Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular Opinions.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭emzolita

I don't think drug or alcohol addictions are illnesses. I think they're excuses for lazy, selfish people. I always get slated for that, but that's always been my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

cloptrop wrote: »
    Transgender or whatever they call it. They can change their passports now . If you ask me its the same as having into s and m under sex on your passport.
    There is a huge difference between someone who is a cross dresser and someone who is transgender!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    There is a huge difference between someone who is a cross dresser and someone who is transgender!

There is a huge difference between someone who lets the missus tie him up now and again and someone who dresses hed to toe in gimp costumes and goes to clubs to do whatever the hell gimps do , but they are at two ends of the same scale , this is how I feel about cross dressing transgender.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭rosskind

cloptrop wrote: »
    Oh go the soccer forum they have a feeling sorry for themselves Liverpool section in there. He was found guilty . Why cant you accept it. If he thinks he was innocent at this stage he has mental problems.

I think people that still smoke pot are smelly .

I do think he's guilty. But obviously he doesn't, so I understand his reasoning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Daily mail - terrible newspaper, BRILLIANT website!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Snappy the Moose

My friend informed me that Patrice Evra was a little negrito. I told him that may be an unpopular opinion, and he agreed. He did however say that opinions are not the same as facts, and the fact is that Evra is a little negrito.

Although the terminology was unpopular amongst many I found it difficult to argue his point, taking it at face value then it would be hard to dispute that Patrice Evra is anything other than his description.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

My friend informed me that Patrice Evra was a little negrito. I told him that may be an unpopular opinion, and he agreed. He did however say that opinions are not the same as facts, and the fact is that Evra is a little negrito.

Although the terminology was unpopular amongst many I found it difficult to argue his point, taking it at face value then it would be hard to dispute that Patrice Evra is anything other than his description.

So do you, Snappy the Moose, declare Patrice Evra to be a "negrito?"

How would you translate that into English, and are there any connotations associated with the term?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

You'll hear a lot of racsists use the term negro these days. ****** is no longer accepted so they pick a close word that they know will upset people but that they can claim plausible deniability when using it. It's Spanish for black so why would a skanger Irish person be using it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

What about niggardly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Yahew

RichieC wrote: »
    You'll hear a lot of racsists use the term negro these days. ****** is no longer accepted so they pick a close word that they know will upset people but that they can claim plausible deniability when using it. It's Spanish for black so why would a skanger Irish person be using it?

Indeed it might be racist in that case ( though I have never heard any "skanger" use it) , but Suarez, on whom this topic is being based, is a Spanish speaker.
    So do you, Snappy the Moose, declare Patrice Evra to be a "negrito?"

How would you translate that into English, and are there any connotations associated with the term?

Little black chap.Possibly the use of the diminutive is a sorta abusive thing.
    Nolanger wrote: »
    What about niggardly?

Yeah, that has about the same logic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭twinQuins

Nolanger wrote: »
    What about niggardly?

Has a different etymology and meaning.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭FierceMild

I find George Hook to be an entertaining rugby analyst and an engaging social commentator.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

Julia Stiles, Rhianna, Katy Perry, Lady Gaga and Kristen Stewart are all ugly. Just plain ugly.
    lily Cole is smoking hot.
    Adele's songs are **** and not nearly as deep or insightful as people seem to think they are. Sometimes i think she is playing a massive trick on the world in which she just says random **** and then has to do a shot every time somebody thinks they "get it"

Julia Stiles, Rhianna, Katy Perry, Lady Gaga and Kristen Stewart are all ugly. Just plain ugly.
    Adele's songs are **** and not nearly as deep or insightful as people seem to think they are. Sometimes i think she is playing a massive trick on the world in which she just says random **** and then has to do a shot every time somebody thinks they "get it"

You obviously just dont get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

I ****in despise that Adele fatty.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭mysteries1984

I'm sure some, if not all, have been mentioned before, but anyway:

- I'm pro-choice
    - Take Me Out is perfectly worthy television fodder
    - The Bernard Shaw is a horrible, horrible spot
    - Nirvana were overrated, especially Kurt Cobain
    - Yves Saint Laurent's Touche Eclat is useless
    - Morrissey is the world's worst lyricist
    - Bruno Mars comes close behind Morrissey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

- Morrissey is the world's worst lyricist

I couldn't disagree more

Grimebox wrote: »
    I couldn't disagree more
    most of his songs do sound the same though , he has got some crackers but he has got a long list of songs that pretty much sound the same, this however has nothing to do with thelyrics.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭mysteries1984

I couldn't disagree more

And that's why this is in a thread entitled Unpopular Opinions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭upandcumming

I don't think Premiership footballers are overpaid.

I find it ridiculous that Irish people follow English teams.

I dislike Adele.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

I find it ridiculous that Irish people follow English Rugby teams.

I dislike Adele.

FYP

I'd munch the gash off Dannii Minogue

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

I find it ridiculous that Irish people follow English teams.
    Very much agree with these two.

Premiership footballers are in the top tier of a very wealthy multinational entertainment business, they have a relatively short career with little scope for anything outside this (not every footballer can realistically go into coaching or management), plus they are the 'stars of the show'. In the same way Tom Cruise will get paid substantially more in a Hollywood blockbuster than an unheard actor in a budget film.

Agree that it is a bit ridiculous Irish people bedecking themselves in English club teams kits BUT do understand people here taking an interest and following the Premiership in general, maybe even having a favourite team, but not the levels of fanatism on display. People will always gravitate towards top-level competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭kieranfitz

I'd shag Adele

kieranfitz wrote: »
    I'd shag Adele

Man I know this is the unpopular opinions thread but that there is a post deseigned to wind people up. How could you go against all the moral fibre in your fingers and allow them to type that just to get a reaction. Obviously there is no way you would wanna ride that yoke , if I was a moderator, which Im not Id ban you for trying to incite a riot . You sicko.

My turn
    I like to have sex with dead sheep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

FYP

I think the majority of the population is into football rather than rugby so its not that unpopular of an opinion.

And leading from that.... I think watching football as a spectator sport is dreadful. I think they should bring in TMO's to fix the whole game, no more diving, no more players giving out to the ref. The purist will claim that its all part of the game, well I think it shouldn't be.

.... I prefer rugby :D

Nintendo betrayed their core followers with the Wii

I think the majority of the population is into football rather than rugby so its not that unpopular of an opinion.

And leading from that.... I think watching football as a spectator sport is dreadful. I think they should bring in TMO's to fix the whole game, no more diving, no more players giving out to the ref. The purist will claim that its all part of the game, well I think it shouldn't be.

.... I prefer rugby :D

Football fans dont applaud their team for kicking th ball off the pitch

I call soccer 'soccer' and think that everyone else in Ireland should too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I call soccer 'soccer' and think that everyone else in Ireland should too

I can see why that's unpopular. Football is a ball game where you must use your foot. There is no other mainstream game I can think of where this is the case.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement