Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Helloooooo?

Where'd everyone go???

Ohai :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Striploin steak & chips tonight, nyom :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

I think it's a bad idea for me to go food shopping on Fridays.. everything ends up being bought as a "treat" for the weekend.

I have pizza and crisps and chocolate... and oranges and broccoli. I had to balance it somehow... :o

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I am so glad that this week is over!

Only one of my school friends had got married so far, but she and her husband (that sounds so weird!) are both quite churchy. She was just 24, and I thought that was really young! There’s a few other people from my year who have got married, and one that I know of who has had a baby. I find it weird when people ask if I’m going to get engaged soon, I still don’t consider myself grown up :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

I'm friggin delighted!....

I got the job! :D:D:D

**Hurrah and Happy Dance**

cake2.jpg

Justcoz.;)

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Eviledna wrote: »

lolcat73.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Fishie wrote: »
    I find it weird when people ask if I’m going to get engaged soon, I still don’t consider myself grown up :o

I made a comment about walking up the church when I was trying on dresses the last day, my stomach lurched and I nearly gagged, my friend was like "You just scared yourself didn't you" :p
    Eviledna wrote: »

Delighted for you, I will happy dance for you, and will make himself do it too when he gets home. I'm not surprised they hired you though, you'd win anyone over in an interview! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

Strangest day ever. Finished college, well apart from the exams, but I'm finished.

Then on the way home, a guy ran in to the side of my car. :( I'm ok, just a bit shook up, but ok. Pissed off as well. I had indicated to turn right, and was in the process of turning right when all of a sudden there's a bang in to my car. He was coming from behind me and then was trying to say that I'd crossed over in front of him. But I was in front of him and turning right, so even if I had crossed over in front of him, which I'm fairly sure I didn't, I was still in the right. I had been concentrating on whether there were cars coming in the opposite direction, or coming out of the turning, never thought that I'd have to worry about the car coming from behind me.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Fishie wrote: »
    lolcat73.jpg

That's just like my Mouse!!!

That's a cat Lucyfur :p

• Advertisement

Acoshla wrote: »
    That's a cat Lucyfur :p

Duh!!! My haz a kitteh CALLED Mouse :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Hi guys,

Thought I'd jump in and say hi. Loving the idea of a thread just for chats and gossip and whatnot. Just had to remove a giant cockroach from my bathroom - that's my hot gossip today!

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Duh!!! My haz a kitteh CALLED Mouse :D:D:D

I know, it was just too easy :) My cat, kitten and doggy have all spent the day asleep on the couch around me as I work, the dossers. Got the cutest pic of the doggy and kitten asleep though!

I know, it was just too easy :) My cat, kitten and doggy have all spent the day asleep on the couch around me as I work, the dossers. Got the cutest pic of the doggy and kitten asleep though!

Mouse is asleep in my hood. Dog is at my feet looking jealous. Doggie to fat for hood:D:D:D

Welcome to the madhouse SusieQ :)

Thanks Dolorous! I remember you from the food diaries... I also remember you from your amazing pics in 50s style dresses. You have some serious style! Are you planning for a vintage wedding dress? Or is it top secret? :)

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Had a shocking day at work - bad start and the day continue to get worse. Completely depressed by lunchtime, but someone managed to get my head someway out of the hole is was in. Hope to never have to deal with what I dealt with this morning again!

Case for my laptop hard drive came today - will have a brand new 160GB external harddrive later tonight, once I get all the stuff off it, and format it

Susie_Q wrote: »
    Thanks Dolorous! I remember you from the food diaries... I also remember you from your amazing pics in 50s style dresses. You have some serious style! Are you planning for a vintage wedding dress? Or is it top secret? :)

Wow, thanks! :D I love 50s dresses but I'll probably go full-length just this once! Haven't ruled out a nice swing dress for the reception though, much better for dancin' ;) Will definitely have the bridesmaids all 50s'd up though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Hi guys,

Thought I'd jump in and say hi. Loving the idea of a thread just for chats and gossip and whatnot. Just had to remove a giant cockroach from my bathroom - that's my hot gossip today!

......there's cockroaches in Ireland? seriously? I do not like this information

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

new game I got is unplayable,keeps crashing on me :'(

• Advertisement

bubblefett wrote: »

Yes there's cockroaches here :) My mother hates them from when our family owned a hotel in the 60's/70's, when things were generally shabbier and less strict with regards to commercial premises, so they had a big hole in the wall where pipes came through from the hotel shed/storage to the kitchen. Once at night when she went down to the kitchen and walked a few feet in the dark to turn on the light she felt cockroaches crunching under her feet, and when she turned on the light they all scattered in under the units/back out the hole. *shudder*

No no, don't worry, I live in India! Never ever saw cockroaches in all my time in Ireland so no need to fear. I don't mind the roaches so much but am fairly terrified of spiders... was out in a rural area one day doing interviews and was sitting on a mat on the ground, when I got up I looked down and there was a furry hand-sized spider pretty much where my arse has been. WAH!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

The love of my life will be here in under 2 hours. I'm gonna start cooking a special roast chicken dinner for her, I've got 2 bottles of cider I picked up for her too, and tropical sorbet she likes also. We're going to have a good night. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Yes there's cockroaches here :) My mother hates them from when our family owned a hotel in the 60's/70's, when things were generally shabbier and less strict with regards to commercial premises, so they had a big hole in the wall where pipes came through from the hotel shed/storage to the kitchen. Once at night when she went down to the kitchen and walked a few feet in the dark to turn on the light she felt cockroaches crunching under her feet, and when she turned on the light they all scattered in under the units/back out the hole. *shudder*

GAH!!! I hate roaches, one once crawled over my foot in Spain and it scarred me for life.
    No no, don't worry, I live in India! Never ever saw cockroaches in all my time in Ireland so no need to fear. I don't mind the roaches so much but am fairly terrified of spiders... was out in a rural area one day doing interviews and was sitting on a mat on the ground, when I got up I looked down and there was a furry hand-sized spider pretty much where my arse has been. WAH!

Oh god, I hate all creepy crawling things, especially spiders. Would have freaked if I saw that!!
    It's cool you're in India, how long have you been there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

im very proud of myself i got an essay done and another one started! :D

very surprised i didnt freak out with all the work!
    wednesday i had a bit of a panic attack and couldnt breathe because i got so freaked out about stuff that has been piling up! :(

but i think im ok now though i have calmed down!
    i have a triple 21st tonight but i dont think ill bother i am so broke and very sleepy!

anyway Happy Friday loungers! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Lol, the boyfriend made dough for home made pizza's and when is eleven year old sister asked if it'd be long before they were ready he said "the dough is upstairs riding" :D :pac:

Clearly he meant rising.......

im very proud of myself i got an essay done and another one started! :D

very surprised i didnt freak out with all the work!
    wednesday i had a bit of a panic attack and couldnt breathe because i got so freaked out about stuff that has been piling up! :(

My body has decided in the last year that its new way of coping with *even minor* stress is for my breathing to get crap, heart pounds, hands shake, it's very annoying! I used to be so normal, before being bullied at work, now the slightest bit of panic/stress and I'm a mess. Just an hour ago I effed up a work thing, teeny tiny mistake that is easy to repair...my hands were shaking so much a few minutes later cooking dinner that I was taking twice as long!

Oh god, I hate all creepy crawling things, especially spiders. Would have freaked if I saw that!!
    It's cool you're in India, how long have you been there?

Been here about 7 months now - I work for an international NGO and this is my first overseas posting. Love the work and love the country but it can be a very frustrating place to live sometimes. Want to buy a handbag? Please fill out this form in triplicate. Don't have exact change? You can't have that then. Oh you're a foreigner? Then the price is doubled!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

That must be exciting, Suzie Q. Also, welcome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

joints are aching, gah. been a while since this happened to the point where its painful.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement