Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The "Today I did something to my car" thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Changed my front dims and fogs for H11 Osram Nightbreaker Plus. Took hours in the end to swap as you have to take out the wheel arch liners but the drivers side was a p1ss take it was so hard to get to. My arm and hands are skinned. The standard halogens weren't bad tbh but not a patch on the xenons in the vrs. Still the improvement is welcome and I'm pretty happy with them.

8b34e9a4.jpg
    7f5e6038.jpg

I bought a couple of sets of Phillips W5 LEDs to try out in the number plate lights and door courtesy lights. The door lights come on when the cars unlocked and I was too lazy to go rooting for something to grip them with as they were hot so I left them off until during the week. I did the number plate lights though.

9ad97afe.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

I must do something with my dims they are sh1te.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭Johntegr

Reminds I've a bit of moisture in the High-beams on the DC5 that isn't budging so looks like I'll be opening it up and using the aul cotton wool on a drill trick!

I bought three pairs to have some spares. They were about €35ish from powerbulbs.co.uk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Johntegr wrote: »
    New wiperless bootlid. Debadge, destickered, desomethingelse. Wash. Light wax. Done.

v3k5cx.jpg

Good stuff. You'd never tell its a Honda Integra Type R now at all. Proper stealth :D:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭Johntegr

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Good stuff. You'd never tell its a Honda Integra Type R now at all. Proper stealth :D:p
    Well I was going to leave the spoiler off when I put on the lid but it just doesn't flow right, it looks weird. I'd never paint my brembos and try basterdise some hubcaps onto the alloys. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

Saab Ed wrote: »

Apart from the wheels, brakes, spoiler, colour, badges, seats......

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 15,506 ✭✭✭✭vectra

EPM wrote: »
    Changed my front dims and fogs for H11 Osram Nightbreaker Plus. Took hours in the end to swap as you have to take out the wheel arch liners but the drivers side was a p1ss take it was so hard to get to. My arm and hands are skinned. The standard halogens weren't bad tbh but not a patch on the xenons in the vrs. Still the improvement is welcome and I'm pretty happy with them.

I bought a couple of sets of Phillips W5 LEDs to try out in the number plate lights and door courtesy lights. The door lights come on when the cars unlocked and I was too lazy to go rooting for something to grip them with as they were hot so I left them off until during the week. I did the number plate lights though.

Looking good. Would it have been possible to remove the headlamp units?

Did you get a chance to try the blacklight?

-Corkie- wrote: »
    I must do something with my dims they are sh1te.

HID Kit ?
    Johntegr wrote: »
    Reminds I've a bit of moisture in the High-beams on the DC5 that isn't budging so looks like I'll be opening it up and using the aul cotton wool on a drill trick!

Remove the bulb and get a hold of a hairdryer.

vectra wrote: »
    Looking good. Would it have been possible to remove the headlamp units?

Did you get a chance to try the blacklight?

headlights out seems to be a bumper off job. This was the owners manual method.

Didn't get a chance to shine it up. There was showers here all day and it's filthy again now. Have it in the boot to try out during the week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Oil change on the CMax, bastid of a job.
    Jack up car, put in axle stand, crawl halfway under car, undo 7-ish bolts to remove under engine cover, undo sump nut, which helpfully points towards rear, but no matter, because the oil filter is also at the rear of the engine, undo same, get covered in oil, you need an arm with an extra joint to screw new oil filter in place, redo sump nut, refit under tray and crawl out of engine.
    Everything needs to be done upside down, lying on your back, clearly a car designed to be serviced on a lift.
    Next week: Her MX5, a pleasure to work on, especially since the airfilter is on the driver side of the engine, under the inlet manifold, easy to get at and remove. Still need to go under car to undo sump nut, but not nearly as bad.
    Also, lazy way possible, suck oil out using pump, no need to jack anything up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

Hi,Today I had to top up the oil of my lovely blue 98 colt as it was nearing empty/over the last few weeks car seems to be burning a fair amount of oil,and I've had to top it up every 3 weeks or less...

Its been serviced recently,new plugs/break pads/oil change/filter,so its driving perfect..

I've been told because my car is burning i'll need a new engine?:eek:

How much would I have to pay for a new engine...bit of a shock considering car is flying..:(

• Registered Users Posts: 73,383 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Can't see it being economically viable to put a new engine in a 98 colt.

colm_mcm wrote: »

oh no :(

If it were less 600 i'd love to make the effort in getting it back healthy body of it is immaculate...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭JerCotter7

Maybe it has sentimental value.

I put a lot more into my car than it's worth. Could have had a tattered M3 for less money. But once I'm done the car will be mine. And I will know pretty much everything about the car so it should be an easy fix should any problems arise. I'll never sell it.

Anyway OT: Got my cruise control working today but it still has the same problem it had with the E36 cruise module. It goes WOT then off again. It's like the cog inside slips so it has to open the throttle full again until it slips. It started working for about 10 seconds today and it was nice :) I'll have to open it up next weekend and have and have a peek inside. Wonder how I'll fix the cog though.

Like this. (not my picture)
    teethmising.jpg

if any of you know what I can do to go about addressing this problem it would be appreciated!

How/where i'd get a replacement engine and maybe even a guesstimate to how much....

Topped the oil up today,just to keep on top of it,because as I say the car has really been running 100% :confused:

but i'm guessing it won't for much longer..

try IVI engines.

try IVI engines.

Will do,I appreciate that thanks!,Sorry If i'm taking things of topic,if i can get an engine i will bring it back on topic when the new engine goes in someday soon...:)

Would love to get it sorted great car love it tbh..

if any of you know what I can do to go about addressing this problem it would be appreciated!..............

Keep topping it up, I saw CarLube 10w40 for €20/gallon a few days ago in an auto care shop, weekly check and keep the oil topped up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

try IVI engines.

Spotted a 00 Dark Blue S type going up onto the "Cars for cash" truck today in the Parkway in Lim. You missed out :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Spotted a 00 Dark Blue S type going up onto the "Cars for cash" truck today in the Parkway in Lim. You missed out :pac:

Any chance of a proper pic of your golf with its lovely new paint job??

• Advertisement

Any chance of a proper pic of your golf with its lovely new paint job??

i posted them somewhere already!

422346_10151348489785176_805400175_23360847_914710135_n.jpg

New rubstrips are 160 poxy euro so they old ones are in the shed flatting them selves out.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Wow that's nice! What is the colour called?

Wonder what they gave for it :)

Will you ever stick on those bloody rubbing strips!

Wow that's nice! What is the colour called?

it's actually KSO Grey off an Old Nissan but i dunno what happened to make it that class browny colour. Could be the blue undercoat.

Gonna be selling it soon i'd say.
    Wonder what they gave for it :)

Must of been well under 1k, didn't get a chance to see if it was taxed/tested as it was on the truck when i came back out, joined by a 03 Disco and a 00 206.

My brother went over with his 03 Euro r and they offered him four grand. He did a deal on an S2000 today, though.

Will you ever stick on those bloody rubbing strips!

You give me the 160 poxy euro so!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

lower the front LM.

shblob wrote: »
    lower the front LM.

Would you believe they're 40mm lowering springs! Soon to be about 60mm *cough*

You give me the 160 poxy euro so!

What did you do with the ones that were on it?

• Advertisement

What did you do with the ones that were on it?

Have them in the shed, one of which i primered so i have to de-primer that and flatten them out some how.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement