Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

o1s1n wrote: »
    Does this annoy anyone else?
    'Sega Dreamcast White Console (PAL)'

I KNOW WHAT COLOUR IT IS, THERE'S A BLOODY PICTURE! AND YOU KNOW WHAT ELSE? THAT'S THE ONLY COLOUR THE DAMN CONSOLE WAS RELEASED IN!!!!

/breathes

My Black DC begs to differ :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Now that my Shump buying frenzy is almost sated, I think I should pause and try to find the time to actually play some of them!
    Just want Zero Wing and the Namco stick and I'm done.
    Actually, in this strange vertically scrolling journey, I found that I have arcade sticks for everything except the ps and PS2, and that I have no vert Shumps for the Snes, I do have Rtype 3 and Super Parodius but little else, any recommendations?
    And anyone know when they started including a Tate mode in vert shumps? I found it in Raiden Project and the Capcom Collection, on the ps, so any older systems include it? Snes or MD, PC Engine or whatever?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    And anyone know when they started including a Tate mode in vert shumps? I found it in Raiden Project and the Capcom Collection, on the ps, so any older systems include it? Snes or MD, PC Engine or whatever?

I asked the same question recently about PC Engine games and the few I was interested in have no tate mode. The PS1 games are the earliest I know of, no idea about the older machines. Actually does the Vectrex count as a tate monitor? :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

So I have work in the morning and I'm drunk now.

U jelly bro?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

EnterNow wrote: »
    A real life Duke Nukem :D
    534598_3614697647576_1277863976_3590471_1502838989_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

......wheres my phone >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

the last time I got a text like that, Retr0 asked me to bid on the CD-i for him :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Sera wrote: »
    the last time I got a text like that, Retr0 asked me to bid on the CD-i for him :pac:

I like his style :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Sera! Don't be enabling things like that! :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,934 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I've got balls of steel. Throw a bid down on that gameboy would ya?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

He'll be asking you to post abuse on Rages FB page next!

Retr0gamer wrote: »

I've got balls of steel. Throw a bid down on that gameboy would ya?

I can just imagine the romantic texts

"ah bayub, trow a bid on that dere will ya luv? Yer a star!"

• Registered Users Posts: 34,597 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Indeed gamegear_blue_us.jpg

Hahaha! :p

You know what I mean. They're the default colours. If the unit was blue, fair enough, say it's blue as it's unique to the standard ones.

But this, is there seriously any need for it???

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sega-Mega-Drive-Black-pal-9-Games-/270940308273?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3f154d0331

No?

Okay then, I'll just retire to my moany old git corner :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

You're unlucky, I only recently found out that the blue game gear existed :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,934 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Most of those coloured game gears I believe were exclusive to japan.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭Doge

Stealing this one from the Zombie Survival forum.....

9CCPI.jpg

go-to-this-castle-they-said_o_212923.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,198 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I really need to buy one of those car-ridge!

I wanted to try and fine some Easter Eggs, so I headed straight to Japan and found 2.

3 in the google headquarters also!
    Now I'm out of ideas.... :mad:

• Advertisement

Love the Dragon Quest music :)

Love when he says "Blow on the cartridge to fix bugs!" too! :D

I'm silly, I totally forgot about checking out the Easter Eggs / landmarks in the video.

The wonders of the world might have moar.

OMG! OMG! THE STREET VIEW, THE STREET VIEW!

Btw if anyone wants me to shut up, just say so..... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Well Poo, having some issues with my 3DO M2 prototype.
    Not loading discs :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Steve SI wrote: »
    Well Poo, having some issues with my 3DO M2 prototype.
    Not loading discs :mad:

Ouch. Not exactly common hardware to diagnose. Any collector info on the fault?

Ouch. Not exactly common hardware to diagnose. Any collector info on the fault?

Nothing really, as you say not many knocking about.
    I'm letting it cool down a bit as it was kind of extra warm, more so than usual. I've been using it a fair bit today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Steve SI wrote: »
    Nothing really, as you say not many knocking about.
    I'm letting it cool down a bit as it was kind of extra warm, more so than usual. I've been using it a fair bit today.

Are there functional games/demos for it? Or are you coding?

Are there functional games/demos for it? Or are you coding?

Few games and demos, some incomplete stuff as well.

Is D2 there by any chance?

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Is D2 there by any chance?

Yeah, it's just a demo.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement