Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

when is the omg moment i was supposed to watch out for in torchwood

am near the end of s2

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Went for dinner with my son this evening. Sat across the table from each other, talking about how our days were. It was like having dinner with a mate. I love the fact that he's turning into such a lovely, lovely person but I hate the fact that he's growing up so very fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭aristocat

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Went for dinner with my son this evening. Sat across the table from each other, talking about how our days were. It was like having dinner with a mate. I love the fact that he's turning into such a lovely, lovely person but I hate the fact that he's growing up so very fast.
    Thats really nice. My children now in their early twenties and it has become a completely different relationship. They look after me now! Sometimes I have to remind them who the mother is.:D

aristocat wrote: »
    Thats really nice. My children now in their early twenties and it has become a completely different relationship. They look after me now! Sometimes I have to remind them who the mother is.:D

It was really nice :) I'm in my late 20's and I have an amazing relationship with my mum. I completely understand what you mean, I mother her more than she does me. She's not old but she's obviously older...I like looking out for her, making sure she has everything she needs etc. It probably wrecks her head but I'm still gonna do it cos deep down, I know she likes it:D

It was really nice :) I'm in my late 20's and I have an amazing relationship with my mum. I completely understand what you mean, I mother her more than she does me. She's not old but she's obviously older...I like looking out for her, making sure she has everything she needs etc. It probably wrecks her head but I'm still gonna do it cos deep down, I know she likes it:D
    Awww, so sweet. Yes, you are right, she does like it! It is actually nice to be looked after for a change.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I'm late 20's and very close to my mum...but I am still very much the child, other than being her employer :p I ask her advice on everything, even the most minor things, and I'd be lost without her, she depends on me for nothing except fashion advice and, y'know, a job :pac:

krudler wrote: »
    joints are aching, gah. been a while since this happened to the point where its painful.

Get some glucosamine with chondroitin and a good vit B complex

Acoshla wrote: »
    I'm late 20's and very close to my mum...but I am still very much the child, other than being her employer :p I ask her advice on everything, even the most minor things, and I'd be lost without her, she depends on me for nothing except fashion advice and, y'know, a job :pac:

Oh God I still ask mums advice on pretty much everything, I think I always will:D Don't agree with her half the time but she's awesome for bouncing ideas off

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

im usually the mammy in our relationship in a lot of ways but she is a great mammy in other ways too

right now we're pretty much like housemates except less potential drama

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

bluewolf wrote: »

am near the end of s2

Season 3. Children of Earth. before that it's really just fluff and Captn John and the poodle :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Eviledna wrote: »
    I'm friggin delighted!....

I got the job! :D:D:D

**Hurrah and Happy Dance**

cake2.jpg

Justcoz.;)
    Congrats.

Home made pizza's are delicious, should have made the base a bit thinner, but it's still delicious. Waaaaaaay nicer than any take-away pizza.

Get some glucosamine with chondroitin and a good vit B complex
    I had neuro/spinal surgery in December. At this stage I'm not sure it was worth it. Still have a lot of back pain. My physiotherapist is absolutely the BEST and is giving me exercises which alleviate some of the pain. Would recommend physio without a doubt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

I'm in a lovely mood. I've done all I can for now as far as sorting things out for Paris is concerned, it's a waiting game for the next while. But it feels like I can finally start to get properly excited about it, even if nothing is set in stone. :)

Plus I had a little heart-to-heart with X the other night. It only lasted for about twenty seconds before we got interrupted, but still. I think if we'd been alone we could have talked about things for ages. At least I know now that it won't be weird for me to ask him to meet up for coffee and chats during our study break/the exams, he definitely thinks of me as a friend like :)

And I have ice-cream and an early night in store. Hurrah! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

oh dear god....yer man form cavan on take me out!!

hahahahaha

I had neuro/spinal surgery in December. At this stage I'm not sure it was worth it. Still have a lot of back pain. My physiotherapist is absolutely the BEST and is giving me exercises which alleviate some of the pain. Would recommend physio without a doubt.

Are you allowed to do any exercise outside what the physio set? I had a bad back injury a few years ago. Thankfully I had no need for surgery but I was in a cast for 3 months. I started doing somatic yoga after I got out of the brace (with doctors consent). Have to say, it is amazing. I have full flexibility and movement. I swim most days too:)

Are you allowed to do any exercise outside what the physio set? I had a bad back injury a few years ago. Thankfully I had no need for surgery but I was in a cast for 3 months. I started doing somatic yoga after I got out of the brace (with doctors consent). Have to say, it is amazing. I have full flexibility and movement. I swim most days too:)
    Yes, I hope to do yoga soon. Just a bit early yet. Am glad to hear that it works though. I got the name of a good teacher who I will contact in the next few weeks. Poor you in a cast for so long........I'm sure there must have been some funny (as well as awful!) moments in that?:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Eviledna wrote: »
    I'm friggin delighted!....

I got the job! :D:D:D

**Hurrah and Happy Dance**

Justcoz.;)

Congrats!!
    bluewolf wrote: »

am near the end of s2

How near, I dunno, nothing in that made me go WTF until Children of Men. It's hard to be shocked with everyone shagging everything all the time.

Yes, I hope to do yoga soon. Just a bit early yet. Am glad to hear that it works though. I got the name of a good teacher who I will contact in the next few weeks. Poor you in a cast for so long........I'm sure there must have been some funny (as well as awful!) moments in that?:rolleyes:

Loads of funnies, looked like a transformer but I was just delighted to be able to walk! Was a close call at one stage!! Definitely go for the yoga as soon as you're allowed, it's great for the head as well as the body:)

Loads of funnies, looked like a transformer but I was just delighted to be able to walk! Was a close call at one stage!! Definitely go for the yoga as soon as you're allowed, it's great for the head as well as the body:)
    Yep, head definitely needs looking after!!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

I'm feeling inspired and writing. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I missed my goddamn 5,000th post! :mad:

Acoshla wrote: »
    I missed my goddamn 5,000th post! :mad:

Belated congrats :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Babybuff

Quit my job. mixed feelings of relief and sorrow but also happiness and eager for something new. I'm hungry hungry hungry. Next stop full time ed, I fancy myself as a sports masseuse. Right now though I'm going to open the last few remaining cans and snorkel in for the night by lonesome.

(I'm actually just so happy that I will never have to see that man ever again)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Tonight beer is my friend. Hello beer, long time, no see :D I probably will not like you so much tomorrow, but right now you are my friend :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭MsAllybear

Been gone from here feels like ages but in much better humour than i have been thanks to some good friends cheering me right up, hadnt seen them in months and hadnt told them how i'd been feeling but left them feeling 100% better than when i arrived! :D

amazing how i didnt realise how much i need to see them/talk to them. didnt spend wknd discussing problems, just chatted but really, love them for it!!

Beautiful weather is making me smile too.
    and meeting someone from my "past" and reminiscing was good.

2 of my best friends have gotten engaged this month.

Don't think i've felt this good since I joined boards before xmas! :D
    it's weird!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

Thanks for all the well wishes folks, this thread is just great, so nice that people take the time to be nice to each other, it's gotta be good karma!

And on that note...welcome susie_q! Wow India must be an amazing place to live! Do you find you miss home comforts, food and cosmetics etc?

@Acoshla, I think 5000 is just the start of something wonderful!:D

Jaysus I'm just feckin wrecked tonight. Sleep soon, going surfing for the first time tomorrow! I hope I don't faceplant onto the board or something.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

A lovely break up text. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Babybuff

:(
    I can only comfort you with beer :(

Seriously?!?!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

If they are gonna break up with you via text, they are probably not worthy of you!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement