Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead - Season 2 [AMC - US] *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,070 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Am I the only one who found it strange that Hershell never mentioned the nearby prison, despite his and his family growing up nearby?

I think its not exactly close to the farm, they were driving for quite a while after leaving the spot on the freeway where they had left the stuff for sophia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

Am I the only one who found it strange that Hershell never mentioned the nearby prison, despite his and his family growing up nearby?

why would he mention it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

It was too short! they coulda gave us an double episode finale ...........sorry i'm just greedy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

retalivity wrote: »
    I think its not exactly close to the farm, they were driving for quite a while after leaving the spot on the freeway where they had left the stuff for sophia

Yep Rick said he had been driving in the red for the last hour before they pulled over and god knows how long they were driving before that .

al28283 wrote: »
    why would he mention it?

Lets say he did know about it and it was indeed nearby,the possibility for supplies,guns&ammo,fuel,security would be reason enough to mention it I'd have thought,but i would reckon they've been driving throughout the day and have clocked up good miles....it was night leaving the farm,they all meet up in daylight and then head off,when they stop it's almost nightfall again so in theory they should be a few hundred miles away atleast.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

well if they are that far away I look forward to the explanation for how andrea and michonne turn up on foot in season 3

well if they are that far away I look forward to the explanation for how andrea and michonne turn up on foot in season 3

Jetpacks, obviously

I doubt they've been driving for hundreds of miles, because surely the other cars would start to run low on petrol too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Saw this on Reddit

3odaqj.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Ultimate Ultan

cjmcork wrote: »
    I haven't read the comics, so what's the deal with the hooded dude that rescued Andrea............??

Dudess. She's a great character from the GNs. If you're looking for a strong female in the show, the waits over!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Rant

-I firmly believe the writers are on track to make Lori the most unlikable character ever, she is just unbelievable in this ep , on top of losing track of Carl AGAIN she gives Rick the evil eyes for doing what she had set him on course to do not 4 eps before, it's like the writers are saying ok we need some drama guys (because a zombie herd tearing through the farm isn't enough) so lets have Lori be disgusted with Rick for no good reason , then lets have Carol pile on too while we're at it because Ricks decision not to tell a group of people barely holding it together that essentially there is no hope is clearly not looking out for our best interests.

- T-dawg surviving

/rant

Rave

- The zombie action

- Michonne's introduction

- Rick's speech

- the shot of the Prison

/Rave

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

I reckon T-Dawg will have Donald Draper, Nucky Thompson & Walter White sh*tting themselves come the Emmy Awards!

I reckon T-Dawg will have Donald Draper, Nucky Thompson & Walter White sh*tting themselves come the Emmy Awards!

AAAWWW HELLL NAAWWHH

Of course the prison with its fences would seem alot safer if they hadn't already established ....

THE CLIMBING DEAD

climbingdead.png

But I guess they are kinda hoping people forget about that bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

As many suspected they are all already infected via Jenner, still the question wasn't answered wether being bitten means anything, like if you're bit do you need to be killed?....if you're already infected then death is the trigger, not being bitten.

As i've said it means thy don't need to kill someone if they get bit....

Ye they do have to be killed. We have already seen in season one that being bit causes you to turn. Or at least it cause you to die and then you turn. It causes a fever that burns through you,it basically accelerates death. So ye I wouldn't advise them to allow themselves to get bitten anytime soon! :P

Good episodes but Lori is just a head wrecker,as is Carl. Only a few episodes ago she was basically saying to Rick how dangerous Shane was and that he must be killed,then she goes mad at him for killing Shane in self defense. Bint.

I didnt say it was hundreds of miles for a fact,i said given the timeline in theory driving throughout the day would give the possibilty to be a few hundred miles away,maybe the days in zombieland are shorter I dunno.

and who's to say Andrea & Michonne come walking out of the forest into the group? maybe there's another twist a foot!

No matter, I cant wait for season 3, it'll be a summer of watching S1 & 2 again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

Great episode but why did they go out wasting ammo firing from moving cars ? Billion zombies come across the land and their plan is to waste as much ammo as possible and THEN try to draw them off.

A slow moving car with Carl sitting on top of it would have led them all off down the road. Throw the little bastard off then when ya get far enough.

Personally I'd have been in a car and gone as fast as I possibly could the second I spotted them, it was full of action an all but I thought the entire farm scene rather stupid.

Dont understand Lori's reaction to Rick killing Shane either. Nor do I understand Carol trying to convince Daryl that Rick wasnt up to much. Or Maggie wanting to make a break for it in the middle of the night and leave the others stranded with no gas. It all seemed to come out of nowhere to set Rick up for his "This aint a democracy any more" speech.

And finally a sword !! Thats what ya want in a zombie apocalypse. That hooded character with the zombie pets looks bad ass.

Oh and I'm still a bit pissed that T-Dog and Andrea survived. If ever there was a chance to kill off some dead weight there it was.

Of course the prison with its fences would seem alot safer if they hadn't already established ....

THE CLIMBING DEAD

climbingdead.png

lol They already tried that with last nights 'herd' gathered by the wooden fence to the farm,seems the zombies have lost the ability to climb now!...and I'm sure they'll make the prison gates/fences & walls a little higher for authenticity if nothing else.........jaysus,just thinking,what a way for the prisoners to go,caged up like fresh meat and a herd of hungry guards picking them off one by one (assuming of course that zombie prison guards could open the cells) or are the prisons full of convict zombies that will have died of hunger locked in their cells.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Unreal finale. It reminds me a lot of Lost in that yes, there are some dead wood episodes, but when it cranks up the heat it becomes amazing.

Could Lori's reaction be more at the fact that it was Carl that took out the Zombified-Shane?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

The first half hour was so freaking intense. Edge of your seat stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Yeah, they only drove for a very very long time in several circular directions over at least 24 hours. That prison could be miles away and relatively new so not on older maps.

Climbing a small fence or a ladder is a lot different to climbing a prison wall with guards on the walls.

Could Lori's reaction be more at the fact that it was Carl that took out the Zombified-Shane?

If she was a better mother and didn't let him wander off all the time he would never have been in that situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

He is a kid, they are sneaky and small and it is a Zombie apocalypse and her husband is out missing again so cut her some slack.

That said she is all over the place with her reactions to Rick killing Shane, but then again she is not sure whos baby it is and is not 100% sure Rick is doing the right thing etc.

I think the problem with the characterization in this show is that while sometimes I wouldn't agree with a decision a character would make in the comics I could always understand how they came to it, nothing ever rang false . This was down of course to the fact that Kirkman was sole writer so there was a consistency of vision in how the characters should be portrayed.

The problem in the show is there is no consistency there is no singular vision , there is a writers room pulling characters this way and that, not for logical reasons but to create a false sense of drama where and when needed. I don't know whether its because Kirkman is over enamoured with the paychecks, with the fact that his comic is actually on tv or whether he actually believes the company lines he is trotting out but he needs to stand up more for his material imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

I liked most of the finale except that exchange between Rick and Lori. Two (three?) eps ago she was practically telling Rick to kill Shane, then last week she was telling Shane how hard it must be and that she doesn't know who's baby she's carrying. Total inconsistency in writing (or does the character some deep-seated multiple personality disorder? Methinks not).

As to the Climbing Dead a few posts back - a chain link fence is much easier to climb than a wall. In that ep they were chasing Rick and Glenn, so motivation would have been greater. Also, they'd have been "fresher" - more recently undead, so perhaps more nimble? (Grasping at straws here).

The Z's at the wooden fence last night weren't chasing anything, just bumbling around until they hit the fence, until the sheer weight of numbers broke it down.

Yakuza wrote: »
    I liked most of the finale except that exchange between Rick and Lori. Two (three?) eps ago she was practically telling Rick to kill Shane, then last week she was telling Shane how hard it must be and that she doesn't know who's baby she's carrying. Total inconsistency in writing (or does the character some deep-seated multiple personality disorder? Methinks not).

As to the Climbing Dead a few posts back - a chain link fence is much easier to climb than a wall. In that ep they were chasing Rick and Glenn, so motivation would have been greater. Also, they'd have been "fresher" - more recently undead, so perhaps more nimble? (Grasping at straws here).

The Z's at the wooden fence last night weren't chasing anything, just bumbling around until they hit the fence, until the sheer weight of numbers broke it down.

That's assuming the prison is surrounded by a wall and not a fence as it is in the comics, it's kinda hard to tell from the night time shot of the prison at the end of the episode. Here's the rub tho if it is a wall and not a fence while it may negate the climbing dead snafu from season 1 it could end up robbing the season of any tension if they have an impregnable wall protecting them from zombie herds no matter what their weight in numbers.
    not to mention making the Governers Assault on the place far trickier.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,866 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Great episode. At least they got off that farm! Wish I hadn't the Michonne saving Andrea bit spoiled for me by someone on another board, I think, talking about the preview that was shown at the end of last week's episode. But Andrea did well on her own. Though she was being attacked in an annoying horror movie way of her running and the stumbling zombies still catching up to her.

Hopefully Carol wil be next to go. It's the women(Carol, Lori) who are always against Rick. All the men support him. And T-Dog should've let Lori go.

Jimmy(the guy driving the RV since a lot of people don't know him. :)) didn't need to die. Rick and Carl could've stayed on the roof while he drove off. Instead he goes to the door.

Did have to wonder at the end, with their reaction to the cracking twig and how scared they got, why didn't they just shut up?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

That's assuming the prison is surrounded by a wall and not a fence as it is in the comics, it's kinda hard to tell from the night time shot of the prison at the end of the episode. Here's the rub tho if it is a wall and not a fence while it may negate the climbing dead snafu from season 1 it could end up robbing the season of any tension if they have an impregnable wall protecting them from zombie herds no matter what their weight in numbers.
    not to mention making the Governers Assault on the place far trickier.

From paused HD rip, it looks to be outer and inner chain link fences and then the main building has stone walls. Even if the prison is impregnable, they still would have to get out to forage for food and supplies, so still some scope for tension :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hygro

Great final episode of a great season. I love Sarah Wayne Callies (Lori) so I'll be rooting for her to survive for the remainder of the show!!!

I think that the baby will have the cure in its blood and that's how the show will end :D <SNIP>

With regard to the prison, the fences would me much higher than the average fence, plus there's 2 of them (with a gap in the middle), and they'd more than likely be full of barbed wire, so I doubt any climbers would be getting over them.

Advertisement