Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAQ: Unlocking, Jailbreak, Cydia, etc - All discussion goes here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,478 ✭✭✭✭guil

Apple are going to try stop this from working so make sure you back up the activation ticket using the latest redsn0w
    http://www.redmondpie.com/unlock-your-iphone-and-backup-activation-tickets-now-before-its-too-late/

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭knuth

Any one got this working with 3 ireland?

Have tried the hutchinson_ie profile but just getting "no service"

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭knuth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Dr. Jonathan Crane

Karsini wrote: »
    Turns out that the only reason I have my phone jailbroken is for SMS delivery reports. I'm considering updating to 5.1 and leaving it jailed as a result.

Whether I can do without the reports or not, I'm not sure. It's just something I had enabled on any phone I've had... even my Nokia 3310 could do them so I think it's ridiculous that an unmodified iPhone won't.

Doesn't iMessage include delivery reports? I can't understand why they'd put it there and not on the installed messaging app..

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭coach22

Apple have patched their activation servers so the SAM method no longer works. Gevey sim wont work either because they were copying the SAM method. SAM still works if you managed to get your iphone unlocked before apple fixed their servers.
    lordlame wrote: »

• Advertisement

Doesn't iMessage include delivery reports? I can't understand why they'd put it there and not on the installed messaging app..

Yes but for iMessages only, not SMS.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 foFox

Dr Nic wrote: »
    Anyone know will the new gevey unlock blacklisted phones or does it just re use the Sam method?

What about returning it to its owner instead of being a thief?

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭PeWu79

guil wrote: »
    Three but I don't think it's there. Select manual instead of by country and carrier. It should ask for mcc and mnc. Mnc is 272 and mnc is 05

I tried different methods and different tutorials without any success.
    I'd say it's got something to do with the phone being locked to Three...
    Now have to wait until my contract is finished.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Any chance I wonder of an untethered jailbreak for iOS 5.1 yet? I have the tethered jailbreak on 5.1 with Redsn0w and it works fine even rebooting to allow all non jailbroke features like calling, texting and official apps etc. An untethered jailbreak would be nice though.

It's getting closer and closer. Still weeks/months to go though.

http://www.redmondpie.com/hacker-discovers-two-big-jailbreak-vulnerabilities/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Hi lads, quick question I have an iphone on 4.4.3 thats jailbroken.
    I want to update to 5.0.1 untethered but apple aren't signing it anymore, is there anyway to update to this and jailbreak? tried tiny umbrella and wouldn't sign anywhere

Yes, if you saved your 5.0.1 shsh with tinyumbrella or cydia.
    Go to Cydia snd check if it displays 5.0.1 at the top.
    No, if you used your tiny or cydia for the first time just now. In this case wait until 5.1 untether arrives.

PeWu79 wrote: »
    Yes if you saved your 5.0.1 shsh with tinyumbrella or cydia.
    Go to Cydia snd check if it displays 5.0.1 at the top.
    No if you used you tiny or cydia for the first time just now. In this case wait until 5.1 untether arrives.
    That's wrong and won't work. Tiny umbrella is useless for now cos since iOS 5 you can't restore without an APTicket and shsh blobs

Not exactly wrong as it works for me fine.
    It will work if he saved his shsh blobs previously. It won't work if he only started using tiny now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Anyone else getting "posix connection refused" in cydia today? I'm getting it on two devices and rebooting doesn't help.

Anyone know what it is?

Not exactly wrong as it works for me fine.
    It will work if he saved his shsh blobs previously. It won't work if he only started using tiny now.
    Sorry but your full of ****e. have a look around the web and you will see tinyumbrella won't work alone with ios 5. Its even on the creators blog

Well I'm not such a pro but I downgraded to 4.3 and upgraded back to 5.0.1 using tinyumbrella.
    So it makes me think it still works...

a short tutorial (29/04/2012)
    http://www.redsn0w.ws/what-are-shsh-blobs-and-how-to-save-shsh-blobs-using-tinyumbrella.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

My girlfriend just got an old 3gs off a friend of hers,its locked to o2.
    i had an old o2 sim myself so threw that in and the phone is up and running.

my gf is on three so obviously shes going to need to get it unlocked offically or unoffically but until we can get around to contacting o2 is there a way for me to unlock the phone with ultrasnow,is it?

the phone is up and running, its on ios 4.3.2 and the baseband is 05.16.02.

i ran jailbreakme.com on it and cydia is now installed, whats next??

will ultrasnow unlock 05.16.02?

Well I'm not such a pro but I downgraded to 4.3 and upgraded back to 5.0.1 using tinyumbrella.
    So it makes me think it still works...

a short tutorial (29/04/2012)
    http://www.redsn0w.ws/what-are-shsh-blobs-and-how-to-save-shsh-blobs-using-tinyumbrella.html
    It doesn't say anywhere in that link that you can downgrade to 5 or 5.0.1
    Check notcoms blog or even look a few pages back in this thread to see the proof

barryd09 wrote: »

my gf is on three so obviously shes going to need to get it unlocked offically or unoffically but until we can get around to contacting o2 is there a way for me to unlock the phone with ultrasnow,is it?

The only way to unlock that with ultras0w is to install the iPad baseband 06.15.00

You can use redsn0w to install it but there is drawbacks. You will never be able to restore in iTunes unless you use a custom firmware and gps might not work either. There's some reports of the phone getting stuck in a boot loop aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

The only way to unlock that with ultras0w is to install the iPad baseband 06.15.00

You can use redsn0w to install it but there is drawbacks. You will never be able to restore in iTunes unless you use a custom firmware and gps might not work either. There's some reports of the phone getting stuck in a boot loop aswell.

Is there a gevey sim that will work on a 3gs with the 05.16.02 baseband?

Is there a gevey sim that will work on a 3gs with the 05.16.02 baseband?
    Yeah I dunno which one though

I'd wait for O2 to unlock it. As guil said, installing the iPad baseband means you can never do a normal update or restore in iTunes - you'll have to use a custom firmware every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Karsini wrote: »

I'd wait for O2 to unlock it. As guil said, installing the iPad baseband means you can never do a normal update or restore in iTunes - you'll have to use a custom firmware every time.
    Ive used www.unlockimei.net a few times. Slow enough service but its an official unlock for 22 euro

Ive used www.unlockimei.net a few times. Slow enough service but its an official unlock for 22 euro
    that's very cheap. Most I've seen advertised all charge around 80

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

From twitter:
    @pod2g: Heya! My iPhone 4 running iOS 5.1 is now untethered :-)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 2,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chorcai

One quick question before I start a jailbreak, the other half upgraded to iphone 4, I got the 3g (huura for hand-me-downs!) So while he was on the phone to Vodafone he asked about unlocking the phone. He got an email saying...

1. Connect the iPhone to iTunes.
    2. From the Devices Menu on the left hand side of the iTunes screen, right click on the
    iPhone and select Back Up.
    3. Once the Back Up has completed click the Restore button, from within the Version
    section on the iPhone summary tab.
    4. When the Restore has completed, a message advising the iPhone has been
    unlocked will appear (see below).
    5. Click the Continue button.
    6. Tick the Restore from the backup of: tickbox and select your iPhone from the drop
    down list.
    7. Click the Continue button.
    8. Your iPhone is now unlocked and has been restored, however you will need to Sync
    the iPhone with iTunes to re add all your media to the iPhone.

I have my new 3G sim card from O2, but the phone still isnt working... any ideas ??

Was the email just instructions or did it say the unlock was ready. Usually it can take anything between 2 and 14 days to complete

Try syncing it with the o2 sim card and see what it says

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭sandt

Can the iphone 4s be unlocked? Does it have to be on a specific FW / baseband?

I'm looking to get one in the north so probably it will be on a uk network.

Don't see any mention of the 4s on the 1st page of this thread, maybe a mod could update?

Advertisement