Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

god ebay auctions are so rigged, fufufu.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,946 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

This game is absolute gold!

198758.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,946 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Being a bellend to women, Legend of Dragoon style:

198759.jpg

198760.jpg

198761.jpg

I've even more if people want to see them tomorrow?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Given the talk about how to get a bit of jiggy jiggy with a girl using Duke Nukem phrases, I wonder how far one would get with a Legend of Dragoon script... a smack in the puss I'd say.
    The "receive your fist" sounds a tad uncomfortable mind, unless the Master has really small hands....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Another one bites the dust! Peats closing down or possible already closed.
    It's gone into liquidation :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Already closed.

Didn't realise they had 11 branches. Guess they over reached.

Got my Gameboy there almost exactly 21 years ago.

Amazed they lasted that long. They were always silly expensive, although saying that I got my PSU for my neo geo from them the other day.

They were silly to move more and more away from doing electrical parts though. As they did tend to be cheap than Maplin on that stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,602 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Jaysus, at this rate there won't be such thing as a walk in store for electronics in a few years.

Not that I bought anything in them, but they're nice to browse!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

o1s1n wrote: »
    Jaysus, at this rate there won't be such thing as a walk in store for electronics in a few years.

Not that I bought anything in them, but they're nice to browse!

That's the problem. If you happen to be down that part of town then yeah, nice to go in and have a look about, see how much a 50" HD TV goes for these days but hardly ever buy anything from them. Far too expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

DinoRex wrote: »
    Already closed.

Didn't realise they had 11 branches. Guess they over reached charged.

Fixed.

Obviously no place for pre-recession pricing. The store was always crazy expensive.

How is Mr. Calculator doing these days?

Probably still has a US copy of SF2 Turbo in the window for 120 euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,602 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

But didn't you know, sun bleaching increases the value.

It's rare.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

I thought Mr. Calculator was long gone. Remember you could get Japanese Pokemon cards there, everyone in my school must have called into him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,784 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Seems the rage are asking for photos of collections on their facebook. I already recognised one album that got put up :P

http://www.facebook.com/RageDublin

Seems the rage are asking for photos of collections on their facebook. I already recognised one album that got put up :P

Pity they can't put their own up :rolleyes::p

Edit - at least now their FB is public, I couldn't see it a while ago as you had to have an account.

Atavans ultimate girl

i-play-retro-games-playstation-2-thumb.jpg

C6YMQ.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Photos are so pre-Kodak bankruptcy. Panorama's are where it's at. :D

DING DONG!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭Doge

I thought I'd have difficulty figuring out who but the username made it too obvious!

And I always thought he named himself after the Neo-Geo! ;)

Just like how I thought Mr. Saturn named himself after the Sega Saturn. :/

EnterNow wrote: »
    Pity they can't put their own up :rolleyes::p

:pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

haha im guessing its me then.. i seen the post and happened to be in picasa as well at the time..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,784 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Just tried my DC with vga box to my tv and its saying "out of range"

bollox!

Sorry Sparks, there's more.

These two pieces of dialogue actually follow each other:

198882.jpg

198883.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Hey!
    Is there much if any customs charge on games from Japan? 3-4 Saturn games

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It really looks like the localisation team were taking the michael with the scripting for LoD!
    Priceless....
    So, given how much you hate the game, why have you got a copy? And why are you playing it through? If you suddenly change your mind on the games standing is it fair to assume you will have fallen under the influence of alien pods? Or Nambla?

• Advertisement

Must be method acting.

I can only assume he's lowering his IQ in preparation for the part he's doing in his play this week.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement