote: »
    atv doesnt directly support vpn settings, but there are third party services that claim to have a working solution for $5 a month ! google vpnfornetflix

i am using free services from playmo.tv about 4 months , i just wondering about ATV3

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Can anyone recommend a company to factory unlock an iPhone 4s? I am looking to buy a second hand one on adverts etc. Most are locked to a network

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

rai555 wrote: »
    i am using free services from playmo.tv about 4 months , i just wondering about ATV3

Unfortunately playmo.tv will be $50 a year very soon as it's dropping beta

http://playmo.tv/2012/04/soon-we-will-be-dropping-beta/

AntiRip wrote: »
    Unfortunately playmo.tv will be $50 a year very soon as it's dropping beta

http://playmo.tv/2012/04/soon-we-will-be-dropping-beta/

Not so good news, all free stuff doesn't last forewer :(

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

http://www.cultofmac.com/168363/ios-5-1-1-untethered-jailbreak-absinthe-2-0-to-drop-this-week-jailbreak/

Just unlocked an 3GS over the weekend for someone on 5.1 / 6.15.00.

But SemiTether ain't working on it (nothing strange installed from Cydia to prevent it from booting), so tempted to hold onto it for the week and see if the untethered JB rolls out this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭n0brain3r

Basq wrote: »
    see if the untethered JB rolls out this week.

Could be today!!

http://cydiablog.com/jailbreak-ios-5.1.1-ipsw-with-absinthe-2.0-video-in-action/

Advertisement