Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible Cold Reload

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭boatbuilder

*crying*
    I have <snip> sitting on my living room floor..... (been making them since November)
    <snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

normally i would cheer at hearing snow possible, but i have exams next week, can it come on friday instead :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

ohhhh... they look fantastic, like something Mr Mountains would love,

(don't nobody dash Mammy's hopes :mad:)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRgkhOp5sIKRiJU6R_VC98J7S9APN1XLJ9g0ml4IxWzhN3fkZjo

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭boatbuilder

Unfortunately I think its against the rules for me to advertise here, so I can't tell ya :)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,463 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I'm flying out to Ansterdam next Friday, so hopefully nothing hits here for then! The outlook is -11 for Amsterdam, with a windchill of -20....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭fizzycyst

Unfortunately I think its against the rules for me to advertise here, so I can't tell ya :)
    <snip>
    Adverts.ie is the place for this talk not here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

I should have <snip>.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭weatherfiend

Wow wow wow they are fab. Well done. We had one just like that made by my grandfather when we were small. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

:o
    I want snow!!!! Please pleAse
    No snow no fun and from what I gather we ain't going to see any snow :( so let's look forward to the summer ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

It is forbidden to advertise on this forum. Please stop all talk or risk ban

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭rilz

HAHA I love the UK NEWS - They get 2cm of snow and it is the biggest news story of all time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭fizzycyst

fizzycyst wrote: »
    <snip>
    Adverts.ie is the place for this talk not here.

Bit harsh I would have thought, it now looks like I was advertising something, which I wasn't!

But each moderator to their own discretion I guess :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

M25 not closed by Snow next to Heathrow right now. Flying should be a possibility...to say the least. :)

_ppgi_UN_~31114914~0.jpg

_ppgi_UN_~31114903~0.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

Bournemouth.....

_58297741_akz5xsdcqae978m.jpg

Meanwhile, here in Dublin it's 5C after a drizzly day. (Max 9.7C)

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mothel

It's gone ominously quiet on both threads this morning, has it all changed for the worst overnight??:(

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭doccy

mothel wrote: »
    It's gone ominously quiet on both threads this morning, has it all changed for the worst overnight??:(

I think the GFS is having its periodic wobble, but to my untrained eye, there is no significant downgrade. Cold isn't going anywhere. Met Eireann are saying it will get colder from Wednesday on.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,077 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

rilz wrote: »
    HAHA I love the UK NEWS - They get 2cm of snow and it is the biggest news story of all time!

Well more than 2cm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭kkontour

redsunset wrote: »
    SUMMARY:  So if you’re in Scotland and Ireland unfortunately continued to expect milder, grey and damp conditions, whilst for many areas of England and Wales it’s more of the same!…Cold, predominantly dry (especially after Monday) and crisp with moderate or severe frosts by night and with temperatures depressed by day despite some bright or sunny spells.

Boooo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

blackius wrote: »
    Thats is perilously close.

but still no cigar.. :p

RTE 1 Farming forecast for the week ahead coming up in a few mins.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭blackius

Anyone got a you tube link to todays country tracks forecast aswell,I missed it.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Anyone got a you tube link to todays country tracks forecast aswell,I missed it.

No country tracks today that I'm aware of, the farming forecast on Countryfile is the only one today. Likely to be more accurate too, noticed some significant differences between tracks and file the last few weeks :D

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Here you go blackius :)

EDIT: Don't know whether it's countryfile or country tracks forecast..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Reasonable farming forecast - much colder from Wednesday onwards with temperatures by the weekend struggling to get beyond 2-4c by day and frosty by night. However, it will be settled with high pressure right over us.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Not a great BBC forcast for us, rain towards the end of the week by the looks of things and yet again Ireland in the only mild warm air in northern europe most of the week.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

yea saw the forecast too, very little in the way of rain/sleet or snow for eastern parts this week, mostly cold, sunny and frost by night. Basically almost identical to the 2 cold days we had last week. Perhaps turning milder by next weekend in Ireland while the rest of Europe remains in bitterly cold conditions.

Those forecasts are only as reliable as the models these days so not very.
    Lets see towards thursday where the high pressure looks like settling.
    Siobhan courtesy of the ecm had it over scandi and immediately exiting there in just one day to set up shop in Ireland.
    That looks too peculiar to me.

latest thoughts from Simon Keeling

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Gonzo wrote: »
    yea saw the forecast too, very little in the way of rain/sleet or snow for eastern parts this week, mostly cold, sunny and frost by night. Basically almost identical to the 2 cold days we had last week. Perhaps turning milder by next weekend in Ireland while the rest of Europe remains in bitterly cold conditions.

Maybe I was watching a different forecast to yourself, But she didnt mention it getting milder next weekend, it was the opposite getting colder, but that is just to far out at the moment anything could happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Gonzo wrote: »

If you're talking about the Irish farming forecast on RTE that's not true at all. There was no hint of it getting milder towards next weekend, the opposite in fact.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement