Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

M&S* wrote: »
    Going to ask can I bring in my own laptop anyways, worth a shot.
    You can bring in your own laptop. I am and everyone in my class is too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

You can bring in your own laptop. I am and everyone in my class is too.

Really? :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Oh Gawd, my friend posted a link on my wall "the sexual tension between you and your geography teacher" and he has his geography teacher on fb, who's my english teacher. I replied with 'maybe for you O_____O' and he was like maybe its more english for you ;) and just to kinda get him to go away i was like perhaps ;) :L

THEN MY ENGLISH TEACHER COMMENTED ON IT, i think hes pissed but i cant tell :L
    derp :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

I'll be up 'til 2:30 to collect my sister after a night out :( Red Dead Redemption + boards marathon it is :D

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭AlmightyDublin

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Oh Gawd, my friend posted a link on my wall "the sexual tension between you and your geography teacher" and he has his geography teacher on fb, who's my english teacher. I replied with 'maybe for you O_____O' and he was like maybe its more english for you ;) and just to kinda get him to go away i was like perhaps ;) :L

THEN MY ENGLISH TEACHER COMMENTED ON IT, i think hes pissed but i cant tell :L
    derp :L
    Hahaha thats brilliant! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Your English teacher must be fairly young if he/she is on facebook..?
    Also, isn't there a rule that teachers are not allowed to add students as friends on social networks? That's what our German teacher told us (she's like 23) so she won't add us! :P

subz3r0 wrote: »
    Your English teacher must be fairly young if he/she is on facebook..?
    Also, isn't there a rule that teachers are not allowed to add students as friends on social networks? That's what our German teacher told us (she's like 23) so she won't add us! :P
    Well, he's 42 :P But hes gas, such a nice guy and a good teacher :D I have my maths teacher too, hes even older :L :L

And I dont think so...my English teacher only adds 6th years but my maths teacher adds anyone :P Pretty sure schools can ban it, but how could they even enforce that :rolleyes: its helpful coz i sometimes ask them for help over fb, haha :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Well, he's 42 :P But hes gas, such a nice guy and a good teacher :D I have my maths teacher too, hes even older :L :L

And I dont think so...my English teacher only adds 6th years but my maths teacher adds anyone :P Pretty sure schools can ban it, but how could they even enforce that :rolleyes: its helpful coz i sometimes ask them for help over fb, haha :pac:

I added a sub once, didn't go down well.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Decent night out. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

So how much practice is everyone doing for the music practicals? :)

I've been doing a bit, like an hourish a day. But it's not enough :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Good night out , the G refused us in though. I left early though it felt too stuffy inside and my feet were killing me.
    I won't be out now until one more birthday which is the end of April. I won't be drinking much. I don't want to drink too close to the exams.

It's getting weird how it's the last week of easter holidays then we're back and before we know the LC starts, the weeks really fly in.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭SlyBacon93

Does anyone else think 6th year absolutely few by?

^ YES :(

Love how everyones trying to be so patriotic about the rising when it started on Easter Monday. I hate history and I even realize that :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭SlyBacon93

I wonder will any sort of national celebration take place on Easter Monday 2016

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

All ye guys who do OL Irish :P How possible do you think it would be to get an A2? I literally have never done a tap for Irish but think it's time I copped on and put some work into it! I got a B2 in the Mock with no effort at all (excluding an oral). What's the best way to go about studying?

http://examinations.ie/archive/examiners_reports/LC_History_2011_Chief_Examiners_Report.pdf
    Wow those marks are low! I'll be one of 'em this august :pac:

All ye guys who do OL Irish :P How possible do you think it would be to get an A2? I literally have never done a tap for Irish but think it's time I copped on and put some work into it! I got a B2 in the Mock with no effort at all (excluding an oral). What's the best way to go about studying?

Study for the oral now, it's worth 40%. Know enough phrases/vocab to have a general chit chat about yourself, family, school, 3rd level etc. Then know how to read poems, very handy 35 marks, know relevant verbs and nouns for Sraith Pictuir and you should be graand :)
    For the written I don't really have any best way to go about it :P Just learn the stuff best you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭snoreborewhore

Nothing better than finally getting the shift since your boyfriend broke up with you in November :D (that said, last night was very, very messy..)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Did anyone get any study done today? or is everyone having a day off?

Did anyone get any study done today? or is everyone having a day off?

Studied my Physics experiments, did exam questions on them, thats about it :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Got some really really bad news. All I want is the boyfriend to be here but instead he's going out with his friends, to the exact same place they went out last night. He also went out with them Thursday and Friday night. Fml.

Lads am I selfish to want him for one night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Said I wasn't going to study today but I got so bored I'm now doing sraith pictiurs...only six left to do next week now \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Siobhnk wrote: »
    Got some really really bad news. All I want is the boyfriend to be here but instead he's going out with his friends, to the exact same place they went out last night. He also went out with them Thursday and Friday night. Fml.

I thought that's what relationships are about:confused:
    Reasonable thing to want, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Nothing better than finally getting the shift since your boyfriend broke up with you in November :D (that said, last night was very, very messy..)

That's a long dry spell. :L Though that said I'm probably quite a bit too...liberal when it comes to the shift.

Got back with my boyfriend a few days ago. I'm happy about it, but I'm not sure if I'll end up going crazy and breaking up with him again.

finality wrote: »
    That's a long dry spell. :L Though that said I'm probably quite a bit too...liberal when it comes to the shift.
    Can you be too liberal when it comes to the shift? :cool:

Siobhnk wrote: »

Of course not, imo. A lot of lads have this cliché ''bros before hoes'' attitude so maybe his mates are giving him a bitta stick if he chooses you over them when they had plans to go out or whatever.
    Just persuade him better, maybe offer him something in return. Yno.. :p :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

offer him something in return. Yno.. :p :rolleyes:

Financial guidance?:rolleyes:

Eathrin wrote: »
    Financial guidance?:rolleyes:

Well, my sentence was more open to interpretation than LC Poetry, so yeah whatever works I guess :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Can you be too liberal when it comes to the shift? :cool:

Haha I suppose not, I was young and naive when I said that. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

Well, my sentence was more open to interpretation than LC Poetry, so yeah whatever works I guess :P

Well my interpretation was starkly different to that of Eathrin....

8==3

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement