Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible Cold Reload

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

100s of flights already cancelled at heathrow? Why is this? snow is only as far as wales, midlands at moment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭blackius

snaps wrote: »
    100s of flights already cancelled at heathrow? Why is this? snow is only as far as wales, midlands at moment?
    Mostly flights to european airports that are already shut due to snow
    Quite cloudy and very cold now by the way here in central london and the council staff have all the paths gritted even before it starts.Now thats effeciency :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,990 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

All the decent racing abandoned in England today, So there is a downside to it all!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Fluffycloud

Bring on the snow!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

dacogawa wrote: »
    It's a long way off but this has to be just wishful thinking, doesn't it ?

gfs-2012020406-1-162.png?6

Not wishful at all. Just FI

I think we may see this get downgraded tomorrow. Models have not been great this year predicting the cold past 96hrs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Is their any chance of us getting some snow in Ireland???? Listening to all the football reporters talking about snow getting heavier in uk has me felling left out a bit now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Charts are graphical representations of numerical fields, whether man- or computer generated. Sponge Bob's comments are wrong.

And the UKMO Fax charts go out to 120 hours, and used to go to 144.

12_UKMet_Boden+120.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

The front looks like it has come to a complete stop in the Uk! ... Temps should start dipping again from now so more snow should be coming down on top of freezing rain ! ... #slippyness

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

Looking at the football games that are in the midlands - Birmingham, Stoke, etc and the snow is belting down, sticking on heated football pitches and making me feel very left out.

Lots of rain here in North Dublin instead of snow and I'm getting very grumpy about it. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,013 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

dfbemt wrote: »
    Looking at the football games that are in the midlands - Birmingham, Stoke, etc and the snow is belting down, sticking on heated football pitches and making me feel very left out.

Lots of rain here in North Dublin instead of snow and I'm getting very grumpy about it. :mad:

Snow depression ! Im off to the pub to drown my sorrows shortly !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭ZX7R

t|nt|n wrote: »
    Snow depression ! Im off to the pub to drown my sorrows shortly !
    Be carefull you dont drown in the rain ,before you get to the pub:D

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭mcriot29

t|nt|n wrote: »
    UKMO wants to join the party now too !

UW144-21_cyc1.GIF

GFS at same time frame

gfs-2012020412-0-144_nwa9.png
    Just of skype to joe b , ireland watch out from the 15th on could be worse then 2010 .nao plungs from 15th on ao too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭hotwhiskey

Gem at 138hs

gem-0-138.png?12

144hrs

gem-0-144.png?12

I think the GEM is out forming the GFS this winter so this looks good with the UKMO going in the same direction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

mcriot29 wrote: »
    Just of skype to joe b , ireland watch out from the 15th on could be worse then 2010 .nao plungs from 15th on ao too

Alright mate. Wheres the best place to follow Joe B. I go onto his Facebook and follow him there. Has he a dedicated site just for europe do you know?

I,m tired of going through google for scraps of information.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭howlinwolf

if the gfs and ukmo and other models are starting to agree on an easterly/north easterly sometime in the second half of next week where do met eireann get there model runs from ... is it just one source or is it a bit of all the models as they dont totally agree on second half of next week?... :confused:

End of next week: Dry, settled weather with just light breezes as an anticyclone is expected to build over Ireland. Temperatures around normal with some sharp night frosts and fog patches also

howlinwolf wrote: »
    if the gfs and ukmo and other models are starting to agree on an easterly/north easterly sometime in the second half of next week where do met eireann get there model runs from ... is it just one source or is it a bit of all the models as they dont totally agree on second half of next week?... :confused:

End of next week: Dry, settled weather with just light breezes as an anticyclone is expected to build over Ireland. Temperatures around normal with some sharp night frosts and fog patches also

Mainly the ECM, The 12z ECM run is coming out at 6 so if it also shows an easterly they may mention the risk of it tomorrow.

Not sure if right thread for this so apologies in advance.

sorry if this is not the right thread but where can i see the ecm at 6pm ....thank from a newbie

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Kippure wrote: »
    Alright mate. Wheres the best place to follow Joe B. I go onto his Facebook and follow him there. Has he a dedicated site just for europe do you know?

I,m tired of going through google for scraps of information.

:)

Twitter is best place to find him , mind you he talks some amount of rubish

https://twitter.com/#!/BigJoeBastardi

personally its very hard for me to get excited about anything the models are showing because they have been all over the place this winter......the ukmo is prob the best of a bad lot.... so far

• Registered Users Posts: 9,448 ✭✭✭weisses

Fingers crossed for that spring-like February with lots of dry and rather mild weather to kick in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

weisses wrote: »
    Fingers crossed for that spring-like February with lots of dry and rather mild weather to kick in

Its not looking like that at the moment, Could be cold and dry, Enjoy the next few days of mild weather:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

ECMWF, UKMO, GME, Hirlam, Harmonie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

It was snowing across the highest peaks of the wicklow mountains this morning. There was still alot of ice around on the roads. To me the cold spell hasnt gone away. Its waiting, lurking, ready to strike us when the models least expect it...be warned....:D

Twitter is best place to find him , mind you he talks some amount of rubish

https://twitter.com/#!/BigJoeBastardi

He sure does. Very rarely mentions europe if that's what anyone is looking for and 50-60% of his posts are about college football, the other 40% about global warming.

personally its very hard for me to get excited about anything the models are showing because they have been all over the place this winter......the ukmo is prob the best of a bad lot.... so far

I'm the same its like every week theirs NEW potential for snowy conditions on ire only for it to all go pear shaped in latter charts :(

Met eireann giving dry weds and Thurs with temps of 7-9 . :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

jo06555 wrote: »
    Met eireann giving dry weds and Thurs with temps of 7-9 . :(

Have you not learned anything from watching this forum ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Could be dry next sat and sun too...but with temps of -7 to-9 instead.

Folks is if want your snow Fix , turn on the City V Fulham game now , its absolutely bucketing it down now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭whatsamsn

(i am a noobie to the weather forums)

Was just watching the news and every where is getting hit. Surely the snow is coming right?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement