Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Not sure if this has happened to anyone else..
    I have a single male friend who is currently dating. He tells all about the girls he meets and chats to.
    But the way he goes on about how they look really makes me feel very down about myself, as if he is referring to me. I'm not interested in him in any way, but it just makes me feel like i'm not pretty enough for anyone..

Yes!! my best male friend done that to me at xmas, when i Really wasn't in mood for hearing it. I was after finishing with boy, wasnt in good form At all! at end of night he started looking for his 'friend' he'd been chatting to , he was kinda drunk so kept saying aw i really like her, she's so hot dont cha think, etc etc and here was me wanting to cry all night.. And I used to fancy him aaages ago and he knew it so it stung even more, even though well over him and he knew that too! but boy, get some feeelings!!

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LostGirly

Well this is just pure disturbing (it's basically a Twitter feed of girls going 'yeah, come on round and punch me in the face Chris Brown' after the Grammys). Even as a pure joke it's given me the bad goosebumps

That is sick!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

their parents should shoot their laptops too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Oh my God, what is wrong with those girls saying those things about Chris Brown??

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Acoshla wrote: »
    Oh my God, what is wrong with those girls saying those things about Chris Brown??

they're idiots?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Watched Muriel's Wedding AGAIN last night, I will never get tired of that film! It's even funny dubbed in French (even though dubbing is EVIL :mad:)
    I just could never get sick of watching Muriel's Wedding. Love it!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭OkayWhatever

Posy wrote: »
    I just could never get sick of watching Muriel's Wedding. Love it!! :D

Never watched it :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Fishie wrote: »
    Oh noooooo! :eek: I understand his fear, two years ago we had a ‘glitter explosion’ in our flat (someone threw a pot of glitter over someone else in anger at one of our parties, I wish she’d chucked a drink over him instead) You’d sit down on the sofa and a cloud of glitter would come up :( Even with intensive cleaning, including hiring a steam cleaner for the carpets, it took months to be rid of it all.

I remember I was coming over the next day and he text me to say he was sweeping glitter off his carpet cause the hoover was broken :pac: I felt a little bad, but mostly I laughed. I'll do a lot of things for a laugh. Also I kept calling him Edward Cullen then which really annoyed him :pac: What a great idea.

Bitta green glitter for Patrick's Day might be sent to someone >.>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

)(^$&^$%*(&

Some freaking twats on my dads FB page having an argument over nothing. FFS.

We're all going through a difficult fckuing time, all waiting for more info on him, the last thing we need is this. Not to mention the gobshíte posting all these little 'updates' constantly. Some people need to learn not to post everything on Facebook. One of those updates saying something that (as far as I am aware) his doctors haven't said, just this twit trying to make more drama for us.

I wish to god his account could be deactivated until he is well again.

I just want to cry.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

The lovely muffin - sorry to hear you're having such a hard time at the minute. x

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

)(^$&^$%*(&

Some freaking twats on my dads FB page having an argument over nothing. FFS.

We're all going through a difficult fckuing time, all waiting for more info on him, the last thing we need is this. Not to mention the gobshíte posting all these little 'updates' constantly. Some people need to learn not to post everything on Facebook. One of those updates saying something that (as far as I am aware) his doctors haven't said, just this twit trying to make more drama for us.

I wish to god his account could be deactivated until he is well again.

I just want to cry.:(
    Sorry to hear about that. Is it possible for ye to have a word with them to stop posting til he's actually back online?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Hope youre ok Muffin <3 x

Fishie wrote: »
    Has anyone ever tried IPL? There is a groupon deal for it, but I’ve looked it up online and the reviews are very polarised (they either say it’s the best thing ever or that it didn’t work at all)
    I've been getting it done in Dublin for about a year and a bit. I get my bikini and underarms done. I've probably had about 10-12 sessions in that time, I've kind of lost count. At first I got it done every 6 weeks, then every 2 months and now I just get it done every 3 months. I've never been under the illusion that I will never have to shave/wax again (especially because I'm quite fair haired) but I generally don't have to do any hair removal in between sessions, barring the odd stray hair.
    Even if it never leaves me totally hair free, one pain free 15 minute session every 3 months beats waxing and is cheaper too! :)

Sorry to hear about that. Is it possible for ye to have a word with them to stop posting til he's actually back online?
    Thanks girls.

Unfortunately there isn't anything I can do (I'm in Ireland, they are in the U.K). I could say it to my sister and brother and have them speak to my dad's girlfriend and get her to speak to this friend, but I don't know if my brother or sister would say anything as they don't like confrontation and would be afraid to cause trouble or offence.

We nearly lost him yesterday, it is a miracle he is alive to be totally honest and when this friend posts her 'updates' she goes into details and when any one asks she gives detailed answers publicly, if she did it via PM I wouldn't mind as such.

But she posted an update last night, which I personally think is OTT, as far as I know his doctors haven't said anything about what she mentioned in her update. I am in constant contact with my brother and sister and they haven't mentioned anything like it and they would if the doctor said it or even hinted at it and I just think that this friend needs to scale it back and not post everything publicly.

My sister and brother post updates too, but rather then detailed answers they just say "dad's improved, he's talking now X, Y ,Z", which I think is better.

It could just be me being over sensitive and irritable though. I am absolutely exhausted after yesterday, it was the most dreadful, tiring day of my life and I never, ever want to go through it again. It was the day from hell.

And the two that are having an argument on FB about it is because one wants more info (which we don't have yet) and the other is telling her to not be so disrespectful. I don't think the girl looking for info means it in a bad way, but all the info we have is on FB, we can't give any more info because we don't have any more info.

It's just the constant waiting and waiting is all.

I just want to hug him, be beside him and I can't (yet), it's just so difficult being in another country knowing my dad and siblings are going through hell and there isn't much that I can do being so far away.

I just want to hug him and tell him it will all be okay, but I can't, because I don't know that it will be OK, and that hurts, it hurts a lot. I love him so so much, it's torture watching him go through this.

All I can think about is him lying in a hospital bed with wires and tubes attached to him and it's such a horrible, horrible thought.

I spoke to him on the phone today and he could barely speak at all, his voice was hoarse and weak and he was so so tired, so unlike him. Hearing is voice so hoarse and weak and him so so tired made everything more real, in a way.

I'm going over in two weeks though, when I get some money together.

Sorry for the ramble, I just had to get it off my chest.

Lovely Muffin- sorry you're going through such a crappy time. :( xxx

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

why the bejaysus am i hungry again already?!

sorry to hear it muffin xx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Aw Muffin that sounds so tough. Hope your dad will be ok! Could you reply to these peoples' posts yourself and just ask them to stop? Sucks you're having such a crappy time. *hugs* xx

Thanks girls, I think it's just the shock of everything that happened yesterday is hitting me now.

I should probably sleep, but I just can't.

I know there is nothing I can apart from love, support and be there for him, but it's just so difficult watching him go through this.

tomissex wrote: »
    Aw Muffin that sounds so tough. Hope your dad will be ok! Could you reply to these peoples' posts yourself and just ask them to stop? Sucks you're having such a crappy time. *hugs* xx
    I could, but if I do it via FB it could make things worse, hence me not replying.

I might just mention it to my siblings and see what they say, maybe we could speak to my dad's girlfriend and get her to speak to this friend.

I don't have a problem with her 'updating' constantly, it's just that she goes into details, personal details which shouldn't be posted publicly, in my opinion.

I know I'm probably just as bad for talking about it here, I just need to get it off my chest though. If I keep it in I'll go mad.

Muffin, posting here isn't the same as giving all the details publically on facebook. Sometimes you need to vent somewhere or you'll go crazy. It's why I love this thread so much. :)

and for some of us who have gone crazy already :pac:

• Advertisement

bluewolf wrote: »
    and for some of us who have gone crazy already :pac:
    Stops you going from "She's a bit mad" to "She lives in a secure mental facility." :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

I said today would be productive, so far its a fail, but I did get my hair done and make my way through half a Marian Keyes book... Should really head into college to get some work done, anyone want to send the motivation fairy my way?

Still haven't heard back from the college course I applied to. :(
    I hate the waiting.

massage and mini facial bought from one of these deals in town, it better be good
    i so need one :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I'm an awful dope! I decided to get my hair done, it's two months since I got it done last, and I won't have time when the baby arrives. Anyway, looked up the salon website for the number and rang them twice or three times, no answer each time. Started thinking "Oh crap I hope they haven't gone out of business" (they have been quietish lately)...not noticing that of course they don't open on Monday (this info is in big writing below where the number is written on the website). Duh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

The boy has promised us a fun night tonight!! Can't wait!!! <3 love being able to talk to him all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭aristocat

Lovely Muffin, I haven't been posting here too long, but hearing your pain in your previous postings, I felt I just had to say how much I am thinking of you and hoping for a good outcome for you and your Dad. You sound like you are suffering and all the silliness of FB doesn't help. Wishing you comfort and strength to get through this.

I said today would be productive, so far its a fail, but I did get my hair done and make my way through half a Marian Keyes book... Should really head into college to get some work done, anyone want to send the motivation fairy my way?
    Feck motivation.. Which Marian Keyes book? I just love her!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Aww, its lovely to get unexpected nice messages. :)

• Advertisement

Oh my God, fright of my life reading Facebook, my friends in South Africa had a horror situation this morning when their toddler ran behind the car as he was reversing out to go to work.... lucky she saw it happen, he had no idea, and ran at the car screaming at him. The child was right in under the car! Rushed to hospital, not even a scratch on her. Shook me up so bad to read it, can imagine it will take them longer to recover from than the kid! Thank God she's ok.... *deep breath*

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement