Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect 3: The Ending(s) [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

^ don't ever play bayonetta so!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I just think Liara had the best progression of any character, bar maybe Garrus. And she was excellent in LotSB.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭fundlebundle

Herrick wrote: »
    You know, I was thinking of a couple of other things that don't make sense at the end.

It's already been asked why was the Normandy in FTL flying away from Earth in the first place, among a few other things.

In my ending, I chose to destroy the Reapers and my Shep lived. But why did the shockwave that destroyed the Reapers and Mass Relays not harm the allied fleet around Earth, but somehow managed to seriously damage the Normandy?

Also if my Shep is on the Citadel, which is in orbit over Earth, how the hell is he waking up in a pile of rubble in London? :confused:

Maybe Shepard ran to the light beam and was beamed back to London before it all went down.

Infact I bet me3 dlc opens with shepard sitting at a bar in London, talking about his miraculous escape from the citadel.
    Shepard: so I unload a clip into the power conduit and bam I'm engulfed in flames and I see this big beam of light just behind the starchild and
    Patron: the what?
    Shepard: the starchild, so anyway I'm running for this light the whole place is going up and
    Patron: what the hell is the starchild
    Shepard : oh it's the all powerful being that controls the reapers.
    Patron: waaiit a minute you mean the reapers have a boss? A child?
    Shepard: yeah, he was the same kid I saw getting killed when the reapers invaded.
    Patron: ....
    Shepard: so I'm running for this light and....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Crap I missed that, cause on my playthrough, I told Liara, Ashley and Miranda that it was still on, and only got Liara in the end, I wanted all three dammit.

Yeah I think they said you can romance some of the love interests at the same time a lot longer in 3 than previous games.

Miranda is my favorite character in the series. A lot would prob disagree. But I love her story. How she is so cold and apparently devoid of all feelings when she is introduced in 2, only to see its a protective front she has put up once Shepard gets to know her. Her loyalty mission and the progression of the romance between her and Shepard shows so much.

Also in ME3, you see how sensitive she really is if you break up with her, she actually cries :( Then if she dies when in Sanctuary after killing her father, she tells Shepard she loves him, although I found it a bit weird they didn't let her say it to him if she was alive though.

I doubt a lot of people would have expected any of that from her initially.

Now if only Bioware will let my Shepard track her down in the DLC, seeing as he promised her he would before the final mission :p I'm gladly take the endings, plotholes and all if my Shepard and Miranda got a nice little reunion :p

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Herrick wrote: »
    Yeah I think they said you can romance some of the love interests at the same time a lot longer in 3 than previous games.

Miranda is my favorite character in the series. A lot would prob disagree. But I love her story. How she is so cold and apparently devoid of all feelings when she is introduced in 2, only to see its a protective front she has put up once Shepard gets to know her. Her loyalty mission and the progression of the romance between her and Shepard shows so much.

Also in ME3, you see how sensitive she really is if you break up with her, she actually cries :( Then if she dies when in Sanctuary after killing her father, she tells Shepard she loves him, although I found it a bit weird they didn't let her say it to him if she was alive though.

I doubt a lot of people would have expected any of that from her initially.

Now if only Bioware will let my Shepard track her down in the DLC, seeing as he promised her he would before the final mission :p I'm gladly take the endings, plotholes and all if my Shepard and Miranda got a nice little reunion :p

When you land on earth you can talk to her. There's some communications guy who has a one of those hologram machines and you can talk to a lot of people through it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

When you land on earth you can talk to her. There's some communications guy who has a one of those hologram machines and you can talk to a lot of people through it.
    ya its one of the few personalised bits depending on choices, i romanced Jack in ME2 and ME3 so she told me to come back cause she wants to get laid and shepards replies i love you too .

Its cool little touches like that which was lacking in the very end ,

My post was worded a little off there.

Yep, thats the bit where he promised he'd come find her once he was finished with the Reapers :p As in he'd find her after the final mission.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Eggy Baby!

I feel sorry for anyone who didn't have Mordin and help the Krogan. His death was probably the best part of the game, if not the series. Absolutely loved it.

"Genophage cured. Krogan free." *smiles* *BAM*

Oh god, oh man.

what quarians looked like

You do if you make the right choices- they look like white people with white eyes and markings on their faces....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

A friend playing it doesn't know the ending. He was saying how much he disliked many of the civilizations in the game, and joked that he was looking forward to joining the reapers at the end. I had to really bite my tongue there.

Man, just watched Mordin's death there and really wish he had survived from ME2. It was some random character instead and no emotional connection.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭seantorious

Eggy Baby! wrote: »
    "Genophage cured. Krogan free." *smiles* *BAM*

Oh god, oh man.

He sang for me before he died, seems theres 2 options. Damn that was sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,419 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Mordin is awesome alright...easily the best character in the game.....
    His deathscene is awesome and even brought a tear to my eye..as for the rest of them...who gives a frak...
    Barring Garrus they all just píssed me off..

Legion's was very good as well.

Actually, i loved all the quests where characters from the previous games turned up. Jack, Miranda, Samara, Kasumi all had great missions. Hell, even Jacob wasn't a total waste of space.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Eggy Baby!

Tali died for me lol it was devastating...

And it was by accident too, a random consequence of my choice to save the Geth. I thought about it for a while afterwards and realised it was just the hubris of the Quarians that got them all killed...made me feel better.....

lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

If your paragon or renegade status is high enough you can get a peaceful resolution between the geth and the quarians.

If your paragon or renegade status is high enough you can get a peaceful resolution between the geth and the quarians.
    I've read that it's down to more factors than just paragon/renegade score, including specific events occurring in previous games.

It must be the rarest thing to happen without having read up or played the game before. Most people would go on that mission before they had the opportunity to raise their alignment scores that high. Funnily the ones most likely to get the option are the people least interested in the Quarian and Geth [delayed the most before undertaking the mission].

I'd a funny feeling something like that(remember the jack\miranda argument after jacks loyalty mission(you needed a high par\ren to not piss off at least 1 of them)) was going to happen sooner or later so tried to get max out of paragon. If not the paragon\renegade thing, i wonder what events\decisions change it.

The only things i can think of are resolving the fight between Tali and Legion after Legions loyalty mission, and recommending a cease fire with the Admirals in the Flotilla, both in ME2.

A few things are supposed to contribute.
    In order to achieve peace between the two races, you need to get 5 to 7 points. These points are based on your ME2 and ME3 decisions. If you have 4 points or below, you cannot achieve peace.

-Rewrote the Heretics (0 points)

-Destroyed the Heretics (+2 points)

-Tali is NOT exiled (+2 points)

-Tali has been exiled/You did not do the Loyalty Mission (0 points)

-Resolved Legion/Tali conflict either using the Paragon or Renegade options (+1 point)

-N7 Mission: Save the Admiral on Rannoch in ME3 (+1 point)

-N7 Mission: Destroy Geth Squadron on Rannoch in ME3 (+1 point)

-Completed Legion's Mission in ME3 (or no peace)

http://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/59270/brokering-peace-between-quarian-and-geth-options-dont-appear

You also need the high paragon/renegade score. If the above is correct then the only thing I was missing was the alignment score.

Whats really fecked up is the difference between backing the geth and brokering the peace, quarians go mad in one, tali's suicide, ships attacking etc and then the peace option has the geth helping them rebuild\colonize even helping them so they won't need the suits anymore. Along with the videos's from legions mission, I've come to the decision Quarians are assholes, except Tali.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Whats really fecked up is the difference between backing the geth and brokering the peace, quarians go mad in one, tali's suicide, ships attacking etc and then the peace option has the geth helping them rebuild\colonize even helping them so they won't need the suits anymore. Along with the videos's from legions mission, I've come to the decision Quarians are assholes, except Tali.

I was absolutely ok with letting the Quarians burn until Tali threw herself off a cliff. That was reload territory.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

I got the Quarians a Geth to make peace, it was completely unplanned and a fluke. The way I approached all 3 games was to do all available side quests before moving on to the main missions, so my character always had max XP/paragon going into a mission. I choose to save the heretics in ME2 thinking it was the paragon route, but obviously it came back at me, but as I had done all the other bits on that list I managed to scrape through.

Zillah wrote: »
    I was absolutely ok with letting the Quarians burn until Tali threw herself off a cliff. That was reload territory.

After the halfassed job of the pic to show a quarian i was tempted to reload and let her jump.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Had to reload the game also after Tali jumped to her death on the first play-through, as she was my love interest from ME2 but I was so disappointed with the photo ( so not worth it ).

Let her jump on the second play-through went for Liara instead:D.

Did anyone at all side with the Quarians against the Geth in that situation?
    For some reason I thought siding with the Geth would be the less popular option - even though the lead-up to the decision shows a lot of things to make you sympathise with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,543 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Was beaming I was able to get the quarians and geth to find peace. Even though I wanted to side with tali about a few things I just felt were wrong and then she said she was glad i did what I did.

What did ye do to make tali jump off a cliff?

If you side with the Geth the fleet is destroyed and that's how she reacts.

For some reason I thought siding with the Geth would be the less popular option - even though the lead-up to the decision shows a lot of things to make you sympathise with them.

I had intended to make peace between them, simply to have the best possible fleet. But I never destroyed the Geth fighter squadron base beforehand so I didn't get the option I thought would come up and to my horror the entire Quarian fleet was destroyed, along with having to watch Tali jump of a cliff.

I always said to myself if it came down to it I'd always pick the Quarians over the Geth. Self aware or not, at the end of the day their only a bunch of tin cans.

I reloaded and let the Geth die. I knew I was gonna pick the destroy option in the games end anyway so letting them live wasn't gonna make much of a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

sink wrote: »
    I got the Quarians a Geth to make peace, it was completely unplanned and a fluke. The way I approached all 3 games was to do all available side quests before moving on to the main missions, so my character always had max XP/paragon going into a mission. I choose to save the heretics in ME2 thinking it was the paragon route, but obviously it came back at me, but as I had done all the other bits on that list I managed to scrape through.

I did all of the side stuff too. What screwed me over was that ME1 and ME2 punish you for not going to an extreme for either Paragon or Renegade. I am nice to my friends and people that help me, and horrible to my enemies and people that get in the way. This means I usually end up 50/50 on Paragon/Renegade, which means I am constantly denied access to the cooler conversation options. Hate your friends or love your enemies, otherwise be doomed to mediocrity! So I wasn't able to stop Tali from getting exiled because the conversation option was greyed out. And I chose to rewrite the heretics so that the Geth would be stronger potential allies against the Reapers.

Despite ticking all of the other boxes I was denied the opportunity for peace in ME3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,419 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I sided with them but I was sorry afterwards...quarians are assholes as horse said :D

Advertisement