Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PiP Implants support thread - Irish petition in post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭jeano8

Belle2012 wrote: »
    Hi everyone
    I'm looking for information on MRI scans I live in cork and can't get one done here. Was wondering where ye have got mri's done and how to go about getting one. There doesn't seem to be much help from anyone my GP tried but couldn't find where I could get a scan done. How much does it cost aprox?
    Would be delighted with any info please
    Hi belle2012 hope ur ok i know u can get an mri in charter medical €280 dublin, st francis hospital mulingar €220, st vincents hospital dublin €400 i think there are more if u just google mri breast scan ireland u should get some more ideas i think tere is also a place in galway hope this helps?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Belle2012

jeano8 wrote: »
    Hi belle2012 hope ur ok i know u can get an mri in charter medical €280 dublin, st francis hospital mulingar €220, st vincents hospital dublin €400 i think there are more if u just google mri breast scan ireland u should get some more ideas i think tere is also a place in galway hope this helps?
    Thank you jean that's great. Do I need a referral from my doc? I'll ring them anyway and see what they can do for me. I've been waiting a while now to get it sorted my GP was trying to see if I could get everything done in cork. The plastic surgans here will take out the implants but not replace them so I'm going to have to go privately again. Either get it done with the hospital group again but have to go to the UK with them but at least my follow ups would be in cork. Or else go with a different surgeon and go to Dublin. Trying to decide which is best.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Upset lady

Belle2012 wrote: »
    Hi everyone
    I'm looking for information on MRI scans I live in cork and can't get one done here. Was wondering where ye have got mri's done and how to go about getting one. There doesn't seem to be much help from anyone my GP tried but couldn't find where I could get a scan done. How much does it cost aprox?
    Would be delighted with any info please
    Hi Belle2012

You can get an mri done in the South Infirmary. When you ring ask to be put
    through to the mri department not the breast clinic. They will ask to get a letter faxed from your GP and then they will ring you with an appointment.
    I got mine fairly quickly it cost 300.00...I had VHI but they wouldnt cover it.
    I had mine last Tuesday but didnt get results yet. Even though I got a mammogram a few weeks ago and results were good a mri is prob the best way to go. The only other way is to go through the CUH but will have to see a consultant and prob get referred for an ultra sound first.
    Hope this helps a little and the very best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Upset lady

kyra123 wrote: »
    Hi Ladies,

Prime time will be running a special on PIPs this thursday (23rd Feb)
    RTE One @ 21.30pm

Ladies from PIP Action Group Ireland have interviewed for this, but we could not say until we were sure when it would run.
    To all the ladies that have stepped forward with us on this interview and for all the hard work the group have been doing, I truely thank you, you all are very brave to speak out. These women have been working very hard both with the media and behind the scenes.

We have done our best to tell our stories and share with the public the feelings, concerns, fears and fustration of those of us involved.
    We hope this will high light this issue in a positive way

Hi Kyra123
    Thank you so much for giving all of us women in Ireland with PIP a voice.
    I'll have the sky planner on record.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭kyra123

Pixiejane wrote: »
    Wow good news for you Catch, congrats and thanks for the tips for other ladies ;)

So delighted for you, I hope you have something nice planned for the weekend for yourself. Thanks for all the kind words :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭saulite

prime time this week :)

Wait til you see what we have planned for next week;)

Stay strong ladies x

I am so happy to be part of the action group !!! it keeps me strong .. you all helped me so much . I hope all the girls feel the same ..You Kyra and other girls are God sent , without you I wud be lost !!! Thankyou and I am a big believer in good positive things to happen ..And I am sure we will get them to answer what they did to us !! We just stay strong and positive !! xxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Pixiejane

saulite wrote: »
    I am so happy to be part of the action group !!! it keeps me strong .. you all helped me so much . I hope all the girls feel the same ..You Kyra and other girls are God sent , without you I wud be lost !!! Thankyou and I am a big believer in good positive things to happen ..And I am sure we will get them to answer what they did to us !! We just stay strong and positive !! xxxx

Thanks for your lovely words Saulite and it's great to have you back on boards. Hope you enjoyed your time back home. Will be great to catch up with you again soon. x

Hello to all the ladies out there, hope you're all keeping well and looking forward to tomorrow night's programme on Prime Time at 9.30pm, all about the PIP Breast Implant scandal in Ireland. Just the platform we need now to make the general public aware of the ongoing problem women in this country are faced with on a daily basis. Hopefully the clinics, surgeons and government will be watching too, and will wake up and do something about it. The Ray Darcy show has spring boarded this media attention our way and it doesn't stop here. Lots more planned for next week too, a busy time for all the ladies involved in PIP Action Group.

We started off as two women who met one day through boards.ie I might add. Two strangers who felt so strongly about doing something positive in light of the situation we found ourselves in and that was it, we arranged a cup of coffee, and it's all taken off from there.
    One week later we had 4 more girls on board, now we're almost up to 8 ladies. So much work goes on in the background on a daily basis and without these women there would be no results. A fabulous bunch of strong, young, articulate women who are totally dedicated to this cause (and still continue to work full time, be mothers, study and run homes etc) and won't stop until we get positive results.

Anyone out there who's still unsure about coming forward or not confident to post on this thread, please don't hesitate to contact any of us by personal message on this thread, or log on to www.pipactiongroup.com and submit your message there. Don't stay quiet, we're all genuine people here to help and support you.

PIP Action Group Members (on boards.ie) details below:

Kyra123, Pixiejane, Jean08, Ilmm2012, Sue103, Coh123, Saulite

Brilliant work so far all you ladies, fair play to you all, and keep up the great stuff.

Thanks for your lovely words Saulite and it's great to have you back on boards. Hope you enjoyed your time back home. Will be great to catch up with you again soon. x

Hello to all the ladies out there, hope you're all keeping well and looking forward to tomorrow night's programme on Prime Time at 9.30pm, all about the PIP Breast Implant scandal in Ireland. Just the platform we need now to make the general public aware of the ongoing problem women in this country are faced with on a daily basis. Hopefully the clinics, surgeons and government will be watching too, and will wake up and do something about it. The Ray Darcy show has spring boarded this media attention our way and it doesn't stop here. Lots more planned for next week too, a busy time for all the ladies involved in PIP Action Group.

We started off as two women who met one day through boards.ie I might add. Two strangers who felt so strongly about doing something positive in light of the situation we found ourselves in and that was it, we arranged a cup of coffee, and it's all taken off from there.
    One week later we had 4 more girls on board, now we're almost up to 8 ladies. So much work goes on in the background on a daily basis and without these women there would be no results. A fabulous bunch of strong, young, articulate women who are totally dedicated to this cause (and still continue to work full time, be mothers, study and run homes etc) and won't stop until we get positive results.

Anyone out there who's still unsure about coming forward or not confident to post on this thread, please don't hesitate to contact any of us by personal message on this thread, or log on to www.pipactiongroup.com and submit your message there. Don't stay quiet, we're all genuine people here to help and support you.

Brilliant work so far all you ladies, fair play to you all, and keep up the great stuff.
    Ah thanx pixiejane such lovely words bit seriously ladies i will be on prietime tomorrow night and really hope to put evryones point across if u want to pm any of us or contact us through the website,facebook,twitter please do so anything said is confidential and hopefully we can help answer some questions or just be there for you if you need a friendly ear

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Jessiebelle

Hi everyone,

Belle2012 you were looking for info on scans?After a lot of ringing around, I finally got a MRI app. I called St Francis Mullingar a few weeks ago but was told that they didnt have a radiologist who was qualified to do breast MRI. I also called Hermitage,Euromedical, they dont do breast MRI. Beamont only do them on a Wed and so it would be a while before I could get app. The Charter Medical Smithfield are E280 but they will only accept referral from the surgeon not your GP. So I went with the Beacon in Dublin.Its costing E380 and My app is for tomorrow.That was nearly 2 weeks that I was waiting for an app but that is understandable because not everywhere does breast MRI.
    Oh and I FINALLY got a letter from <snip>.Only took them nearly 2 months.Basically just a short letter confirming that I have PIP implants and apologising for the delay.That was it. No info on scans or how to get in touch with my surgeon, nothing!Well its not really suprising, coming from them.

Girls you are truly just brilliant.First Ray Darcy, now Prime time. Wow! We all owe you so much. I know I speak for everyone when I say THANK YOU! xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Funnyfakename

Hi ladies,

I just wanted to say good luck tonight with Primetime and with all your other projects. I have been following this thread since the beginning and although I am not directly involved, I think you are a real inspiration to other people to stand up for themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Pixiejane

Afternoon everyone,

Unfortunately I have horrible news to share today with you all. As a result of a Shandon Clinic patient coming forward at such a late stage this week, the Prime Time interview scheduled for tonight has been postponed until next week, either next Tuesday or Thursday, the day to be confirmed later to us. Kyra has been on to them but they're sticking with their decision, thanks for trying though.

We're so disappointed as a group because we've put our hearts and soul into all this work, and we've been waiting for 2 weeks nearly now for Prime Time to air and now we've to wait another week. :( Not only that one of our own girl's (ILMM2012) interview has been pulled in favour of the Cork interview. It took so much courage and strength in the first place to speak out so confidently like she did, so can I just say to you Tweetie, roll on next Tuesday xx

Thankfully we didn't keep all our eggs in one basket so to speak, so next Tuesday PIP Action Group will be on the couch on TV3 with Sybil and Martin, their show is normally on at 11am but I will confirm again the definite time. So it's not all bad news, we do have a positive to counteract the negative today.

Ok back to work now and let the other social networking links know! Stay with us ladies, thanks as always for your support and feedback.

My apologies for forgetting to mention the Cork lady for coming forward under such circumstances, I wasn't aware of your terrible situation until a short while ago. I hope you're doing much better and yes a big thank you for also being so brave for publicly speaking out and sharing your story. I'm sure all the Cork ladies as well as everyone else on this thread are very grateful. Let's hope Prime Time get a hold of the person responsible for that clinic in Cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭kyra123

PIP Story postponed from PRIME TIME tonight

Hi girls,
    I m afraid our pip story on prime time tonight has been pulled and postponed as a women with very serious complications due to PIP implants has agreed to step forward to give her story too.

This is a very brave decision from this women and I would like to thank her for being so brave.

I should have confirmation tomorrow of a new date to air and I will keep you all posted.

myself and members from PIP Action Group Ireland will be on the afternoon show with sybil and martin in tv3 this tuesday.

Thank you all for your support so far, this is just a small de tour which will high light the issue with much greater effect next week. So chins up and stay strong.:)

PIP Story postponed from PRIME TIME tonight

Hi girls,
    I m afraid our pip story on prime time tonight has been pulled and postponed as a women with very serious complications due to PIP implants has agreed to step forward to give her story too.

This is a very brave decision from this women and I would like to thank her for being so brave.

I should have confirmation tomorrow of a new date to air and I will keep you all posted.

myself and members from PIP Action Group Ireland will be on the afternoon show with sybil and martin in tv3 this tuesday.

Thank you all for your support so far, this is just a small de tour which will high light the issue with much greater effect next week. So chins up and stay strong.:)
    I think this lady should be commended for stepping forward she is really going through it at the moment and its al important that all the women in this situation are heard if they wish to step into the media so well done x and also i know this feels like a setback but i see it as a positive setback it will highlight just hoe dangerous these implants are and that it cannot be ignored any longer stay strong ladies xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭evergreen girl

I think this lady should be commended for stepping forward she is really going through it at the moment and its al important that all the women in this situation are heard if they wish to step into the media so well done x and also i know this feels like a setback but i see it as a positive setback it will highlight just hoe dangerous these implants are and that it cannot be ignored any longer stay strong ladies xxx

If this lady's story increases awareness of the potential for serious health problems with these implants, then I'm happy to wait another week. At least then, any women with these implants who don't have ruptures might be taken more seriously and be provided with the opportunity for removal/replacement, the same as those with ruptures, instead of being told "you're grand, they're not ruptured, don't worry about them"!

I agree , her story can only help ,poor woman i really hope she is staying strong .. and well done you ladies you are so brave .. I still can't believe its all happening to us and how they think they are getting away .. Everyday since 9th of january i am waking up with this scary PIP thought in my head and there are many weak moments that I can't stop crying ... They are definitely not getting away we are not gonna let them whatever long it takes... We need to get those bastards to face the true and pay the price . I wud put them in prison all of them they abused and used us in so many ways !!! Sorry ladies itis again my moment of feeling very down and I know thr is only you I can talk to !!! xx

I agree , her story can only help ,poor woman i really hope she is staying strong .. and well done you ladies you are so brave .. I still can't believe its all happening to us and how they think they are getting away .. Everyday since 9th of january i am waking up with this scary PIP thought in my head and there are many weak moments that I can't stop crying ... They are definitely not getting away we are not gonna let them whatever long it takes... We need to get those bastards to face the true and pay the price . I wud put them in prison all of them they abused and used us in so many ways !!! Sorry ladies itis again my moment of feeling very down and I know thr is only you I can talk to !!! xx
    Hey saulite hope ur ok and dont be down we will get where we are going ithink this lady coming forward will only strenghten our cases so chin up xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 jojom

you ladies are an inspiration xx

Hi everyone,

Belle2012 you were looking for info on scans?After a lot of ringing around, I finally got a MRI app. I called St Francis Mullingar a few weeks ago but was told that they didnt have a radiologist who was qualified to do breast MRI. I also called Hermitage,Euromedical, they dont do breast MRI. Beamont only do them on a Wed and so it would be a while before I could get app. The Charter Medical Smithfield are E280 but they will only accept referral from the surgeon not your GP. So I went with the Beacon in Dublin.Its costing E380 and My app is for tomorrow.That was nearly 2 weeks that I was waiting for an app but that is understandable because not everywhere does breast MRI.
    Oh and I FINALLY got a letter from HMG.Only took them nearly 2 months.Basically just a short letter confirming that I have PIP implants and apologising for the delay.That was it. No info on scans or how to get in touch with my surgeon, nothing!Well its not really suprising, coming from them.

Girls you are truly just brilliant.First Ray Darcy, now Prime time. Wow! We all owe you so much. I know I speak for everyone when I say THANK YOU! xx

hi jessiebelle, wen did u get ur letter ? im still waiting for mine sent tem my info 3 times since jan 7th and rang and emailed numerous times :( i just keep getting told its coming and i wait for the postman everyday but still nothing :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 nettie80

Hi ladies,

Just a quick update, the MRI scan appointment went well, the ladies in the Merlin pk hospital were all lovely, not as scary as I thought it would be! So I'm just waiting on my results now, I was told it would be about 3-5 days so just nervously waiting and then will be able to take it from there. I just wanted to wish everyone else who has an upcoming MRI scan the best of luck and I will let you all know as soon as I get my results.

Again a massive thank you to all the ladies for speaking to Prime Time, its definitely going to give the rest of us a morale boost and a renewed energy to keep fighting.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭ilmm2012

nettie80 wrote: »
    Hi ladies,

Just a quick update, the MRI scan appointment went well, the ladies in the Merlin pk hospital were all lovely, not as scary as I thought it would be! So I'm just waiting on my results now, I was told it would be about 3-5 days so just nervously waiting and then will be able to take it from there. I just wanted to wish everyone else who has an upcoming MRI scan the best of luck and I will let you all know as soon as I get my results.

Again a massive thank you to all the ladies for speaking to Prime Time, its definitely going to give the rest of us a morale boost and a renewed energy to keep fighting.

That's great Nettie keep us posted and we'll have our fingers crossed that all is good with the scan, try to stay focused and not to think about it too much.

Thanks for all your kind words, it was nervewrecking doing Primetime even if my segment isnt aired next week but any media we do will all be worth it in the end:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭ilmm2012

jojom wrote: »
    you ladies are an inspiration xx

Thanks Jojom, the ladies in our group are fabulous woman, but its all of you guys that spurn us on xx

nettie80 wrote: »
    Hi ladies,

Hi nettie thats great uv had ur mri fingers crossed all comes back clear best of luck and thanks very much for thekind words let us all know when u get ur results xxx

Hi nettie thats great uv had ur mri fingers crossed all comes back clear best of luck and thanks very much for thekind words let us all know when u get ur results xxx

Hi I did some research and found this ...

http://www.laurentgaudon-avocat.fr/on-en-parle/compensation-for-victimss-pip-in-europe/

Hi I did some research and found this ...

http://www.laurentgaudon-avocat.fr/on-en-parle/compensation-for-victimss-pip-in-europe/
    Omg saulite that is huge great news for us all thank you so much xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Hope1

Hi ladies, I am delighted to find this petition,I had my surgery done with the <snip> in 2006 in clane, was confirmed to me on Monday that I 100% have the pip implants.so devastated to find this out and the constant worry on my mind as you all must feel also.as the <snip> advised me to have an MRI scan I'm now on the waiting list for st France's in mullingar.think it is costing me €220 which I think is a disgrace and I should not have to pay as they put a faulty product into my body. I paid alot of money at the time aswell as all you ladies and I think it's just not good enough for us to be treated in this way. If it was a car that was sold to us and their was a problem with it I'm sure there would be no questions asked and the car would be replaced by the company. Ladies this is our health we are talking about ,OUR LIFE'S. I totally think we should stand up for ourselfs be heard and make these people who we taught were 100% trusting fix this problem for us at no more charge.Why should we have to pay them more money to fix our bodies that they messed up on . Thank you for reading this and thanks for all the info on this blog .just being hopeful now on the results of my scan and then it's a lot of decisions to be made on what I should do next .

Hope1 wrote: »
    Hi ladies, I am delighted to find this petition,I had my surgery done with the <snip> in 2006 in clane, was confirmed to me on Monday that I 100% have the pip implants.so devastated to find this out and the constant worry on my mind as you all must feel also.as the <snip> advised me to have an MRI scan I'm now on the waiting list for st France's in mullingar.think it is costing me €220 which I think is a disgrace and I should not have to pay as they put a faulty product into my body. I paid alot of money at the time aswell as all you ladies and I think it's just not good enough for us to be treated in this way. If it was a car that was sold to us and their was a problem with it I'm sure there would be no questions asked and the car would be replaced by the company. Ladies this is our health we are talking about ,OUR LIFE'S. I totally think we should stand up for ourselfs be heard and make these people who we taught were 100% trusting fix this problem for us at no more charge.Why should we have to pay them more money to fix our bodies that they messed up on . Thank you for reading this and thanks for all the info on this blog .just being hopeful now on the results of my scan and then it's a lot of decisions to be made on what I should do next .

I can't believe it takes so long for them to let the girls now ...I am sorry to hear you are going thru this and understand how you feel , it is so frustrating the way they treat us .. bastards all what i can say ! Are you sure they do MRI in mullingar as you can read Jessiebelle,s post that they don,t have radiologist in mullingar . I wudn't trust that poxy <snip> , ring mullingar and check it out yourself !
    23-02-2012, 00:03 #921 Jessiebelle

I can't believe it takes so long for them to let the girls now ...I am sorry to hear you are going thru this and understand how you feel , it is so frustrating the way they treat us .. bastards all what i can say ! Are you sure they do MRI in mullingar as you can read Jessiebelle,s post that they don,t have radiologist in mullingar . I wudn't trust that poxy <snip> , ring mullingar and check it out yourself !
    23-02-2012, 00:03 #921 Jessiebelle

Yeah I called St Frances about 3 weeks ago and was told at first that they do them and then was told that they don't have a radiologist who specialises in breast MRI there to do it.They said that they have the equipment to do it but no-one to actually do it.They said that it would be a couple of weeks before they would get sorted and they would put my name on a list. Now to be honest I think you could be waiting a long time for an appointment. I think for your own piece of mind you would be better off going somewhere else where they can give you a definite date and time.I went to the Beacon on Thurs last, and had my MRI done. I paid E350 and hopefully I will have my results tomorrow.I know its more money but if you can get the money to do it then my advice is go. I think its the not knowing that is the hardest.

jojom wrote: »
    hi jessiebelle, wen did u get ur letter ? im still waiting for mine sent tem my info 3 times since jan 7th and rang and emailed numerous times :( i just keep getting told its coming and i wait for the postman everyday but still nothing :(

Hi JOJOM,
    I only got my <snip> letter on Tuesday.I was the same as you, I was constantly emailing and getting no where.I also sent for my medical records the first week of Feb and haven't received them yet. Although I checked my post box yesterday and the post office have a registered letter for me. So the only thing it could be is my medical records. Now, it could be because I have gone with a solicitor, that I am finally getting somewhere with them. My solicitor has also written to them requesting my records. Have you thought about getting a solicitor involved? The reason I got one was because of the no win, no fee thing. Otherwise I would be on my own!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 DD14

Hi Ladies,
    I collected my medical records on Friday from <snip> and they confirm that my implants are PIPs. I was annoyed to see my pre & post op photos of me holding my file and my name could be clearly seen on the front of this file.
    On a positive note (if thats possible) I sent a copy of my scan results to <snip>in <snip> so he could look at it before my appointment tomorrow morning and whilst my scan showed the implants had leaked silicone into my lymph nodes with no rupture, I had a call from <snip> to say the Doc had looked at the results and said hed consider this a rupture, so at least removal will be free. As I have the implants nearly 10 years I was expecting to be told they need to be replaced anyway and be charged full price.
    Will let you know how I get on tomorrow.

• Advertisement

DD14 wrote: »
    Hi Ladies,
    I collected my medical records on Friday from <snip> and they confirm that my implants are PIPs. I was annoyed to see my pre & post op photos of me holding my file and my name could be clearly seen on the front of this file.
    On a positive note (if thats possible) I sent a copy of my scan results to <snip> in <snip> so he could look at it before my appointment tomorrow morning and whilst my scan showed the implants had leaked silicone into my lymph nodes with no rupture, I had a call from <snip> to say the Doc had looked at the results and said hed consider this a rupture, so at least removal will be free. As I have the implants nearly 10 years I was expecting to be told they need to be replaced anyway and be charged full price.
    Will let you know how I get on tomorrow.

best of luck xx

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement