Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PiP Implants support thread - Irish petition in post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭kyra123

Hi Ladies,

Prime time will be running a special on PIPs this thursday (23rd Feb)
    RTE One @ 21.30pm

Ladies from PIP Action Group Ireland have interviewed for this, but we could not say until we were sure when it would run.
    To all the ladies that have stepped forward with us on this interview and for all the hard work the group have been doing, I truely thank you, you all are very brave to speak out. These women have been working very hard both with the media and behind the scenes.

We have done our best to tell our stories and share with the public the feelings, concerns, fears and fustration of those of us involved.
    We hope this will high light this issue in a positive way

Please contact me if you were dealing with a Dr. [EMAIL="R@dw@n"]R@dw@n[/EMAIL].
    Prime Time would love input your story too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 nettie80

kyra123 wrote: »
    Hi Ladies,

RTE One @ 21.30pm

Ladies from PIP Action Group Ireland have interviewed for this, but we could not say until we were sure when it would run.
    To all the ladies that have stepped forward with us on this interview and for all the hard work the group have been doing, I truely thank you, you all are very brave to speak out. These women have been working very hard both with the media and behind the scenes.

We have done our best to tell our stories and share with the public the feelings, concerns, fears and fustration of those of us involved.

Thank you Kyra for everything you have done, and a massive thank you to all the ladies who have spoken out! I havent been on boards lately as I'm just trying to get all of my own things sorted out (I have my MRI scan tommorow) so I've just been trying to stay positive for the most part and switch off from everything else! But I will be watching on thursday and I know that all of those ladies will be speaking for all of us. Well done girls. Will also let you know how I get on when I get my results.

nettie80 wrote: »
    Thank you Kyra for everything you have done, and a massive thank you to all the ladies who have spoken out! I havent been on boards lately as I'm just trying to get all of my own things sorted out (I have my MRI scan tommorow) so I've just been trying to stay positive for the most part and switch off from everything else! But I will be watching on thursday and I know that all of those ladies will be speaking for all of us. Well done girls. Will also let you know how I get on when I get my results.

Thanks for your kind words nettie, the best of luck with your scan, stay positive and keep up chin up. The women here are so supportive and helpful they and I will help you in any way we can:)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭ilmm2012

:eek:
    Hi Ladies,

RTE One @ 21.30pm

Yayyyy finally we can talk about some upcoming media, sorry we couldnt tell you guys but we were sworn to secrecy :)
    Like Kyra said we have done our best to basically give all our PIP ladies out there a voice and to do something positive!
    Hope all you guys will tune in on Thurs we'd really like your feedback xx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 catch1

jojom wrote: »
    hi lolly30 i went to solicitor today and she was very positive but its the same even though its no win no fee we still hav to pay e750 for the medical report, hav to hav a chat with my hubby but she said i cud pay it over a year in installments ? tat wit the mri is nearly a grand money i dont hav :( im sure most of us are in the same boat :(

I would advise you to contact the hospital you had your opp at directly, some of the medical reports are arriving to the patients incomplete...If you can not see any mention of PIP, ring them and ask them to double check for you...try do this before you go to the expence of MRI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 jojom

catch1 wrote: »
    I would advise you to contact the hospital you had your opp at directly, some of the medical reports are arriving to the patients incomplete...If you can not see any mention of PIP, ring them and ask them to double check for you...try do this before you go to the expence of MRI.

will do tanx for the advice :) i did email clane last wk because i cudnt get through by fone but i will ring them tomorrow again !

Hi Ladies,

RTE One @ 21.30pm

wow thats great thanks so much to u and the other brave ladies from pip action group u guys are the best xx

ilmm2012 wrote: »

Yayyyy finally we can talk about some upcoming media, sorry we couldnt tell you guys but we were sworn to secrecy :)
    Like Kyra said we have done our best to basically give all our PIP ladies out there a voice and to do something positive!

omg !!!!!!!!!!!! great news thank u guys sooooo much 4 being so brave, will defo be watching xx

prime time this week :)

Wait til you see what we have planned for next week;)

Stay strong ladies x

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 kittymummy

Hey Ladies,

I am so happy to have found this thread as I feel so helpless.

I am just after a baby so had pushed this to the back of my mind when news first broke.
    However, I am now very concerned that my health may be at risk if I don't get checked out.

The problem is I went to Shandon Street Hospital which is now closed down and can't remember the name of the surgeon, so don't know where I go from here?? I had my surgery in 2008 so there is a strong likelihood that PiP implants were used.

If there is anyone else who went to Shandon Street Hospital I would greatly appreciate any advice??

Many thanks to all who are fighting for some justice, great work ladies, its a terrible situation we find ourselves in and my thoughts are with you all xx

ilmm2012 wrote: »

kittymummy wrote: »
    Hey Ladies,

I am just after a baby so had pushed this to the back of my mind when news first broke.
    However, I am now very concerned that my health may be at risk if I don't get checked out.

The problem is I went to Shandon Street Hospital which is now closed down and can't remember the name of the surgeon, so don't know where I go from here?? I had my surgery in 2008 so there is a strong likelihood that PiP implants were used.

If there is anyone else who went to Shandon Street Hospital I would greatly appreciate any advice??

Many thanks to all who are fighting for some justice, great work ladies, its a terrible situation we find ourselves in and my thoughts are with you all xx

welcome kittymummy, sorry to hear u may hav pip implants :( i know some of the ladies on this thread went to shandon st so im sure u will get some good advice from them, best of luck and dont forget u are not alone x

Hey Ladies,

i found emailing privately pipactiongroup.com brilliant, the lady i connected with was amazing so patient and very imformative :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 kittymummy

thank you very much jojom, its reassuring to know there is some support out there, reality is hitting me now and I am terrified. just after a c section so don't think I can face another surgery anytime soon :(

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭evergreen girl

Stay strong ladies x

Wow, ye have been busy - prime time tomorrow night and a surprise for next week - can't wait:).

Looking forward to prime time - hope minister for health has been interviewed.....

thank you very much jojom, its reassuring to know there is some support out there, reality is hitting me now and I am terrified. just after a c section so don't think I can face another surgery anytime soon :(

Know how you feel, have a 5 month old myself and my maternity leave has been completely ruined with the worry of all of this. Should be focusing on my baby instead of my breasts!

Definitely email pipactiongroup, they will have all the info for you to track down your records. Fingers crossed you won't have pips......and even if you do, once you've had your scan, they may not be ruptured so you will have time to recover from your c-section before you have to consider having them removed/replaced.

I had my implants done 2005 through <snip> at Clane hosp...and I was told it is likley I have PIP implants, I recieved my medical records and I couldnt see any mention of PIP, so I took it upon myself to ring Clane and there were pages missing and after all these weeks of worry I have just been told I definitley do not have PIP..I am soo happy.so to all you poor girl worrying just double check for your own sanity..take care.x

Hi Catch1,
    absolutely delighted for you :), at least now you don't have decide whether to just remove them or have them replaced (well not for another few years anyway ;)). Just a pity you had so much unnecessary worry. At least it gives other HMG women a small bit of hope that they may not have pips.....

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Pixiejane

I had my implants done 2005 through <snip> at Clane hosp...and I was told it is likley I have PIP implants, I recieved my medical records and I couldnt see any mention of PIP, so I took it upon myself to ring Clane and there were pages missing and after all these weeks of worry I have just been told I definitley do not have PIP..I am soo happy.so to all you poor girl worrying just double check for your own sanity..take care.x

Wow good news for you Catch, congrats and thanks for the tips for other ladies ;)

Good luck with your scan today Nettie;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 catch1

Hi Catch1,
    absolutely delighted for you :), at least now you don't have decide whether to just remove them or have them replaced (well not for another few years anyway ;)). Just a pity you had so much unnecessary worry. At least it gives other HMG women a small bit of hope that they may not have pips.....
    Thanks, it is such a relief!! I wish all of you the best of luck in whatever you choose to do...I will be watching prime time tomorrow and thinking of you all..xx

• Advertisement

Hi Ladies,

Yes tomorrow night is a big one for us all, I think it's a massive step forward for us all, and hopefully we'll be inundated with support and the petition numbers will jump again. More importantly, this issue needs to be resolved, no more sitting on the fence from the people in power!

So please ladies, spread the word to friends and family by way of text, email, facebook, twitter whatever it takes! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭jeano8

Thats great news so happy for u xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 24 DD14

Don't know about anyone else on here but I am feeling very emotional today with all the positive feeds from the support group. You are all to be admired :)

Hi kittymummy i feel for u ots awful when this is at the early stages but dont worry were here to help if u contact the imb they should be able to put u in contact with the right people and keep an eye on the fb page and website for guodance also twitter pipactiongroup.com all links are on there hope ur ok xx

Stay strong ladies x

Wow, ye have been busy - prime time tomorrow night and a surprise for next week - can't wait:).

Looking forward to prime time - hope minister for health has been interviewed.....
    Watch this space look out big boys here we come ;-)

Pixiejane wrote: »

Good luck with your scan today Nettie;)
    Best of luck today let us all know how it goes xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 sue103

Wow Girls,
    I can't wait for Prime Time to air, finally we will get our voices out there, fair play girls for doing the interview and relaying our message to the powers that be :)

Hope all goes well with your scan today Nettie good luck xx

That's great news Catch1 and thank you for your continuing support xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Belle2012

Hi everyone
    I'm looking for information on MRI scans I live in cork and can't get one done here. Was wondering where ye have got mri's done and how to go about getting one. There doesn't seem to be much help from anyone my GP tried but couldn't find where I could get a scan done. How much does it cost aprox?
    Would be delighted with any info please

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement