Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strava Boards.ie Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

WOOOHOOO :D First in my age group (and the next younger group too!!!) up Stocking Lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

It's great being able to see how good everyone else is in fine detail.

Why isn't there a filter for '42 years olds who were feeling a bit wrecked and shouldn't have had that wine/beer/pizza last night'?

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Kav0777

Many thanks Yi Harr, much obliged

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭bbolger

Cool, I got an "EPIC" suffer score for the Wicklow 200 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭on_the_nickel

6th in overall climbing, 4th in overall distance. Not too shabby! In fairness, it's not all down to me :-p

http://cosmocatalano.com/strava/club_leaders/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,016 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

6th in overall climbing, 4th in overall distance. Not too shabby! In fairness, it's not all down to me :-p

http://cosmocatalano.com/strava/club_leaders/

Strava really should apply some sort of correction to iOS data. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭RO 06

Moved up to joint first on lusk by pass with Beasty and one other.I think Beasty has his name on every segment in North County Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

RO 06 wrote: »
    Moved up to joint first on lusk by pass with Beasty and one other.I think Beasty has his name on every segment in North County Dublin

I suspect he's created most of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Zen0 wrote: »
    Thanks very much Yi Harr. Finally, I can compare my performance to that of other decrepit oul lads!

I'll be in that group then so...

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,558 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Notched up another couple of Noryh County Dublin segments this evening...

The maximum gradient on any segment I've created is 1.3%, and I'm way down that list

In fact, of all those I have created I think I only have KOMs on 4 of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭El Vino

Any Boardsie members exiled in London?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,558 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

RO 06 wrote: »
    Moved up to joint first on lusk by pass with Beasty
    Sorry:o

Don't mean it really - I'll see what I can do about that Rathmore Road segment tomorrow:D

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭seve65

Anybody else joining the cycling challenge for a laugh ?

app.strava.com/challenges/specialized-classic

This guy has got off to a what one might call an energetic start:
    app.strava.com/rides/5251721

and that wasnt his only ride of the day !:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭chakattack

seve65 wrote: »
    Anybody else joining the cycling challenge for a laugh ?

app.strava.com/challenges/specialized-classic

This guy has got off to a what one might call an energetic start:
    app.strava.com/rides/5251721

and that wasnt his only ride of the day !:eek:

Great rolling countryside in Somerset.

Over 32,000m in total or 6 repeats of Howth everyday for a month and a half....Definitely harder than the Festive 500!

To quote from dubbtech.com/2012/03/14/specialized-challenges-us-to-47-days-of-climbing-pain/

• It’s a smidge under 20 vertical miles (19.95 miles).
    • It’s like climbing Mount Everest 3.6 times.
    • Going up, you’d be halfway through the Earth’s stratosphere.
    • You’ll climb the total of all five Spring Classics put together … times three

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭RO 06

Beasty wrote: »
    Sorry:o

Don't mean it really - I'll see what I can do about that Rathmore Road segment tomorrow:D
    I was wondering how long it would be before you tried that. 6 SECONDS well done.
    Oh well suppose i will have to have another go. That was my first attempt on tues night.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭f1000

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

f1000 wrote: »
    Welcome to the dark side :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

A few segments have sprung up on my commuting route.

How can you be KOM when there's no Mountain? Or even a slight gradient? (Rock Road I'm looking at you ;)).

Some really fast times all the same. Impossible to beat in morning traffic with lights etc. That's my excuse anyway.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I've noticed a few segments crop up on my commuting routes as well. Daft because most of them would have at least two sets of traffic lights in them. I just mute them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

daragh_ wrote: »
    A few segments have sprung up on my commuting route.

How can you be KOM when there's no Mountain? Or even a slight gradient? (Rock Road I'm looking at you ;)).

Some really fast times all the same. Impossible to beat in morning traffic with lights etc. [COLOR="Silver"]That's my excuse anyway.[/COLOR]
    I agree with the koh / kom inflation but I set up two flat segments (one each way) at the back of the airport where one could consistently measure "performance " as there's no junction of note for a good few km.
    Kos should be the term for these, and I vote for a c prefix to denote commutes :-)

I don't think the gradient thing is a problem. TT courses, for instance, are useful to have in, although they're usually out and back or somewhat of a loop which removes excessive wind influence.

Also, I have three KOMs in the Phoenix Park which you can take from my cold dead hand. :pac:

Segments with traffic lights are a bit silly though.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Lumen wrote: »
    Segments with traffic lights are a bit silly though.
    You can flag certain segments as potentially dangerous, which is what I'd be inclined to do when a segment has been set up with traffic lights.

For example, someone has created an "up the Rathgar Road" segment which is about putting in the best time from Rathmines to Rathgar. Even without the traffic lights bang in the middle, putting your head down and TTing this stretch is a recipe for disaster cos there's traffic constantly turning on and off the road.

Although I do like that someone has created a segment for the Templeogue road, giving me the second fastest time. I even remember the day. I'll never get it any faster though unless I decide to take the road bike to work again. Or unless I get a 50km/h easterly tailwind.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,056 ✭✭✭buffalo

I had one of my segments - Knockmaroon Hill, http://app.strava.com/segments/714676 - marked as hazardous by someone. Going uphill, no traffic lights, part of my regular spins when I lived out that way. Were one of ye jealous of my KOM on it?

buffalo wrote: »
    I had one of my segments - Knockmaroon Hill, http://app.strava.com/segments/714676 - marked as hazardous by someone. Going uphill, no traffic lights, part of my regular spins when I lived out that way. Were one of ye jealous of my KOM on it?

I noticed that and reported it to try and get it unmarked. I haven't checked back recently, but I've heard nothing.

Did you do better than 1:16 on it?

http://app.strava.com/segments/714676

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I just reported it as non-hazardous. Maybe if enough of us do it, they'll pay attention. I'm pretty sure there's no lights on Knockmaroon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,056 ✭✭✭buffalo

Lumen wrote: »
    I noticed that and reported it to try and get it unmarked. I haven't checked back recently, but I've heard nothing.

Did you do better than 1:16 on it?

http://app.strava.com/segments/714676

I flagged it as non-hazardous about a week ago as well. I have 1.15. :p

Will it let you superimpose a new segment?

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭f1000

CramCycle wrote: »
    Welcome to the dark side :pac:

Cheers CramCycle.

Won't be challenging for any KOM's but will be able to notch up a few Km's here n' there. Started using Strava at the start of the year and have done just under 1,100k & 4,500m.

• Advertisement

4600 meters climbing not in the alps or pyrenees or some other moutainous place.

app.strava.com/rides/5389979#

jesus wept :eek:

Advertisement