Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PiP Implants support thread - Irish petition in post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭jeano8

jojom wrote: »
    thanks for letting me know, i thought i was the only person without a letter ! went to a solicitor on wed she has requested my medical records from tem i also requested tem 2wks ago ! so im hoping wen tey hear from her it will help move things quicker ?? fed up wit it all :(

got my confirmation letter today :(
    Hi jojom hope ur doin ok i kbow what it feels like u figh to find out and when u do it hits u like a ton of bricks i still havent received a letter just an email with a scaned page from my file confirming pip its awful but we will all get thru it together x

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Pixiejane

Just a shout out to all the ladies out there who either attended Clane General Hospital, Shandon Street Clinic, Hospital Group and Advanced Cosmetic Surgery.

You've all been quiet of late, hope you're all doing well. Feel free to post and share your experiences to date. How have you all gotten on with MRI's, ultrasounds, and appointments with surgeons in general. Would love to hear from you all, as HMG seem to feature heavily on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Jessiebelle

Sylvia_PIP wrote: »
    hi everyone, this is my first post (only officially joined the forum last week) Have been very worried and knocked about like the rest of you. I received my PIP confirmation letter on 2nd feb and still waiting on MRI referral letter from <snip>. I rang 4 times now .. getting very frustrated with there laid back attitude. They said it was posted 2 weeks ago, was promised they would e-mail it to me Friday (still no sign of it arriving) Have explained to them that i have a burning in my right breast and also a small lump. Its a disgrace how they are dragging their feet, i know they are busy but maybe they should employ more staff if they can't keep up. I phoned my GP today and she is talking about referring me to Sandyford because I give up waiting on <snip> to send it to me, does anyone know if a GP referral is ok or does it have to be a surgeon referral (2 other clinics I contacted won't accept GP referral). Thanks for reading x

Hey Sylvia
    I went to the Beacon and you dont need surgeon referral for them, just gp one.With the Charter and anywhere else that the <snip> mite send you, you need surgeon referral.The Beacon are very good and you will prob be waiting 2 weeks for an appointment.I got my results today.Everything was fine.The implants are intact so no bleeds, ruptures.I had my MRI on Thursday. Its a disgrace that HMG are not bothering to respond to you, even though you have told them about the pain and the lump.I think you would be better off sorting out your appointment yourself, because we all know how reliable <snip> are.
    I also got my medical report today from them. Its missing my photos, surprise, surprise.I know its great that I don't have any ruptures or anything but at the same time it means I can't get them out. Theres no way I can afford to get them removed and replaced.I'll just have to wait until hopefully my solicitor can sort something out.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭evergreen girl

Hey Sylvia
    I went to the Beacon and you dont need surgeon referral for them, just gp one.With the Charter and anywhere else that the <snip> mite send you, you need surgeon referral.The Beacon are very good and you will prob be waiting 2 weeks for an appointment.I got my results today.Everything was fine.The implants are intact so no bleeds, ruptures.I had my MRI on Thursday. Its a disgrace that HMG are not bothering to respond to you, even though you have told them about the pain and the lump.I think you would be better off sorting out your appointment yourself, because we all know how reliable <snip> are.
    I also got my medical report today from them. Its missing my photos, surprise, surprise.I know its great that I don't have any ruptures or anything but at the same time it means I can't get them out. Theres no way I can afford to get them removed and replaced.I'll just have to wait until hopefully my solicitor can sort something out.

Hi Jessiebelle,
    great that your implants seem to be ok so far and great for other ladies to hear that not all pips have ruptured. But yes, while I'm sure you were delighted to hear that, it is really terrible that it means you can't have them replaced unless you pay for it yourself :(.

But with all the upcoming media attention, hopefully the clinics will be forced to sort out ladies who don't have ruptures or bleeds. And as you say, your solicitor might be able to sort something out for you, fingers crossed.

My sister is still waiting for her MRI results and she is actually praying that there is something wrong with them :eek: so she can get them replaced for free like me, but me and the rest of my family are obviously hoping they are fine as who knows what the longterm implications will be from this industrial silicone gel.

And Sylvia, like Jessiebelle says, you are def better off to sort out your own appointment with a GP referral. And at least then, your MRI report will be sent to your GP which personally I thought was better than having it sent straight to HMG. You can always scan a copy of it and email it to HMG afterwards to see what they say to you about it. Also if you need HMG's direct Dublin number, pm me and I'll give it to you - I personally didn't have any luck getting through to them on their 1800 number.

Finally best of luck to the ladies who have been brave enough to agree to sit on the couch today with Sybil and Martin.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 nettie80

Morning Ladies,

Still no MRI updates but its fine, I can wait another day or two. I just wanted to ask again if there are any hospital group ladies on this thread who would like to link up and share experiences. It would be a good way to keep tabs on what each of us are being told individually by the hospital group. Feel free to pm me if anyone wants to chat. It would be greatly appreciated.

Im sitting on tenterhooks waiting for the morning show, Have tv3 on now and Im even sitting through Jeremy Kyle in case I miss anything! Dont know which is worse! :)

Well done to the ladies who will be on the show this morning, it takes great courage to speak out, hats off to you all!

• Advertisement

Just watched the morning show.
    Well done Susan, Lisa and Sarita :). A really, really great interview and ye came across so well (and the 3 of ye looked fab ;)) .

Well done Susan, Lisa and Sarita :). A really, really great interview and ye came across so well (and the 3 of ye looked fab ;)) .
    Girls it was brilliant well done you all really got the point accross so well so proud of you all big pat on the back for you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

nettie80 wrote: »
    Morning Ladies,

Still no MRI updates but its fine, I can wait another day or two. I just wanted to ask again if there are any hospital group ladies on this thread who would like to link up and share experiences. It would be a good way to keep tabs on what each of us are being told individually by the hospital group. Feel free to pm me if anyone wants to chat. It would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Nettie,
    fingers crossed for you on your MRI results. if I remember correctly, I think Upset Lady and Belle2012 were also with Hospital Group. Neither of them has posted lately but I'm sure they are still reading the thread and wouldn't mind if you pm'd them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Funnyfakename

Well done ladies, you were all fab and looked amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 shakira2010

hi everyone, im just wondering is there anyone can help me on how i find out if i have pip's. i had my breast augmentation in 2009 in shandon street hospital in cork. i have moved address so dont know did i get any letters or not about did i have them or not.. but i have tried ringing the clinic but not getting any response. im worried if i do have them and what will i do???

• Advertisement

hi everyone, im just wondering is there anyone can help me on how i find out if i have pip's. i had my breast augmentation in 2009 in shandon street hospital in cork. i have moved address so dont know did i get any letters or not about did i have them or not.. but i have tried ringing the clinic but not getting any response. im worried if i do have them and what will i do???

Hi Shakira,
    glad you joined our thread :).

As far as I know, you can contact the Irish Medicines Board 01-6764971 and they will give you the details for the liquidator of the shandon street hospital. The liquidator will have your records, although you may be waiting a couple of weeks to find out.

Sorry I can't be more helpful, hopefully one of the other posters who had their surgery in Shandon St. will get back to you with better info.

hi im new to this i have tried contacting the clinic i got my breast implants and they are closed down, shandon street clinic how will i know if i have had pip's??? i had mine done in 2009 and im scared :((..wat will i do know where do i go ???

thank you for replying to me i contacted them they are going to get someone to ring be back...i really appreciate it xx

hi im new to this i have tried contacting the clinic i got my breast implants and they are closed down, shandon street clinic how will i know if i have had pip's??? i had mine done in 2009 and im scared :((..wat will i do know where do i go ???

Shakira,
    of course you're scared and it's very worrying to have to deal with this but try ringing the Irish Medicines Board to get the info you need. You may not have PIPs so try not to worry until you can get confirmation (easier said than done, I know :rolleyes:).

hi shakira 2010 as evergreen girl said if you contact the imb and ask them for the number for the liquidators and when you contact them they should be able to point you in the right direction and also I know that Joseph mccarthy solicitor in cork might be representing some clients from shandon street hospital you could also contact him in regards to getting your medical files the actual hospital should have your records even if they are archived is there any way you can contact the hospital directly or has the whole department closed down? hope you get ur records soon and really hope u dont have pips and dont worry you could be one of the lucky ones xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 sue103

Thanks evergreen it was nerve wrecking but hopefully we will have a positive outcome from this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

To the girls who were on Ireland am this morning, I wish ye the very best of luck and to tell ye never back down. Why people are being negative is beyond me, as I remember one of the girls saying someone told she deserved to get cancer. I really hope the woman who would wish such a horrible disease on anyone can sleep at night, as there are thousands of women(and men believe or not) being diagnosed wth breast cancer, do they all deserve it too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 sue103

Thank you so much booboo88 for you kind words of support it took us a lot of courage to come forward and speak out about these clinics and we appreciate you support so again I thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 jojom

just watched the morning show on 3player congrats girls u wer fab so confident and well spoken and informative u shud b proud of urselves tanx sooooooo much :)

wen is the prime time show airing ?

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Pixiejane

Well said Evergreen, they were fabulous, very confident speakers, got all the important things said, and looked beautiful, and more importantly a meeting with the IMB. Here we all go ladies, on the right road.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭kyra123

Thanks ladies for all the words of support, we were very nervous but really wanted to get our point out there, we are on the right road. Have not been online in a bit so hope everyone is doing ok?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭kyra123

PRIME TIME -RTE ONE-9.30PM THURSDAY 1ST MARCH
    Finally ladies we got the phone call for the green light for prime time this thursday
    Myself and Jean from pip action group ireland have interviewed for the show. We have done our best to tell
    Our story and explain the fears, concerns and fustrations of the women involved in this issue.
    Thank youto all for the messages of support, going public has not been easy for any of us involved
    But hopefully it will get us the result we all need.
    Stay strong ladies xx

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Hope1

To you such brave brave ladies on tv3 this morning, you Shuld be so so proud of yourselfs. Like myself, I wouldn't be brave enough and I want to thank you three ladies on behalf of all us pip ladies in Ireland, as you are our voices also. Best of luck with the imb and can't wait to see tomorrow nights prime time. Hopefully we won't be ignored and we will have a good outcome from this :-) so proud of you again. Xx

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭ilmm2012

Thanks evergreen we tried our best to get everything across and to give all of our pip ladies a voice and hopefully we will be heard.:o

Hope1 wrote: »
    To you such brave brave ladies on tv3 this morning, you Shuld be so so proud of yourselfs. Like myself, I wouldn't be brave enough and I want to thank you three ladies on behalf of all us pip ladies in Ireland, as you are our voices also. Best of luck with the imb and can't wait to see tomorrow nights prime time. Hopefully we won't be ignored and we will have a good outcome from this :-) so proud of you again. Xx

Thanks hope1 thats all we want is a good outcome for everyone, were not doing this as individuals we are doing this for everyone and I know for me its the scariest thing Ive ever done in my life but we're fighting for something we believe in

Pixiejane wrote: »
    Well said Evergreen, they were fabulous, very confident speakers, got all the important things said, and looked beautiful, and more importantly a meeting with the IMB. Here we all go ladies, on the right road.
    Thanks hun, I'm getting all embarrassed now:o:o:o

just watched the morning show on 3player congrats girls u wer fab so confident and well spoken and informative u shud b proud of urselves tanx sooooooo much :)

wen is the prime time show airing ?

Thank you Jojom looking forward to Primetime now the girls are really going to do us proud

Well done ladies, you were all fab and looked amazing.

Thank you appreciate all the support

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭saulite

ilmm2012 wrote: »
    Thanks hope1 thats all we want is a good outcome for everyone, were not doing this as individuals we are doing this for everyone and I know for me its the scariest thing Ive ever done in my life but we're fighting for something we believe in

Thankyou so much ladies for being so brave and being there for us !! It is for a good cause and I am sure all those 1500 ladies are feeling so much support now ... Well done ,I cant explain in words how thankful I am and I am sure something positive is on its way !!! xxxxxxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Loopie

I don't have implants so I can't contribute a whole heap here BUT I do want to say that I saw TV3 yesterday, and thought the three ladies came across brilliantly. You said what needed to be said, in an articulate manner and methinks you'll be a force to reckon with. I hope the meeting with the IMO goes well and the outcome of this whole PIP thing goes well for every lady concerned. Good luck! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement