Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Take Me Out - Irish Version [ATTN: Please read Mod Note in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,381 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

LollieB25 wrote: »
    And as I've said in previous posts I still have to witness a male contestant be ridiculed as much as any of the female contestants that take part in the show.

All that has been said about the girls is that they are ugly, fat, untouchable basically and how where they even allowed on the show.

Please tell me how this is a fine way to treat a person ?? I'm sorry but I witnessed most of the shows first hand and never at any point did a female contestant feel the need to verbally abuse the guys the way that seems to go on in this thread.

There were comments made on here thats true about the womens appearance but the difference is it is an internet forum, comments arent being made to people directly and to the best of my knowledge no specific person was singled out for comment. Compare that to being told as someone was told on the first night of this season that "he talked like a farmer". So what way do farmers talk and is there anything wrong with being one or is that profession beneath the women.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭LollieB25

There were comments made on here thats true about the womens appearance but the difference is it is an internet forum, comments arent being made to people directly and to the best of my knowledge no specific person was singled out for comment. Compare that to being told as someone was told on the first night of this season that "he talked like a farmer". So what way do farmers talk and is there anything wrong with being one or is that profession beneath the women.

So what you are saying is if someone isn't attractive enough in your opinion it's perfectly fine to say it once you don't mention any names exactly!!! Or is this only OK because it's an on-line forum ?? It's still pretty insulting whether you say it to someone's face or on-line.

Eh he talks like a farmer doesn't necessarily mean it's the profession more the accent and some people just don't like a country accent.

This is hardly the same as generalising all the girls on this years panel as ugly. In fact many comments were made about Tina's appearance if you go back in the thread so a contestant has already been singled out. I have no doubt that as the series goes on the comments will probably get more personal and even more insulting.

So what you are saying is if someone isn't attractive enough in your opinion it's perfectly fine to say it once you don't mention any names exactly!!! Or is this only OK because it's an on-line forum ?? It's still pretty insulting whether you say it to someone's face or on-line.

Eh he talks like a farmer doesn't necessarily mean it's the profession more the accent and some people just don't like a country accent.

This is hardly the same as generalising all the girls on this years panel as ugly. In fact many comments were made about Tina's appearance if you go back in the thread so a contestant has already been singled out. I have no doubt that as the series goes on the comments will probably get more personal and even more insulting.

Never said that the comments were ok but i still dont think its the same as saying it straight to someones face. And if someone doesnt like an accent thats fair enough but it can be phrased differently. My father was a farmer and his accent was no worse than anyone elses.

Never said that the comments were ok but i still dont think its the same as saying it straight to someones face. And if someone doesnt like an accent thats fair enough but it can be phrased differently. My father was a farmer and his accent was no worse than anyone elses.

It's still hurtful whether you are saying it to their face or not. Also you have to remember the show is edited and the girl could have said something else along with that comment but that's all that made it to air.

I remember many of the girls saying 'sorry your just not my type, I'm sure your a lovely guy though' I can bet that none of this is going to make it onto the tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Look, any lads trying to make a point in this thread your fighting a losing battle! Just look at every time you get responded to, that post will have thanks from the same people!

The end of the day, this show puts one guy in front of 30 women who then pass judgement!

Of course, the argument is being thrown out there every time that it only looks bad cause it's edited that way, well that defence doesn't really mean much, the bad comments/put downs are still being made by the women when they are aware that the may be seen on TV!

Then if you are pass comment about the quality of the girls that gets argued, even though it's a very valid point IMO!

There is no winning here, people are willing defend certain aspects way too much, especially some who have a stake in the show!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

jesus this thread descends further and further into the realms of the farcical and nit picking and airing of insecurities, we're now down to commenting on accents!

well im not originally from limerick, im originally from laois, and when i first came down here, the sharpness of the limerick accent used make me want to shred my ears in a blender!

i'd listen to a dublin accent all night, but the cork and kerry accents still just goes through me, they're so sharp!

unfortunately it seems as my wife has pointed out to me, i seem to have picked up a bit of the limerick 'waaah', so mix that in with my laois bogger accent, and i tend to get some strange looks when i open my mouth as people try to place the accent! :D

xsiborg wrote: »
    jesus this thread descends further and further into the realms of the farcical and nit picking and airing of insecurities, we're now down to commenting on accents!

well im not originally from limerick, im originally from laois, and when i first came down here, the sharpness of the limerick accent used make me want to shred my ears in a blender!

i'd listen to a dublin accent all night, but the cork and kerry accents still just goes through me, they're so sharp!

unfortunately it seems as my wife has pointed out to me, i seem to have picked up a bit of the limerick 'waaah', so mix that in with my laois bogger accent, and i tend to get some strange looks when i open my mouth as people try to place the accent! :D

Im not sure why you are quoting me. Did i sound insecure to you?

kmart6 wrote: »
    Look, any lads trying to make a point in this thread your fighting a losing battle! Just look at every time you get responded to, that post will have thanks from the same people!

The end of the day, this show puts one guy in front of 30 women who then pass judgement!

Of course, the argument is being thrown out there every time that it only looks bad cause it's edited that way, well that defence doesn't really mean much, the bad comments/put downs are still being made by the women when they are aware that the may be seen on TV!

Then if you are pass comment about the quality of the girls that gets argued, even though it's a very valid point IMO!

There is no winning here, people are willing defend certain aspects way too much, especially some who have a stake in the show!

Very valid point there kmart I was just thinking that myself and god forbid any contestant may actually try and stick up for themselves at some point that's just not allowed :rolleyes:

Im not sure why you are quoting me. Did i sound insecure to you?

well, quite frankly, i was commenting on both posts, not 'just' yours, (the 'attack the post, not the poster' ideology), but since you asked me the question directly, i think it'd be unfair for me to make an assumption of your personality based on one post alone.

since you chose to take issue with my post though, seeing it as a direct attack on you personally, then yes, that does indicate to me a tendency toward insecurity.

i would hope you wouldn't take this personally as it is merely my opinion and you did ask me the question directly.

Very valid point there kmart I was just thinking that myself and god forbid any contestant may actually try and stick up for themselves at some point that's just not allowed

How is it sticking up for yourself when you or anybody here has not been singled out?!

• Advertisement

Very valid point there kmart I was just thinking that myself and god forbid any contestant may actually try and stick up for themselves at some point that's just not allowed

How is it sticking up for yourself when you or anybody here has not been singled out?!

hmm, not quite true though that kmart, is it? look back on your own posts a few pages back in the thread.

hmm, not quite true though that kmart, is it? look back on your own posts a few pages back in the thread.

Here's every post belonging to me in this thread....
    Stop exaggerating!
    My comment was in relation to the above! You put yourself in a position to be judged by anybody who may see the show so your response was OTT!

No I wasn't on the show, if you looked at my location that would have answered your question :p! Even if I was at home there is no way I would put myself in a position where 30 girls/women could ridicule me without any form of censor or consideration when I believe a lot of them are acting highly above their station!

You can't generalise like that! I know 4 girls that are on it this year and the utter tripe they were coming out with about it on FB, along with what seemed to be the majority of the rest of the 'contestants' was atrocious! Then the obligatory 'OMG....so embarrassed to be in the paper and on TV lolz' 'TMO was soooooooooooooo much fun with my girlies xoxoxox...who needs the guys'

For a lot of them, the whole shoe comes across as a cry for attention!
    Don't try and play the martyr! How is any of what I said kicking you while your 'down'?!
    That's just being somewhat naive though!

If you had your fun that's all that matters! But if you feel you'd be affected by criticism and can't take it you'd be best off not looking here! As has been said by the guy who was on the show and blogged about it, he wished he had stayed away from online stuff due to the stuff that can be said!

Argument could be made for anyone who calls it entertainment has bigger issues!

There has not been a barrage of abuse directed at any individual posters in this thread! People have expressed opinions about the appearance of some of the 'contestants', which the Mods have said is not to be done!

But it's ok for them to ridicule the male 'contestants'? You'll counter that with they put themselves in that position, yet they don't get the right opportunity to counter what the girls say, generally getting cut off! If you put yourself in the public, especially on a show like this like they have, you need to be thick skinned and be able to take any criticism that may come with it, if not then you shouldn't have gone near it!

To me, its the guys who are they brave one's, they're the one's being judged, the girls don't have to face that!

Why is it that you feel you have to stick up for the female poster who was on the show here?! You say the guys, not everyone of them has posted here, the one guy who did blog about it had a positive experience, that doesn't mean they all had the same experience, so don't generalise!
    You may point out to me where I said the girls are 'so horrible'...otherwise what are you on about?!
    Well good on you if you didn't! If you don't like the generalisation, then don't assume that all guys come out of it ok, I'm sure a lot of them who get blackouts can be affected by it, especially if they had low enough confidence to begin with!

Yes I do, but lets be realistic, there's been more blackouts over situations where that has happened!

If that is you trying to refer to me, 5 posts(including this one) does not make someone a serial poster on something! I have made my observations about something, as have others, and because you don't like it you've gone on the defensive straight away, with an us against the world attitude!
    That's a fantastic attitude, people don't agree with you and you don't like their opinion so you try and belittle them...fair play!
    Didn't take it personally, never would, unlike some, nobody should take anything personal on a forum where people are unidentifiable!

I commented on your point because you passed comment that you were grateful for the ignore button because of people's mentality, where you said it's a persons opinion and they don't care if you want to here it or not, everyone is entitled to their own opinion here, just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean you can try and insinuate that they are being stubborn over it!

Point out to me where I have singled out someone who did not identify themselves as being a 'contestant' on the show, or where I openly abused an individual where they would have to be in a position to defend themselves?!

no, i will not point out to you what you obviously fail to see for yourself in your own posts.

that, for me at least, would be wasting my time- i cant do any better than re-posting your own posts, and any further attempt at debate would just create another circular argument.

and i think if nothing else we can agree on kmart, surely at least we can agree that there has been enough back and forth already and that its time to move the discussion along.

well, quite frankly, i was commenting on both posts, not 'just' yours, (the 'attack the post, not the poster' ideology), but since you asked me the question directly, i think it'd be unfair for me to make an assumption of your personality based on one post alone.

since you chose to take issue with my post though, seeing it as a direct attack on you personally, then yes, that does indicate to me a tendency toward insecurity.

i would hope you wouldn't take this personally as it is merely my opinion and you did ask me the question directly.

No im quite happy with who i am so im not insecure and no i wouldnt ever take anything personal that is said to me in a internet forum. And as i said before i dont agree with comments about the womens appearance, its not a nice thing to say to anyone. If we all agreed on everything on here it would be a fairly boring place.

no, i will not point out to you what you obviously fail to see for yourself in your own posts.

that, for me at least, would be wasting my time- i cant do any better than re-posting your own posts, and any further attempt at debate would just create another circular argument.

and i think if nothing else we can agree on kmart, surely at least we can agree that there has been enough back and forth already and that its time to move the discussion along.
    So you insinuate that I singled someone out people with my posts then can't actually show where it happened! Cop out really!

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Phat Cat

lol @ the posters trying to compare Irish women to Scandinavian women :D You would only every read delusional stuff like this here on boards and what makes it even more ironic is that it's being posted in this particular thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Seomra Mushie

Phat Cat wrote: »
    lol @ the posters trying to compare Irish women to Scandinavian women :D You would only every read delusional stuff like this here on boards and what makes it even more ironic is that it's being posted in this particular thread.

Oh hai!

TBH, didn't really see anyone saying Irish wimminz trumped Scandanavian, just that there was slight exaggeration of the beauty of the women in the linked video. Which there was.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,582 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

"He's not born yet and his mother is dead",
    that's who is good enough for these fussy women.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Hes cute! Come on like

eternal wrote: »
    Hes cute! Come on like
    Nicer than cute

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,544 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Like no one would guess who was the pole dancer :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,830 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Tina looked offended for not being picked. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

"They are a rough auld bunch out there"!! LOL

Tina looked offended for not being picked. :pac:
    It must be rough to be dissed on national television. Id die anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Id take tina out wow wa wee waw

The one he picked seemed nice.

good lookin guy gets a date "shocker"... :P

interesting though the way tina herself described herself as a stripper last week, and this week foley said she was a pole dancer, there's a world of difference between a pole dancer and a stripper who dances with a pole! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,582 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

wow- hot stuff.
    I'll have him. wuffffffffff

msthe80s wrote: »
    wow- hot stuff.
    I'll have him. wuffffffffff

definitely the standard of guys this week has picked up! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,544 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Voltwad wrote: »
    Keep an eye out for episode three Liz ;)

Have u been on yet?

Advertisement