Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strava Boards.ie Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

Anybody any idea what to do about an uploaded ride not appearing on dashboard. Its after just vanishing but todays uploaded normal. Thanks

Have yet to receive my Garmin, but I presume its possible to store a copy of each file on your computer, so that in the event of something like this happening, that you can just re upload from your computer?

I'm new to this forum and new to cycling, so trying to learn as I go myself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭C3PO

Here is a nice little ranking page for within the Boards.ie club:
    http://cosmocatalano.com/strava/club_leaders/329/

Jeysus I'm 5th .... what are the rest of you lot at?

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Dubba

25th in climbing - I'm not a big fan of the hills, prefer fast & flatish.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

#15 in climbing. (Was #14 this morning!) waaaaaaay down in everything else :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Just joined as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Dubba

AstraMonti wrote: »
    Just joined as well.

Thats 114 members now :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

I'll be joining up next week when I get my bike sorted! Loooong road ahead for me unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

That leaderboard site is really cool, bring on the beginning of a fresh month next Thursday :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭clod71

just joined. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Rofo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

Rofo wrote: »

It couldn't handle the levels of sheer awesomeness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Rofo

daragh_ wrote: »
    It couldn't handle the levels of sheer awesomeness.

I was afraid of that...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

Just joined, seems addictive!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

SomeFool wrote: »
    Just joined, seems it is addictive!

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭dvntie

CramCycle wrote: »
    SomeFool wrote: »
    Just joined, seems it is addictive!

FYP
    It sure is even created my own segments too

• Registered Users Posts: 24,470 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

dvntie wrote: »
    It sure is even created my own segments too

Don't forget to have one the ends in your living room, that way you can have at least one KOM that's untouchable :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭ryan_sherlock

On Strava segment creation, one of my buddies wrote a post about it a while ago... A few simple things that helps to create good quality and safe segments... (i.e. if there is a descent segment, don't stop it right at the T junction, stop it back a bit so no one will be tempted to drill it to the line).

His post is here: http://djconnel.blogspot.com/2011/08/strava-segment-creation-suggestions.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

Can anyone just join these Strava clubs? I'm out on the bike with a Garmin, but I wouldn't normally be doing too much climbing, just looking to put miles down while in the saddle, although I did go up Howth Hill for the first time a couple of weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭seve65

Can anyone just join these Strava clubs? I'm out on the bike with a Garmin, but I wouldn't normally be doing too much climbing, just looking to put miles down while in the saddle, although I did go up Howth Hill for the first time a couple of weeks ago.

Absolutely, you dont need to be in a Strava club though to start logging or hittting segments etc in Strava. I think you can join any club though, boards.ie being the best :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

Great. I've joined now and will see if I can get some activities uploaded this evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Plastik

So, the details of the new challenge ...
    strava wrote:
    Gear up for some serious climbing to celebrate (and suffer) the Spring Classics.

Riders, do you think you can climb the cumulative elevation of five Spring Classics in 45 days? Do you think you can do it not just once, not twice, but three times? Now is your time to find out. Specialized and Strava challenge you to climb a grand total of 105,312 feet from March 15 to April 30.
    The Classic courses may be better known for their distances or questionable pavement, but here are the cold, hard, climbing facts:

Milan-San Remo - 6,260 feet
    Tour of Flanders - 5,709 feet
    Paris-Roubaix - 3,259 feet
    Liège–Bastogne–Liège - 10,883 feet
    Amstel Gold - 8,993 feet

Do you have what it takes? If so, a custom Specialized and Strava commemorative water bottle and surprise finisher gift is yours if you can climb this set of Spring Classics three times, not to mention the gargantuan bragging rights you’ll earn. This challenge is going to take some serious guts, but you'll get some serious glory. Good luck to all!

32,000m climbing in 45 days! I certainly won't be hitting that target!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

a custom Specialized and Strava commemorative water bottle and surprise finisher gift is yours
    All that climbing for a...................water bottle ??!! :eek: they're taking the piss :pac:, or is there a missing word there:
    a custom Specialized bike
    !

Anyways I looked up my 'climbing' for last year (365days), and it was 63,000m, so............to do it in 45 days, I think I'll rent a caravan and move to Ballyduff !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

Plastik wrote: »
    So, the details of the new challenge ...

Eh, the target is 3x that.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

RT66 wrote: »
    Eh, the target is 3x that.. :D

No, Plastik is correct, 105,312 feet = 32,099 metres.

Haven't a hope myself, but that's the target.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Thats a up and over Sally Gap and back again every day give or take a bit!

Mr Sherlock can be our representative!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

jimm wrote: »
    No, Plastik is correct, 105,312 feet = 32,099 metres.

Haven't a hope myself, but that's the target.

Missed the feet to meters thing. Still won't be anywhere near doing it of course... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Plastik wrote: »
    It's doable. 1,250m per spin, 4 spins per week with a fifth spin every second week, will give you 33,750m of climbing.

A good well-planned 4 hour spin through Wicklow will get you 1250m of climbing.

Of course when I say "doable", I mean, "If you have no job and nothing to do but ride and recover".

• Registered Users Posts: 31,010 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

seamus wrote: »
    It's doable. 1,250m per spin, 4 spins per week with a fifth spin every second week, will give you 33,750m of climbing.

A good well-planned 4 hour spin through Wicklow will get you 1250m of climbing.

Of course when I say "doable", I mean, "If you have no job and nothing to do but ride and recover".

15km a day doing repeats of a 10% hill. Easy peasy.

You just need to live on that hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Inquitus wrote: »
    Mr Sherlock can be our representative!

Indeed he can, it's just 10 repeats of this route and he's sorted ;)

/ouch, ^^ that looks painful :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Lumen wrote: »
    15km a day doing repeats of a 10% hill. Easy peasy.

You just need to live on that hill.

Or just climb Mont Ventoux every second day......tis cake for sure :p

Advertisement