Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead - Season 2 [AMC - US] *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

great show, the finale was brilliant, bring on the prison :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Yakuza wrote: »
    From paused HD rip, it looks to be outer and inner chain link fences and then the main building has stone walls. Even if the prison is impregnable, they still would have to get out to forage for food and supplies, so still some scope for tension :)

Well in fairness I didn't think the Prison buildings were gonna be made of wood the question was did it have walls or chain link fences surrounding it , if it is as you say 2 chain link fences then they are likely just counting on no one remembering the CLIMBING DEAD.

As for food and supplies they don't need to forage far as the prison itself is likely well stocked .

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭stealinhorses

That episode was absolutely badass, exactly what the show should have been all the way along. Can't wait for the next season now.

Hopefully they'll make a spin-off series about different ways to kill Lori and Carl.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

Hopefully they'll make a spin-off series about different ways to kill Lori and Carl.

:D:D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Jimmy(the guy driving the RV since a lot of people don't know him. :)) didn't need to die. Rick and Carl could've stayed on the roof while he drove off. Instead he goes to the door.

Idk, not nitpicking, but it seemed he was going towards the back of the RV as the Walker's burst through the door. I don't think anyone would have been dumb enough to open a door in that situation but I could be wrong. In earlier episodes, there is a window above a Toilet and one other spot. I think he was going to help them down. Maybe when Rick saw they were closed, he descended the ladder on the back?

I would have preferred Jimmy lived but, he had feck all lines the whole way through. Same for the other daughter of Herschel. I didn't seem them surviving long. Surprised T-Dawg is still alive.
    I reckon if Merle comes back, he will kill T-Dawg.

• Advertisement

Sorry for double posting but...if Rick doesn't want to lead, I'd vote Darryl. That chap is ****ing badass. Can read a situation very well. Excellent hunting and survival instincts. Deadeye with almost any weapon it seems. Genuinely cares about the group too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Thought they delivered a solid enough finale, even if the main massacre didn't didn't feel terribly tense, imo, possibly because almost all of them became so spot on at head shots?! Anyway...liked Rick's speech at the end as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Maverick91

Who is this Michonne character everyone is talking about? I assume it's the hooded person that saved Andrea. I never read the comic books so I don't have a clue.
    Anyway I thought the season finale was awesome. I'm intrigued by this prison/fortification thing they showed at the end. Should be alot more interesting than the Farm. I wonder how many survivors are in there and if the people are uncivilized. But I can't believe that the black guy Morgan and his son from the first series still haven't come into it. I still think they'll turn up at some point. Anyway i'm gagging for the third series already, can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,831 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

True they were great with the headshots. Of course, they had plenty of chances since they had the infinite ammo cheat turned on. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,551 ✭✭✭✭briany

People are questioning the logic of a lot the actions undertaken in this episode but if the characters in this show took reasonable and sensible action in the times when sh*t hit the fan, there wouldn't have been much to see on the farm hence not much action for the finale, and that applies to 90 percent of all horror.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Of course the prison with its fences would seem alot safer if they hadn't already established ....

THE CLIMBING DEAD

climbingdead.png

But I guess they are kinda hoping people forget about that bit.

Both Robert Kirkman and Glenn Mazarra have been asked in interviews about that scene with the 2 climbing zombies and have said it was a complete cock-up ..... which i suppose is a better answer than trying to say they can climb some things and not others! they just messed up plain and simple. Zombies can't climb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

briany wrote: »
    People are questioning the logic of a lot the actions undertaken in this episode but if the characters in this show took reasonable and sensible action in the times when sh*t hit the fan, there wouldn't have been much to see on the farm hence not much action for the finale, and that applies to 90 percent of all horror.

Plus a point always worth remembering is we're the viewer getting the full picture; the characters just see a herd of zombies coming their way. What they did, i think, is not too illogical, to try kill as many as possible, coral them into an area so a clear escape route became possible.

An example that comes to mind would be 9/11 and the Twin Tower collapse. Looking on from a tv screen in Dublin my instinct was everyone get the hell away from the area. Yet people in the 2nd Tower were initially told to remain calm and where they were.

Sometimes things evolve and change so quickly in a disaster that logic goes out the window. It's easy for us to say conserve your ammo or get in the cars quicker but for the characters they made split-second decisions and IMO did very little that was wildly illogical.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Zombies can't climb.

Eh, they can if the writers make them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,551 ✭✭✭✭briany

Plus a point always worth remembering is we're the viewer getting the full picture; the characters just see a herd of zombies coming their way. What they did, i think, is not too illogical, to try kill as many as possible, coral them into an area so a clear escape route became possible.

An example that comes to mind would be 9/11 and the Twin Tower collapse. Looking on from a tv screen in Dublin my instinct was everyone get the hell away from the area. Yet people in the 2nd Tower were initially told to remain calm and where they were.

Sometimes things evolve and change so quickly in a disaster that logic goes out the window. It's easy for us to say conserve your ammo or get in the cars quicker but for the characters they made split-second decisions and IMO did very little that was wildly illogical.

Because they were reacting almost moment to moment, panicking somewhat, I can see why they did what they did in short period of time but they were essentially winging it. The problem with that is these people have been holed up on a fairly defenseless farm for the 2 or 3 weeks and apparently made no effort toward a focused contingency plan in the event of any kind of attack in spite of the knowledge, from the previous encounter on the highway, that zombie herds were on the move. Instead, they chose to sit around and bicker about things that are relatively trivial in comparison to the zombie apocalypse and that is pretty senseless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

Oh yea, what the **** was the guy in the Rv thinking when he opened the door and got himself ate. That's lazy writing!

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hygro

Was he not parking in front of a door, blocking some walkers from getting out, then going for the roof hatch?

That's how I saw it anyway, maybe I'm wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Hygro wrote: »
    I think that the baby will have the cure in its blood and that's how the show will end :D

Christ, leave the comic spoilers out of this thread please, I though that spoiler was for last night's show, thanks a lot :mad:

I know they took book discussion out of the game of thrones tv thread, same should be done here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

Augmerson wrote: »
    Sorry for double posting but...if Rick doesn't want to lead, I'd vote Darryl. That chap is ****ing badass. Can read a situation very well. Excellent hunting and survival instincts. Deadeye with almost any weapon it seems. Genuinely cares about the group too.

Nahhh he's just making sure Rick stays alive so when he finds Merle they can go 'deliverance' on his country as$!! :D

Daryl is the best character so far,i reckon he'll be impressed with Michonne when they meet up! ........ although I dare say he'll like her pets much.

I read somewhere that she keeps them on chains as a warning to other walkers :confused: I dont get that,can fans of the comics shed any light on this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Adolf Hipster

Don't worry about it, it probably won't happen, the comics don't follow the show extensively.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

EarlERizer wrote: »
    Nahhh he's just making sure Rick stays alive so when he finds Merle they can go 'deliverance' on his country as$!! :D

Daryl is the best character so far,i reckon he'll be impressed with Michonne when they meet up! ........ although I dare say he'll like her pets much.

I read somewhere that she keeps them on chains as a warning to other walkers :confused: I dont get that,can fans of the comics shed any light on this?
    She keeps them to hide her scent.

• Advertisement

ShaneU wrote: »
    Christ, leave the comic spoilers out of this thread please, I though that spoiler was for last night's show, thanks a lot :mad:

I know they took book discussion out of the game of thrones tv thread, same should be done here.

The difference there is that Game of Thrones sticks very close to the source novels whereas Walking dead doesn't , so comic spoilers wont necessarily come to pass .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,453 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Was quite surprised Herschel survived the finale.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

The word 'Spoiler' should be enough of a detterant not to highlight the text if you dont want to know about it,no use crying foul or 'i thought it was for .....' , If you dont want to find out something before seeing it then avoid the spoilers as a rule of thumb.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

EarlERizer wrote: »
    The word 'Spoiler' should be enough of a detterant not to highlight the text if you dont want to know about it,no use crying foul or 'i thought it was for .....' , If you dont want to find out something before seeing it then avoid the spoilers as a rule of thumb.
    This is the television forum, I have watched the latest episode so I shouldn't have to worry about spoilers, that's the rule of thumb. If you want to discuss the comics there's a forum for that

ShaneU wrote: »
    This is the televison thread, I have watched the latest episode so I shouldn't have to worry about spoilers, that's the rule of thumb. If you want to discuss the comics there's a forum for that

Its a spoiler for anybody with any intention of reading the comics alright , but being that this show has diverged from the comics in everything but character name's and locations I wouldn't get too bent out of shape over it , might never happen .

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

What's the story with the helicopter, we've seen it before, yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭Ridley

Hygro wrote: »
    So, has anyone here read the graphic novels (like myself) and think that the show is actually better?

Well I don't. The show has the advantage of correcting things that Kirkman thought were a mistake to do in the book like
    ditching Rick's hand
    or bring in new ways of doing the same idea but the inconsistent characterisations in the show drag it down.

I'm hoping the problems of this season were caused by the switchover from Darabont to Mazzara and things have settled for season three. If Lori, for example, keeps switching her personality there'll be no excuse for it. Other shows don't have this problem.

Is T-Dog still around just so he's there for when Merle resurfaces?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Guys please don't spoil future comic deaths for people watching the TV show. It's not fair to spoil some of the potential surprises coming up (even in spoiler tags). Cheers....

Ridley wrote: »

Is T-Dog still around just so he's there for when Merle resurfaces?

I think so. He doesn't have many lines or camera time, that says dead man walking to me. Wouldn't be terribly sad to see him go but in fairness the character depth is fairly shallow, too much time has been spent fussing about the Lori/Rick/Shane love triangle.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Black Oil wrote: »
    What's the story with the helicopter, we've seen it before, yeah?

i think it was just tying the group of zombies at the farm to the zombies in atlanta when rick saw that helicopter

granted I thought that was a bit ****, im sure there's plenty of other zombies out there they don't have to be old friends but I doubt it actually meant anything other than reminding the viewer of the first ep in atlanta.

Advertisement