Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Take Me Out - Irish Version [ATTN: Please read Mod Note in OP)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

leggo wrote: »
    Jarren wrote: »
    What's wrong with Limerick accent?

Nawthin, sure it's only gorgeous!

i'd thank your post leggo, only there's nawthin daycent about the lim'rick citaay knackcent, always just makes me want to shred my ears in a blender! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,781 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

xsiborg wrote: »
    i'd thank your post leggo, only there's nawthin daaaaaycent about the lim'rick citaay knackcent, always just makes me want to shred my ears in a blender! :(

FYP.

The irony is the girls giving out about the accent had almost indecipherable accents themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,240 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

donfers wrote: »
    every now and then, a thread will pop up on boards.ie having a pop at Irish women and how the behave in nightclubs/dating scenarios, their insecurities, lack of grace/elegance, little interest in the big issues, being a bit dull, bland, superficial etc etc

the debate usually gets heated and the guy gets called bitter, sexist, misogynist etc by the right-on internet posse - but this show really is horrifying evidence that internet guy x may just be onto something, I'm just glad I'm out of that

I will concede however that the format of the show makes it incredibly difficult for any lady to seem half-way interesting/classy etc. but the British show certainly paints their ladies in a better light, they seem funnier and more at ease with themselves and up for a laugh which is strange because that's what we are supposed to be famous for

therefore could it be said we are just not suited to the tv genre and our sense of craic and gift of the gab just doesn't translate to tv, our ladies are too self-conscious, too low on confidence, too insecure to let their real personalities shine through.....i'd also suggest that the casting directors haven't done a great job or perhaps we just have less of that show-off eager for attention mindset that others have...or maybe just maybe I am taking all this far too seriously and reading too much into what is essentially a low-brow piece of tv junk

I know some people are blaming this on editing but if you say something mean and something nice you can't claim editing if there are so many mean comments. You need to be very naive if you think you can go on one of these shows and say what’s being said and then expect people to have a favourable opinion of you.
    The number of blackouts also seem very high. If this is only a bit of a laugh why would the guys not get a sympathy vote? If there was girl up there I don't think I could let her have a blackout unless there was something really weird about her. It just seems so humiliating.

have a look at the take me out UK thread, seriously, this whole 'only irish girls do blackouts' is pure nonsense, how many times did it come down to one or two girls, even for that 'golden adonis' they had on it?

and then there IS that reversal where the guy gets to turn the girl's lights out, but some posters seem to be forgetting about that one.

sure i didnt think think the guy from limerick the other night when he walked out to 'horse outside' i expected there'd be a mass turnout of lights, because that whole 'limerick knack' nonsense is just so, so overdone in the media and is nothing like limerick in general. surprisingly enough, only ONE girl turned out her light because of the song.

then he did some football tricks and i thought 'i dont care how good looking he is, the football tricks is pure cheese, blackout surely', but no, he STILL went on to the last round, where HE had his choice of girls, and the humiliated head on the one he didnt pick, honestly cant say i was surprised myself, i'd have chosen the girl he picked too! :)

but just on the whole accents and the girl from dublin who made the comment that he was a bogger, that really shouldn't surprise anyone around these forums, sure to anyone in AH, 'town' is always dublin, and it wouldnt be the first time i've heard a girl from dublin refer to anywhere outside the city as bogger country (personally found it amusing myself, but that's just me, i suppose given the fact i actually AM a bogger from the midlands! :D).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,240 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

I think the Irish one is well ahead of the English one on blackouts, four out of five in the first episode. The guys also don't have a go at the girls when they turn off her light.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Now wonder the guy from Limerich had a pick ,he was gorgeous. Of course we cant judge him for being a Chelsea fan;)

Stupid, i dont fancy him at all.

... breaking bits of wood :rolleyes:
    "I'll protect ye" lol

good lookin chap, but jesus the karate demo was like pulling teeth... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭el diablo

There was a split down the middle of those plastic things he was breaking. Anyone could have smashed them. :rolleyes:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭if832uspx4eogt

Them planks of wood were already broke in half you could clearly see that :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

He seems sound though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭supernova84

Poor lad getting rejected by dat pack

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭niallk

Was that Cora one not in the last series?

Hey mister irelande.

niallk wrote: »
    Was that Cora one not in the last series?

........... even all the tides since :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭if832uspx4eogt

The only one I remotely like is the 2nd one from the left.

.............must get suit dry cleaned :pac:

i can see this going horribly wrong... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

xsiborg wrote: »
    i can see this going horribly wrong... :D

Frackin' hell. Not far wrong! 26 turned their lights off!

• Advertisement

Agus Sharon ni bhlaoilan

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭trixie_belle12

bless his heart - he's sweating buckets:D

Ive never seen him out in clon. Dont fancy him anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,781 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I'm sure he loves their cabáiste....

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭VagnerLove

Haha, exactly what I was thinking

Pigeon Irish more like!

Thought I can't talk...at least I've an excuse!! :D

That Beth girl is gettin way too much air time, hope somebody just takes her out(as in a sniper)

You can tell they dont really know much Irish except that girl.
    Its a joke, our national language bandying it about like a novelty. Morons.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭trixie_belle12

there it is...

• Advertisement

Poor f*cker!

He starts speaking Irish and plays the sax and they all turn their lights off. :confused:

Cathy has a lovely face. :o

"When the Saints go over there.....OH OVER THERE!"

Advertisement