Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The "Today I did something to my car" thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

mrs crilly wrote: »
    Nct expired today on both the cars so have them both booked in for April, and two nice hotel vouchers as well for booking online, thanking you sir!

How did you swing both cars expiring on the same day? Did you buy them new together??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭Fiona

Jimdagym wrote: »
    How did you swing both cars expiring on the same day? Did you buy them new together??

Oh my bad I just realised the E46 has had no nct since the 17th of this month and not the 28th, christ dunno how I managed to not spot that :o
    Test for that was done on the 31/03/2010

E30 test was done on the 14/11/2010 and it expired today. It had been off the road for nearly a year before I bought it.

Why do they not send you on reminder letters :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Because this is Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

They used to send the letters. At least I definately recieved one before, possibly thats only the first one though.

Actually, come to think I think it now states the NCT expiration date on the tax reminder.

Speaking of which, today I decided against putting the 8er back on the road in March before I get some work done to her - not forking out 500 lids or whatever for 90 days to have it up on blocks...

• Advertisement

E39MSport wrote: »
    Actually, come to think I think it now states the NCT expiration date on the tax reminder.

I have never noticed that before :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Today my third gear went with a horrible bang, them a popping, grinding noise. No more third gear at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

Confab wrote: »
    Today my third gear went with a horrible bang, them a popping, grinding noise. No more third gear at all.

Its over rated anyway.:P

2 --> 4 all the way

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

"If you can't find it, grind it" :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

E39MSport wrote: »
    2 --> 4 all the way
    2 -> 5 has been done more often than I'd like to admit!!! :p

Today my third gear went with a horrible bang, them a popping, grinding noise.

R Kelly doesnt see nothing wrong with a little bit of bump and grind....Really bad ill get my coat. Awaits face palm....

Tea 1000 wrote: »
    2 -> 5 has been done more often than I'd like to admit!!! :p

Its 5 -> 2 that causes the problems....:eek:

mrs crilly wrote: »
    R Kelly doesnt see nothing wrong with a little bit of bump and grind....Really bad ill get my coat. Awaits face palm....

Your facepalm madam...

facepalm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

no harm in playing russian roulette with the timing belt at this stage ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Today I roasted the arse off my car around Mondello, good day was had, it's been too long since I've been on track

420854_10150605962923682_698008681_9421205_415035758_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Christ you're having rotten luck with that Alfa Confab. It hasn't been good to you or your wallet...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,513 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Washed the vRS and replaced all interior bulbs with LED's.. Nice lighting now in it.. Will take a pic tomorrow night

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭JerCotter7

vectra wrote: »
    Washed the vRS and replaced all interior bulbs with LED's.. Nice lighting now in it.. Will take a pic tomorrow night

Do you not fine LED's annoying? They have very little light scatter and if you get a scattered light it doesn't go far enough. Unless you mean in the dash which I find worse so no comment :D

JerCotter7 wrote: »
    Do you not fine LED's annoying? They have very little light scatter and if you get a scattered light it doesn't go far enough. Unless you mean in the dash which I find worse so no comment :D

Roof lights,
    The whole cabin looks well lit up, will take a pic or two tomorrow night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

Got some new wheels today (BBS RS Reps) , and fitted them. Now to get springs or coilovers..

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Today I finished editing a photo of Metzgermeisters Mazda 6 MPS...

I'm sure he'll post it everywhere by the morning :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

vectra wrote: »

Absolutely fantastic mod:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

They work really well with the vrs interior due to it being so dark. They don't look tacky or too bright. I had the same set up in mine and it was excellent.

OSI wrote: »
    Would appreciate seeing some pics. I got LED's for the rear number plate lights and like them, but I kind of like the subtle soft light of the interior lights and would expect the LED's to be too harsh, no? When are the stadium lights going into the boot?

Will post a few pics tonight.

Am looking at getting No. Plate lights as well but believe it is difficult to get them to suit canbus.

As for the boot lights :D
    I live right next door to a Rugby pitch so when they are late night training their Stadium lights light up the boot for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Canbus bulbs are easy to get vectra. Are yours a festoon or 501 type? Ive a spare set of canbus 501s if you want them

Cork airport lights up my boot at night :pac:

Canbus bulbs are easy to get vectra. Are yours a festoon or 501 type? Ive a spare set of canbus 501s if you want them

Cork airport lights up my boot at night :pac:

Festoon on the No. Plates and 501's in the Boot.
    I got my number plate lights from here, they're meant to be CANBUS error free, apparently they just need the right resistor rating or something, they work fine on the GTI for me anyway.

Cool,
    Are the No. Plate ones 39mm ?
    Thanks for the link:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I recently got my car lowered never liked how she sat so high making the wheels look lost in the archs, also spent about 7 hours on Friday gone cleaning every last inch of her, now have her booked in for tints on Friday ive been hmmm and hawwing over the tints for months now still not sure but ill never know for sure till I get it done im hoping it turns out well :o.

Before:
    13042010033.jpg

After:
    IMAG0246.jpg?t=1330519143

Sorry for pic quality taking off phones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Just installed an xcarlink iPod adaptor into a MKV Golf.....easier than I expected

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Is it any good?

Yeah, decent sound quality from it. Can connect any device via an aux in jack, or else there is the iPod/iPhone connection (which also charges the device)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement