Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

bluewolf wrote: »
    Yeah dk im dying for something for headache but have to wait til i eat
    wish the headache would just fcuk off though had it since fri

You could get someone to give you a bear hug til your back does the clicky-poppy thing, then take the ibuprofen? Any set of strong arms around?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Im on the bus i think theyd look at me funny! It's solpadeine i think i have. Why would the back click work??

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Im on the bus i think theyd look at me funny! It's solpadeine i think i have. Why would the back click work??

Tension in the back pulls the muscles of the neck and scalp. That's the case with me anyway, the clicking causes the back muscles to release.

Works for me if I have a long headache like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

i Will be repeating my calculus exam in august grrr.. missed loads of classes due to finding out I was pregnant. so disappointed in myself.
    i dont fail exams, ever :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Watched Muriel's Wedding AGAIN last night, I will never get tired of that film! It's even funny dubbed in French (even though dubbing is EVIL :mad: ).

Ok baby get OUT of my tummy now! :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Tension in the back pulls the muscles of the neck and scalp. That's the case with me anyway, the clicking causes the back muscles to release.

Works for me if I have a long headache like that.

my favourite place seems to have a special offer on massages so im thinking i might go this weekend...
    before i dress up for the tgc beers :cool:
    Watched Muriel's Wedding AGAIN last night, I will never get tired of that film! It's even funny dubbed in French (even though dubbing is EVIL :mad: ).

Ok baby get OUT of my tummy now! :)
    i've never got into that one :o

silly baby
    what is/was your actual date?

lol
    i wasnt mad about the protein muffins but i think i had a dodgy tummy anyway - but i just got an email from mum "we ate all your cupcakes pls make more???" :D:D:D

my favourite place seems to have a special offer on massages so im thinking i might go this weekend...
    before i dress up for the tgc beers :cool:

i've never got into that one :o

silly baby
    what is/was your actual date?

My due date isn't til next Sunday but I had some, ahem, signs of impending labour, oh about 1.5 weeks ago, my gyny told me he would be "surprised" if I hadn't my baby by the middle of LAST week...so I have been on tenterhooks since then! And now I'm getting uncomfortable as well! Moan moan MOAN!!!! :p

My due date isn't til next Sunday but I had some, ahem, signs of impending labour, oh about 1.5 weeks ago, my gyny told me he would be "surprised" if I hadn't my baby by the middle of LAST week...so I have been on tenterhooks since then! And now I'm getting uncomfortable as well! Moan moan MOAN!!!! :p

at this stage i'd say you're fully entitled to moan! :eek::D
    was that the fake labour thing people get sometimes?

at this stage i'd say you're fully entitled to moan! :eek::D
    was that the fake labour thing people get sometimes?

No, but I am getting those contractions in the last few days!

It was a "show" plus I'm dilated 2cm for the last two weeks. The main positive of that is, that I have 2cm of "work" done with no pain, only 8 cms to go! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭rainshowers82

krudler wrote: »
    bwahahaha, I got an iphone 4s the other day and have been messing with Siri, its awesome, I asked her the meaning of life and got this as a response: "All evidence points to the suggestion that its chocolate" then I asked her how I could dispose of a body, and she asked if any of the following locations would suit, quarries, lakes, dumps, forests or rivers. :D this thing is a hoot lol anyone using a 4s ask it ridiculous questions and get brilliant answers

SIRI is hysterical i asked her about the bodies too :D asked her about the meaning of her name and she said i wouldnt understand it ... We have had hours of fun lol

No, but I am getting those contractions in the last few days!

It was a "show" plus I'm dilated 2cm for the last two weeks. The main positive of that is, that I have 2cm of "work" done with no pain, only 8 cms to go! :P

time to break out the curry :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 GettingBetter

Not sure if this has happened to anyone else..
    I have a single male friend who is currently dating. He tells all about the girls he meets and chats to.
    But the way he goes on about how they look really makes me feel very down about myself, as if he is referring to me. I'm not interested in him in any way, but it just makes me feel like i'm not pretty enough for anyone..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

javagal wrote: »
    i Will be repeating my calculus exam in august grrr.. missed loads of classes due to finding out I was pregnant. so disappointed in myself.
    i dont fail exams, ever :-(

Oh javagirl dont worry, its just the way the cookie crumbled! You'll ace it in August :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Not sure if this has happened to anyone else..
    I have a single male friend who is currently dating. He tells all about the girls he meets and chats to.
    But the way he goes on about how they look really makes me feel very down about myself, as if he is referring to me. I'm not interested in him in any way, but it just makes me feel like i'm not pretty enough for anyone..

I think that stems from being thought of as 'one of the boys' my boy bestie always does it :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Yesterday the bf and I realised we've never been able to do something together for Valentine's Day. Now normally that stuff sorta flies over my head, but this is the third VD since we've gotten together; he's working and I'm in college. I know it can't be helped, but it makes me do this :( a little bit.

Please pass the cake! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

So, I overslept for my hair appointment, and am having to wait around til 12 for it now... because I was up texting a guy who I was in class with in first year til 3am. He's one of those big messer guys but it was totally flirty - am not entirely sure what to make of it. We were in Drama class together - and I'm lending his group fake rose petals to use for their final year project, so I can feel like I'm making a dent into some form of a Drama FYP to finish off the story :P Apparently he's going to try kiss me when we meet up because I wouldn't give him a straight answer as to whether or not I'd kiss him back.... seriously random stuff at 3am...
    Also getting rather excited at getting my article published in the college magazine - I know its silly, but its one of my Bucket List things in UCC and its one I'm really proud of, all about how love and economics are practically the same thing....

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

Was sad to wake up to the news David Kelly has passed away :( what an amazing talent he was, he always added something special to whatever production he was in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Welcome to version 4 of the Ladies' Lounge most popular thread!

Here's to the next 10,000 posts!

Which I predict happening by 24th March...

224 posts per day,
    9.3 posts per hour,
    or 1 post every 6.5 minutes...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

Ohh stubborn lil baby you've got there! I bet you're super excited though :)

Siri is so funny!! Ask her if she loves you!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Well this is just pure disturbing (it's basically a Twitter feed of girls going 'yeah, come on round and punch me in the face Chris Brown' after the Grammys). Even as a pure joke it's given me the bad goosebumps

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

My boyfriend got my Valentine this morning. I'd gotten him a small Gonzo plush cause its his favourite Muppet and we watch/talk about Muppets all the time! So glad he liked it.

Last year I sent him a card filled with glitter, he was so mad but it also made him laugh :pac: Ever since he has opened every card from me with fear, but forgot this morning. I shoulda done it again >.>

Had a fight with my sister the other day so I told my mam to intercept her Valentines card and present, sent her salt water taffy cause I sent it to her from the states when I lived there and she loves it. My mam is a softy though and will give it to her anyway. I really miss talking to her but I will not give in until she apologises! I wonder if we will ever reach an age where we don't act like children together :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Well this is just pure disturbing (it's basically a Twitter feed of girls going 'yeah, come on round and punch me in the face Chris Brown' after the Grammys). Even as a pure joke it's given me the bad goosebumps

Wtf? Please tell me that's actually a joke

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Last year I sent him a card filled with glitter, he was so mad but it also made him laugh :pac: Ever since he has opened every card from me with fear, but forgot this morning. I shoulda done it again >.>
    Oh noooooo! :eek: I understand his fear, two years ago we had a ‘glitter explosion’ in our flat (someone threw a pot of glitter over someone else in anger at one of our parties, I wish she’d chucked a drink over him instead) You’d sit down on the sofa and a cloud of glitter would come up :( Even with intensive cleaning, including hiring a steam cleaner for the carpets, it took months to be rid of it all.

Has anyone ever tried IPL? There is a groupon deal for it, but I’ve looked it up online and the reviews are very polarised (they either say it’s the best thing ever or that it didn’t work at all)

That is one of the most depressing things I've seen in a long time...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

IvyTheTerrible - Fingers crossed for you and your baby, I hope all goes well for you.

Had the most horrendous day yesterday, it was the worst day of my life, but my boyfriend really helped me. I am so so lucky to have him.

We (boyfriend and I) made Chocolate buns too and they turned out really well, they are delicious. The smarties on the outside looked a little off-putting when we took the buns out of the oven, they are still delicious though.

Fishie wrote: »
    Oh noooooo! :eek: I understand his fear, two years ago we had a ‘glitter explosion’ in our flat (someone threw a pot of glitter over someone else in anger at one of our parties, I wish she’d chucked a drink over him instead) You’d sit down on the sofa and a cloud of glitter would come up :( Even with intensive cleaning, including hiring a steam cleaner for the carpets, it took months to be rid of it all.

Has anyone ever tried IPL? There is a groupon deal for it, but I’ve looked it up online and the reviews are very polarised (they either say it’s the best thing ever or that it didn’t work at all)
    What clinic is the group on deal with

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

What clinic is the group on deal with
    It's in London so you prob wouldn't know it, in Wimbeldon I think. Is it one of those things that really depends on the salon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Just saw that, absolutely awful thing to be saying.

It's never ever alright for a man to beat a woman or vice versa, regardless of whether they have given their consent or not.

I'd bet the majority of those who said he can beat them, would sue the shíte out of him if he so much as laid a finger on them.

• Advertisement

Yeah it depends on the training the staff recieve, whether they're trained at all and on the machine. IPL can be very effective if you're very pale with very dark hair. The more melanin you have in the skin, the more the machine is altered and thus not as effective.

A lot of salons will tell you to shave 24hrs before treatment. IMO this is misleading as it depends on the hair growth. Basically you need a tiny minute amount of hair for the machine to pick up pigment because if you've shaved 24hrs before hand, and your hair grows back slow, there's not going to be anything for the IPL to be attracted to. When the IPL does pick up the pigment, it'll travel down through the hair so this is ideally why you need to have the hair caught in anaphase (1st stage) of hair growth, as then it gets right down and weakens the dermal papilla which the hair needs to grow... This is why some people can see a great difference straight away and other people might not.

Your IPL shouldn't be carried out when you've just shaved and are smooth because it will not be effective. Unfortunately some clinics won't tell you this.

Also - IPL is not guaranteed hair removal. It's 85% guaranteed hair reduction, but depending on your hair, its usually removal, they just can't guarantee it. You might need more than 6 sessions but again it depends on the hair, so see how your 6 goes and that you're confident it's working for you before buying extra sessions.

Also -- your hair should shed about a week after treatment. Don't be fobbed off by them telling you that some peoples hairs don't shed.

If you have any questions, you can PM me if you want

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement