Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAQ: Unlocking, Jailbreak, Cydia, etc - All discussion goes here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Its untethered you want

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

spider_pig wrote: »
    thanks for that do i turn it off before connecting or leave on

http://www.redmondpie.com/jailbreak-5.0.1-ios-untethered-iphone-4s-ipad-2-using-absinthe-how-to-video-tutorial/

Just follow that bud.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭NeVeR

I just jail broke my iphone 4 - running 5.01 - Got everything done nicely.. But now it's stuck on syncing step 5 of 5 !

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭pbarr

I tried this tonight to see would it work on my 4s but the Jailbreak button stays greyed out. Has anyone else tried it. I think its very new so not many people know about it.
    Link is here: http://bit.ly/Ay4jjT

I had to restore my one via itunes to my back up to get it to stop trying to sync !

But when i try to jailbreak it again it just doesn't work.

When i launch redsnow it trys to install but at the end of stage one I hear that noise at if i plugged in or unplugged the iphone to the PC ( which i'm not ) and then Redsnow shuts down .. this leave my phone blank and I can't turn it on,

When i start Itunes it says it can't detect it or something about being in recovery mode ( i think )

I can restore from the back up .. i tried this twice so far and it's happened the same both times..

I just restored my phone again.. so I might try a 3rd time later,

any ideas what i'm doing wrong ?

( the very 1st time i tried this it worked.. the only reason I restored it was to stop that bloody syncing ! as I couldn't install anything new once it was doing that )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭guil

why did you restore, you can cancel the sync and auto syncing should never stop you installing anything

i couldn't cancel it.. I tried everything.. I searched online and that how people said they fixed it.

just go to preferences in itunes and under devices you can turn off auto sync

ok,, but any idea why redsnow won't work now ?

for some reason it all worked this morning. So I've it all sorted. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭dos30

I've been reading through alot of this forum and others and I can't find a straight answer to this question, hopefully you guys can help.

Is it possible to watch sky go on a Jailbroke Apple Tv2 with a Jailbroke iPad2?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

dos30 wrote: »
    I've been reading through alot of this forum and others and I can't find a straight answer to this question, hopefully you guys can help.

Fairly sure its not. Looked it up before and couldn't find anyone that had so very doubtful.

dos30 wrote: »

My mate has what you do and says you can't.

He says the block you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭Raoul

Not sure if its any help to you. But you can watch skygo on a jailbroken ipad2 anyway.

Raoul wrote: »
    Not sure if its any help to you. But you can watch skygo on a jailbroken ipad2 anyway.

Ya that's what I'm doing at the moment, but would prefer to watch it on a TV.
    Looks like I'll have to get a cable so and go directly from the ipad to the tv.:(

How much are the cables? 39 euro? I might be interested in getting one too.

Raoul wrote: »
    How much are the cables? 39 euro? I might be interested in getting one too.

I must look into myself, there seems to be alot of different cables and then official/non official versions. I presume the official hdmi adapter would be the best, around €40 on amazon.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Apple-Digital-AV-Adapter-iPad/dp/B004QK5N5W/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1329826690&sr=8-3

Think its only 39 euro in the shops.

I would be happy getting a non-official one if someone could tell me it was ok.

Gevey ultra S shoul be released 4-7th of march. Over 50 dollars though

The Sky Go app has stopped working for me recently. From what I'm reading, they've stopped it from working on jailbroken devices. It still opens but will not play any video.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭coach22

allrite lads...quick question about tiny umbrella as i know nothing about it. I just downloaded tiny umbrella to save my shshs blobs before apple bring out 5.1. as I'm waiting on the new gevey and dont want to be stupid and upgrade the baseband again like i did previously! anyway tiny umbrella says it has saved blobs for 4.3.3, 4.3.5 and 5.0.1. so is it possible to use the 4.3.5 blob for example and would that get rid of the current 4.11.08 baseband on the phone at present?

it's impossible to downgrade the basband on any 3GS, 4 or 4s

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭coach22

guil wrote: »
    it's impossible to downgrade the basband on any 3GS, 4 or 4s

okay cheers i had a feeling that was the case allrite

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Digidol

Hey guys, I have a little unlocking question (sorry!:o). I recently bought an iPhone 4 from my friend, it's locked on Vodafone. I'm on Meteor and was wondering what my unlock options are?

It's on baseband 04.11.08 so I know I can't do it myself, will any phone shops (official or unofficial)or Meteor unlock this for me?

Thanks in advance for any info! :)

You'll have to get Vodafone to do it.

Karsini wrote: »
    You'll have to get Vodafone to do it.

Thanks for the reply! Is Vodafone the only place that can unlock it, and can I do it not being the original owner?

What about any of those side street shops that unlock phones?

Digidol wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply! Is Vodafone the only place that can unlock it, and can I do it not being the original owner?

What about any of those side street shops that unlock phones?

Most of these just jailbreak the phone and unlock it that way but this isn't possible with the baseband you have. Some have "connections" with the network and may be able to, but I don't know any specific ones.

You don't need to be the original owner, I got my uncle's 3GS unlocked using my Vodafone account.

You don't need to be the original owner, I got my uncle's 3GS unlocked using my Vodafone account.

You see that's the problem, I'm not on Vodafone myself, I'm with Meteor?

Thanks for your help, its appreciated! :)

Digidol wrote: »
    You see that's the problem, I'm not on Vodafone myself, I'm with Meteor?

Thanks for your help, its appreciated! :)

Do you know anyone on Vodafone who could do it for you? They can do it online. If they're on billpay it shouldn't be an issue, for prepay they need to have topped up by €127 since signing up or receiving their last unlock.

• Advertisement

Do you know anyone on Vodafone who could do it for you? They can do it online. If they're on billpay it shouldn't be an issue, for prepay they need to have topped up by €127 since signing up or receiving their last unlock.

My mam is with Vodafone, she would be prepay and would have topped up way more than that, but she would never have unlocked a phone though! Could that work?

Advertisement