Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

My bf and my brother are watching tv so I decided to watch Raw online, couldn't wait til later! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Thanks for all the good wishes everyone, they are much appreciated.

Dad is doing OK, he had soup and grapes today and has kept them down, thankfully.

Just found out that my cousin and her nearly three month old baby girl are coming to visit us tomorrow, I can't wait. It really lifted my mood when I heard they were coming.

I can't wait to see them, it will be so much fun.

Getting an early night tonight, I am exhausted from the past two days, I need sleep, lots of it.

Good luck to all those applying for jobs/courses etc, fingers crossed for all of you.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Sick again for the midterm - waiting for the antibiotics to kick in :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

Well this is just pure disturbing (it's basically a Twitter feed of girls going 'yeah, come on round and punch me in the face Chris Brown' after the Grammys). Even as a pure joke it's given me the bad goosebumps

Wow, that is absolutely awful.

Just one more thing in this whole disgusting mess though. (His weak-ass "apology" still pisses me off no end).

Muffin, sorry to hear that things have been so rough for you lately. :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Walking dead. A bit grim for my current mood.

This cheers me up though, bwah ha ha. Exclusive!
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4125154/Aaron-Ramsey-in-goal-link-to-Whitney-death.html

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

cello went so well yay :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

The Walking Dead is the show I always watched with my boyfriend, so we just watched it at the same time while texting each other! Wasn't too scary though, only screamed twice :pac:

Ugh the guy who owns the house share I'm in was sick last week or something so he had his parents come take care of him :confused: They still haven't left!! Driving me nuts, always in the kitchen. The thing I liked most about this house was nobody is home much. And you always get your time in the kitchen alone everyday. I'm hungry. Go home old people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

I am very determined to be in bed and asleep by 10.30. I am going to have a bath, get into bed, read one chapter only of my book and then I am not going to stare at the ceiling for hours. I am going to get a full night sleep and wake up on time and alert. Yes this is going to happen...

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭cute_cow

I got engaged!

Well it's been a week and all the family know so can finally really shout about it!!
    :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

cute_cow wrote: »
    I got engaged!

Well it's been a week and all the family know so can finally really shout about it!!

Congratulations!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I got engaged!

Congrats!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I got engaged!

Congratulations.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,382 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

I got engaged!

Congratulations!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Oh, I am just not particularly happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

jay phelan wrote: »
    Scanning lots of old photos onto my laptop to keep them safe. My Dad brought some pictures up from my Grandfather's house and before he drops them back I want to make sure I have a copy. Love looking at old pictures.
    My Dad gave me a box of old documents and photos he found cleaning out the house- there's stuff in there from the 1800's! :eek: Loads of photos and letters, now that I'm taking a break from my PhD I might see about borrowing a scanner and digitising everything... it's so much fun though, isn't it?
    jay phelan wrote: »
    It's great :) I've started using free photo software to take out the creases and cracks in some of the really old ones.
    Don't forget to scan at a decent resolution (600dpi or better) into an archival format like TIFF (really big image files) and keep the original scans. Then you tidy up copies and keep the originals intact.
    EmilyO wrote: »
    That must be fascinating to look through! Genealogy is so interesting, I'm a sucker for Who Do You Think You Are? Digitising it all is a great idea, you always be able to access it, even if stuff goes missing over time.

Make backups! Get a couple of big external hard disks and copy all your scans onto them. Farm one out to somebody else's house (or your desk in work) so you still have the scans when the house burns down with the computers in it...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

I saw it Friday, it was UNREAL! Bit embarrassed though, I'd booked tickets and was all "oh, we better get there early, it's the first night it's out so it'll be really busy, you know there'll be queues"...you guessed it, ten people in the cinema! :o

Also, had a crap crap week last week - this one will be better.

Lovely Muffin, hope things start looking up soon.

That's how I was thinking!! Telling the OH how we have to be at the cinema reeeally early cause it's valentines day and everyone will be going to see the Muppets!
    Still going to make him go early though- means we can get an eddie rockets milkshake bar thing while we wait :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

ugh, really not feeling well tonight :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

Good day: Had a really nice time with my boy.
    Going for a bath in a minute, hoping the water will be nicer than last night.

Bad day: I have no energy and my boobs have gotten really sore.

I got engaged!

Congratulations!! :D
    Novella wrote: »
    Oh, I am just not particularly happy.
    Links234 wrote: »
    ugh, really not feeling well tonight :(

Awh, what's up guys? x

Jeez, over 1000 posts already? We'll be on version 5 in no time!

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Awh, what's up guys? x

sore stomach. really bad. I had to go take a nap for a while earlier, and I think I'll be going back to bed again soon.

• Advertisement

Lying in bed, no energy - I've notes to prepare for the morning, and just cannot get my head around them, feeling down about the whole thing to be honest - so much work to get done, plus we've our ball Wednesday, and I don't want to be feeling this way for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Links, Rebel and Novella I hope ye feel better soon. It's like Monday syndrome or something :(

thanks Emily :)

I'm off to bed for now, see if I can't get a good sleep ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Awh, what's up guys? x

I just have a lot of assignments and stuff to do, combined with some guy trouble!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

It's been ages since I've posted in here but I'm in tears here, mostly in anger at having to work today. It's such a stupid reason but my cousin's team won an All Ireland final yesterday and I couldn't go to the celebrations or the home coming because of stupid work AND I'm supposed to have Mondays off!
    I know it's trivial but the last time they were in any sort of final my other cousin was alive and it's his 9th anniversary tomorrow. I would give anything to be with my family celebrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Ah hugs daisies :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

On the couch watching The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants :) TG4 :D

Links234 wrote: »
    sore stomach. really bad. I had to go take a nap for a while earlier, and I think I'll be going back to bed again soon.

Hope you feel better soon Links. :)
    Novella wrote: »
    I just have a lot of assignments and stuff to do, combined with some guy trouble!

Dunno about the assignments but I'd say we could help you with the guy troubles if you wanna get it off your chest. :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I just wrote the most ridiculous short story based on that Aaron Ramsey Sun article. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Dunno about the assignments but I'd say we could help you with the guy troubles if you wanna get it off your chest. :)

We're better than Oprah tbh.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement