Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

I've been doing acupuncture - 4 sessions so far, and it aint cheap! I am going to give it up for a while because it's actually making me exhausted.

Just back from gynae, she said I started Clomid too late. Have to wait now til my next cycle starts and go for more blood tests and scans and can't take Clomid til the cycle after that. Grrrr.

As in you took it too late in your cycle? I've been told that i take mine for 5days from day2 to day6. I havent bought it yet as i still keep hoping I wont need it. :o

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

bubbaloo wrote: »
    Well ladies and gents - I went to a seminar last night on Nutrition for Fertility and suffice to say, it's all about the Omega 3 Fish Oils, Vitamin D3 and Zinc!
    Get them into you - men and women!!

I am on day 16 and we're doing the deed like nobody's business! ;)
    I had acupuncture twice this month and I'm back on the drug that helped me to conceive my little boy so feeling a lot more positive about things. No doubt, the 2WW will drive me crazy and I'll be on here, symptom spotting, only to be disappointed at the end of it! But we can only try! :)
    Good luck to all.

I have a great way of boosting the omegas - you'll need it anyway when you get pregnant to help develop babys brain and stop you from getting baby brain - and its wayyy nicer than manky fish oils. ick!

1 part sunflower seeds
    1 part pumpkin seeds
    1 part sesame seeds
    2 part linseed/flaxseed.

Throw it into a coffee grinder until its in a powdery format, then sprinkle on whatever you like - cereal, porridge, yoghurt, smoothies. Dont add to cooking though - you dont get the same nutritional benefits if its cooked. Its great for children to take too, and tastes nice and nutty. I love it in hazelnut yoghurt.

I've been doing acupuncture - 4 sessions so far, and it aint cheap! I am going to give it up for a while because it's actually making me exhausted.

Just back from gynae, she said I started Clomid too late. Have to wait now til my next cycle starts and go for more blood tests and scans and can't take Clomid til the cycle after that. Grrrr.

Thats such a shame hon - you'd think she would have wrote it on your prescription - they did on mine, otherwise I'd have forgotton. Its a bummer to get a cancelled cycle, my july one was cancelled, but the august one was the lucky one- sending the vibes your way!

yellow hen wrote: »
    As in you took it too late in your cycle? I've been told that i take mine for 5days from day2 to day6. I havent bought it yet as i still keep hoping I wont need it. :o
    Neyite wrote: »
    Thats such a shame hon - you'd think she would have wrote it on your prescription - they did on mine, otherwise I'd have forgotton. Its a bummer to get a cancelled cycle, my july one was cancelled, but the august one was the lucky one- sending the vibes your way!

Yeh, I took it days 5-9 - which is what the other doctor told me to take but the gynae said today that that is very late. Oh well!

I did the same YH, kept hoping I wouldn't need to do anything, thinking it would all come right!

I'm not going to even bother "trying" this month just to give myself a break from the counting!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

It's sucky the acupuncture isn't working for you whoopsa :( I find it really relaxing.

+1 on Neyites seedy combo ;) I had it on a vanilla yoghurt this morning and I'm eating it right now on a blueberry yoghurt, it is nommy:D

I had all my vitamin levels tested - my zinc is grand but I'm taking B complex, B6, magnesium, vitamin D and pure fish oils. I'm only on them a week and already my energy levels have improved so much. I've packed in sugar completely and it's done wonders for my mood.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

no sign of ovulation for me either. Hope it's not an annovulatory cycle. I think my first cycle after my last m/c was annov :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

no sign of ovulation for me either. Hope it's not an annovulatory cycle. I think my first cycle after my last m/c was annov :rolleyes:

I've no idea if I did. I never get a really positive result on the p1ssy sticks. The test line is never darker than the control line...the only reason I think I'm ovulating is the 2 pregnancies in the past year...I just presumed I was because of that....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

Hey,
    Long time follower of this forum but rarely post. Just wanted to share that myself and my wife had been ttc for quite some time but after following some advice here we got the result we were hoping for and are now expecting our first child! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Goodne

Hi girls, can anyone tell me if iui is available as a public patient or do you have to go private?

That's great news EP, congratulations.

I'm cd25 now. Usual period symptoms are there. I don't feel any different so not holding out any hope. Hate this waiting!

Goodne wrote: »
    Hi girls, can anyone tell me if iui is available as a public patient or do you have to go private?

Hi Goodne, I think most treatments are available publicly but there'll be a long waiting list. I'd say also that there's propably strict criteria for IUI and such e.g. you probably need to be over 35 and be trying over 5 years to get any sort of prioritisation. Your GP would be the best person to ask, or maybe check one of the maternity hospital websites to see if it's mentioned. :)

AFM, I'm on CD 20 and not a dickiebird of ovulation. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

I'm still waiting on full AF, have had the beginnings of it the last few days but that's it? CD30 now.

How's everyone else doing?

Okay, did one of those One step hpts earlier and immediately got one line so negative. Popped it in the bin.....for some reason decided to fish it out of the bin just there and there is a very faint second line!! Just did another test there and waiting the ten minutes, can see a really faint second line, eek eek eek?!! Should I do a clear blue??!

Okay, did one of those One step hpts earlier and immediately got one line so negative. Popped it in the bin.....for some reason decided to fish it out of the bin just there and there is a very faint second line!! Just did another test there and waiting the ten minutes, can see a really faint second line, eek eek eek?!! Should I do a clear blue??!

Congrats!!!! :D:D:D

A line is a line!!!

Thanks Lucyfur, I'm going to wait for hubbie to come home to do another test. Bless him he was out cycling and I rang him and was like "Honey....remember that test that we thought was negative...." I'd say he'll be like Lance Armstrong cycling back home!!

Tis all very scary at the moment tbh......but excited too!

Aaah...cognrats funksoulsista!!!!! Let us know how the clearblue goes!!!! am delighted for you :D:D

Jees girls, I have just had a rotten weekend. I went out on Friday night and I think between not eating enough and generally just needing to forget about things, I got absolutely blotto! I died a death yest so I am now off alcohol indefinitely. Today, I still feel exhausted and generally nauseaus ( sorry for spelling!). I cant explain, I just feel like crap. I am praying that this is more than a two day hangover...have totally gotten my hopes up now. Am only 7dpo but prob due my period on Wed or Thurs as I have a very short LP. Please keep fingers crossed for me.:o

Okay, its confirmed by the clear blue! I'm approx 4 weeks gone, really cant believe it, we were nervous wrecks waiting for the result to pop up. I don't think hubbie believed it until he saw!!

I know how lucky we are based on all your stories so we feel really blessed.

Okay, its confirmed by the clear blue! I'm approx 4 weeks gone, really cant believe it, we were nervous wrecks waiting for the result to pop up. I don't think hubbie believed it until he saw!!

Ah congrats. It must be the nicest feeling in the world!!! Enjoy it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Huge congrats!!

EEP!!!!

and Yahoo!!!

:D:D:D

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I love it when this thread gets a positive!!!

Congrats FunkSoulMomma :D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Custard Cream

FunkSoulSista - brilliant, brilliant, brilliant!!!! I love when somebody gets a positive on this thread:D Spread some of that baby dust missus. Around the 20th / 21st of the month would be good:D

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Custard Cream

How are you getting on with the monitor YellowHen? I got myself very annoyed with it last month. I've kind of worked out that my average cycle is 30 days so I think I'll just use the monitor as a guide and use my own "body" indicators this month. We are off for the Bank Holiday weekend so I reckon when we get back from a that we will get busy;)

How are you getting on with the monitor YellowHen? I got myself very annoyed with it last month. I've kind of worked out that my average cycle is 30 days so I think I'll just use the monitor as a guide and use my own "body" indicators this month. We are off for the Bank Holiday weekend so I reckon when we get back from a that we will get busy;)
    Yeah it's been working ok. I seem to consistently ov around cd18/19. The 3hr window caused me to miss my sticks on two occasions. I usually do it around 7am midweek and tried to use the sticks around 10am one sat and the monitor wouldn't accept them.

I'm cd27 now. I can't explain but I feel different somehow. I'm sfraid to thinking could be pregnant as I will end up being devastated when AF arrives. What about u?

Thanks for the well wishes everyone. We got a reality check today when went to doc, very faint line on her test and as I had a bit of light spotting last week (like at the very beginning of your period) there's a chance the egg didn't take. She said pregnancy tests are nearly too advanced these days, years ago women may have had an unsuccessful implantation and would be none the wiser, just having a weird period.

I've to go back again Wednesday with a sample and they'll test again. It's amazing how quickly you can get carried away, start thinking ahead etc. Were obviously still hopeful but today brought us down to reality.

I'm still positive though, baby dust for all including me hopefully!!

Fss, last week's spotting was very likely an implantation bleed. Docs tests are always a little less sensitive than the likes of the clear blue and if it wasn't your first piddle of the day then even less so. I still think you're pregnant sooo CONGRATULATIONS!!

I'm feckin raging. I thought I had used all my ovulation sticks and was also taking a break from ttc this month but I found a packet of them and did one this morning and it came up positive. But the hubby is away until Friday :( I guess it's too much to ask that there could be a few swimmers hanging around since the weekend!!!! Ah balls. Anyway on the upside I'm ovulating \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Fingers crossed for you Funksoulsista x

of FSS, you poor thing. Fingers crossed it was only an implantation bleed and the docs test will be positive when you return. It's incredible to think that the worry and anxiety just keeps on coming...everytime you think you've crossed a hurdle :mad: Fingers crossed for you anyways pet.

We got my husbands SA back yest and everything was normal, thank god. We sort of knew it was but just in case! CD28 here, sort of sore around my ovaries but then i think I get temporary blood ovarian cysts alot of the time so that can explain the discomfort. What I think felt 'different' the other day now just feels like every other month. I think AF will arrive as normal this month :( I'm not testing beforehand anyways as I cant handle the dissappointment of seeing the negative stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Oh FSS, that's put an awful downer on things for you. Fingers crossed that it was just an implantation bleed. Try to stay focsued on the positive!

AFM, I am in the first week of the 2WW. I haven't gone too crazy yet but no doubt next week will see me symptom spotting like a mad woman! I'm not feeling anything anyway so not holding out any hope for this month.
    Waiting for my cousin and my friend to have their babies this week so that will be exciting but will probably make me feel a bit sad too! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭meggysmom

Hello all,can I please join in on the thread.Just a little info on myself.I am 31 and have a 3 year old little girl.We have been ttc #2 since dec 2010.I had a lap and dye plus d&c on feb 6th 2012.Found 2 spots endo one on plevic wall one on right ovary plus 4cm cyst on right ovary and right ovary was glued to pelvic wall.Dye passed freely throught the tubes although a little fluid came out first which doc said they would expect.Anyone else have this and what did your doc say?
    Anyway I got my period 2 days earlier after the surgary which was great as could get cycle back to normal quick.We did try this cycle although ovulation happened 2 weeks after surgary and although we tried it was not very comfortable for me.Had my post op and doc said I should not have tried this month and let myself have one cycle 1st-oops.Anyway af due tomorrow and I feel her coming on!!Last night my OH was away working and I was thinking about the fact that again we were going to have a negative month.I had calmed myself down and told myself it's only one month since surgary and to not expect it straight away.Then I got a phonecall saying my sister in law just found out she was pregnant.I am delighted for her.Her son is almost 3 and she is a few years older than me and it's great.But I have to admit I am feeling guilty this morning as after phonecall I grabbed a box of tissues and had a good cry.Today I'm feeling very down.I think this is the best place for me to vent as I'm sure a lot of you girls will understand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭meggysmom

Hello all,can I please join in on the thread.Just a little info on myself.I am 31 and have a 3 year old little girl.We have been ttc #2 since dec 2010.I had a lap and dye plus d&c on feb 6th 2012.Found 2 spots endo one on plevic wall one on right ovary plus 4cm cyst on right ovary and right ovary was glued to pelvic wall.Dye passed freely throught the tubes although a little fluid came out first which doc said they would expect.Anyone else have this and what did your doc say?
    Anyway I got my period 2 days earlier after the surgary which was great as could get cycle back to normal quick.We did try this cycle although ovulation happened 2 weeks after surgary and although we tried it was not very comfortable for me.Had my post op and doc said I should not have tried this month and let myself have one cycle 1st-oops.Anyway af due tomorrow and I feel her coming on!!Last night my OH was away working and I was thinking about the fact that again we were going to have a negative month.I had calmed myself down and told myself it's only one month since surgary and to not expect it straight away.Then I got a phonecall saying my sister in law just found out she was pregnant.I am delighted for her.Her son is almost 3 and she is a few years older than me and it's great.But I have to admit I am feeling guilty this morning as after phonecall I grabbed a box of tissues and had a good cry.Today I'm feeling very down.I think this is the best place for me to vent as I'm sure a lot of you girls will understand.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement