Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible Cold Reload

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

Whos your Daddy..... Greenland highS mys DADDY...:eek:

ech1192a.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

Folks is if want your snow Fix , turn on the City V Fulham game now , its absolutely bucketing it down now

Looks worse at the Birmingham v Southampton game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

Anyone have a link to the AO and NAO forecasts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

jo06555 wrote: »
    Met eireann giving dry weds and Thurs with temps of 7-9 . :(

Have you not learned anything from watching this forum ;)

Well in recent weeks iv learned met eireann to be more precise while not getting my hopes up either ;) wow I'm so jealous watching the city game snow very heavy

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

jo06555 wrote: »
    Well in recent weeks iv learned met eireann to be more precise while not getting my hopes up either ;)

Well they only go on the charts before them , so when the charts change on nearly every run so will there forecast ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Well they only go on the charts before them , so when the charts change on nearly every run so will there forecast ;)

That's not true. Met Éireann will use their intuition and knowledge foremost, and will even disregard models if they feel they're wrong. Models are only one tool in a forecaster's job - they don't have to use them if they don't need to.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Daniel2590 wrote: »
    Anyone have a link to the AO and NAO forecasts?

end of page are refs

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arctic_oscillation

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭eigrod

bensmith Times Ben Smith

At a standstill on M62 nr Manchester. Snow everywhere. There's a road under there somewhere. http://pic.twitter.com/4LiEtcvd

Ak1PKh3CAAATcKM.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

ecmt850240holycrap.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This is nearly Identical to december 2010. Thats what delivered all our snow.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Su Campu wrote: »
    That's not true. Met Éireann will use their intuition and knowledge foremost, and will even disregard models if they feel they're wrong. Models are only one tool in a forecaster's job - they don't have to use them if they don't need to.

In fairness when Jean Byrne was doing here forecast 2 and a half weeks ago calling for -8temps on a Friday night , the forecast swung every-which way on each run of the models, as did there online forecasts.

It seems when there is uncertainty in the models there is uncertainty in there forecasts or am I completely wide of the mark ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

Sponge Bob wrote: »

Found them already but thanks :)

Su ,

what do you think of the chances are of getting a flight into London Heathrow tomorrow departing dublin @ 10.20 ,

Couple of the lads heading over to the game .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Heathrow ok in snow but stansted ....no.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Looking interesting for Wednesday as a band of rain. which is forecast to move into the west during the early hours of the morning, moves across the country. As it does it seems to stall over Eastern areas as it comes up against the colder air over britain, before being pushed back west. Good chance of some wintry stuff over high ground in the east at first, and a chance at lower levels as it gets pushed back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Su ,

what do you think of the chances are of getting a flight into London Heathrow tomorrow departing dublin @ 10.20 ,

Couple of the lads heading over to the game .

Hmmmmm.....

EGLL 041704Z 0418/0524 16010KT 8000 SCT018 BKN035
    TEMPO 0418/0420 4000 -SN BKN012
    BECMG 0420/0423 1200 SN BKN002
    TEMPO 0422/0504 0500 +SN VV///
    BECMG 0505/0508 VRB04KT 3000 BR BKN005
    PROB30 0505/0510 BKN001
    TEMPO 0510/0516 6000 NSW SCT006
    PROB40 0519/0524 0600 FZFG VV///

Heavy snow up to around 4 am. Could take a few hours to clear runways, then backlog, cancellations, etc.....I'd say 70:30 it could be delayed.

Disclaimer: This information should not be used for football trip planning purposes. Always check with your airline before travelling to the airport. Su Campu will not be held liable for any loss caused through following this info!

Su Campu wrote: »
    Hmmmmm.....

EGLL 041704Z 0418/0524 16010KT 8000 SCT018 BKN035
    TEMPO 0418/0420 4000 -SN BKN012
    BECMG 0420/0423 1200 SN BKN002
    TEMPO 0422/0504 0500 +SN VV///
    BECMG 0505/0508 VRB04KT 3000 BR BKN005
    PROB30 0505/0510 BKN001
    TEMPO 0510/0516 6000 NSW SCT006
    PROB40 0519/0524 0600 FZFG VV/// Heavy snow up to around 4 am. Could take a few hours to clear runways, then backlog, cancellations, etc.....I'd say 70:30 it could be delayed.

Disclaimer: This information should not be used for football trip planning purposes. Always check with your airline before travelling to the airport. Su Campu will not be held liable for any loss caused through following this info!

Cheers Su ,

Love the disclaimer :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

For those a little lost when we talk AO /NAO ,height rises and what we would like to see here is a good link I posted in Strat Warm thread for you to read

http://www.nc-climate.ncsu.edu/climate/patterns/NAO.html

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

redsunset wrote: »
    For those a little lost when we talk AO /NAO ,height rises and what we would like to see here is a good link I posted in Strat Warm thread for you to read

http://www.nc-climate.ncsu.edu/climate/patterns/NAO.html

Very well explained, thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭eigrod

IWO Tweet :
    iweatheronlineIrish Weather Online
    See our latest snow forecasts for the UK airports here. http://bit.ly/zd134L #IWO Check with your airline for the latest info before travel

This is a summary of the latest TAFs for some of the main UK airports, valid from 6 pm today to midnight tomorrow. Snow threatens many delays and cancellations, as it will take some hours after snow stops to get schedules back to normal. Check with your airline for the latest info on your flight.

LONDON
    Heathrow - Heavy snow up to 4 am.
    Gatwick - Heavy snow up to 2 am.
    Luton - Heavy snow up to 5 am.
    Stansted - Heavy snow up to 5 am. Chance of freezing fog throughout the day.
    City - No forecast issued

BIRMINGHAM
    heavy snow up to 10 pm tonight. Chance of freezing fog up to 10 am tomorrow.

MANCHESTER
    Airport currently closed due to snow and freezing rain. Moderate snow and freezing rain up to 8 pm tonight.

EAST MIDLANDS
    Airport closed due to snow. Heavy snow to 10 pm. Chancve of freezing fog and 300 m visibility to 10 am.

LIVERPOOL
    No snow. Chance of freezing fog and 300 m visibility up to 10 am.

SOUTHAMPTON
    Moderate snow to 9 pm, turning to rain thereafter.

LEEDS BRADFORD
    Moderate snow to 10 pm. Chance of freezing rain to 11 pm.

http://weatheire.yolasite.com

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

First time on here since last years snow, looking forward to getting lots of snow from Wednesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭mcriot29

First time on here since last years snow, looking forward to getting lots of snow from Wednesday.
    Jonjo unless your in uk i wouldent think you willsee any snow from wed maybe around 15 th if where lucky nao will drop then

• Registered Users Posts: 5,990 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

You came at the right time, You've missed a lot of heart break and tantrums!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭mayfly757

Currently on a bus to east midlands due diversion to Manchester all airports badly hit over here , motorway just passable -3 and a lot of snowfall , at least half a foot , truck on

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭whataboutnow

mayfly757 wrote: »
    Currently on a bus to east midlands due diversion to Manchester all airports badly hit over here , motorway just passable -3 and a lot of snowfall , at least half a foot , truck on

I seen it on tv,in fairness it looked no more than 2inches.People often exaggerate snow depth.maybe it's different where you are so I apologize if I'm wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭mayfly757

mayfly757 wrote: »

I seen it on tv,in fairness it looked no more than 2inches.People often exaggerate snow depth.maybe it's different where you are so I apologize if I'm wrong

Yep just been out in it at service stop near stoke at least 5 to 6 inches that's why the airports are closed

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭cyclops999

RTE weather after 9 o clock news forcaster was pretty direct in saying severe frosts returning from Wednesday onwards, is this the start of the reload.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

cyclops999 wrote: »
    RTE weather after 9 o clock news forcaster was pretty direct in saying severe frosts returning from Wednesday onwards, is this the start of the reload.:confused:

Yes it would appear things are going to cool down anyway, we will more than likely either being under High Pressure or a light easterly flow.

Although still a 30% chance of mild.

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭K_1

cyclops999 wrote: »
    is this the start of the reload.:confused:

As far as we're concerned at the moment, it is the reload - frost is all thats in store for us at the moment, without the slightest hint of snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭geetar

its seems a bit more then 2. even still 2 inches is considerable for a single snow fall. its down for then night in the uk and will be considerably more then 2 in a lot of places.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Fluffycloud

:o
    I want snow!!!! Please pleAse

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement