Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Take Me Out - Irish Version [ATTN: Please read Mod Note in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Dee32

Well actually 88 of us from the show have formed a private facebook group. We chat every day, sort out nights out a couple of times a week and we call each other TMO family... so come here, if the girls where so horrible, how could this be going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Dee32 wrote: »
    Well actually 88 of us from the show have formed a private facebook group. We chat every day, sort out nights out a couple of times a week and we call each other TMO family... so come here, if the girls where so horrible, how could this be going on?
    You may point out to me where I said the girls are 'so horrible'...otherwise what are you on about?!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭LollieB25

kmart6 wrote: »
    But it's ok for them to ridicule the male 'contestants'? You'll counter that with they put themselves in that position, yet they don't get the right opportunity to counter what the girls say, generally getting cut off! If you put yourself in the public, especially on a show like this like they have, you need to be thick skinned and be able to take any criticism that may come with it, if not then you shouldn't have gone near it!

To me, its the guys who are they brave one's, they're the one's being judged, the girls don't have to face that!

Why is it that you feel you have to stick up for the female poster who was on the show here?! You say the guys, not everyone of them has posted here, the one guy who did blog about it had a positive experience, that doesn't mean they all had the same experience, so don't generalise!

So I may as well admit that I am on the show also my episodes haven't been aired as of yet though. This is why I am sticking up for Dee because I understand how she feels.

I know I didn't insult anyone's appearance while on the show and was always very aware of how I would feel if it was me in their position. This is way I don't like the generalisation that all the girls are bitchy.

And you do realise that if the girl leaves her light on and gets rejected that's her getting judged as well!! I did the show for the laugh because I've watched every series and thought it looked like fun.

Unfortunately I wasn't aware of serial posters online which seem to find such enjoyment in verbally abusing people. I will be sure to avoid all forums when my shows air.

LollieB25 wrote: »
    So I may as well admit that I am on the show also my episodes haven't been aired as of yet though. This is why I am sticking up for Dee because I understand how she feels.

I know I didn't insult anyone's appearance while on the show and was always very aware of how I would feel if it was me in their position. This is way I don't like the generalisation that all the girls are bitchy.

Well good on you if you didn't! If you don't like the generalisation, then don't assume that all guys come out of it ok, I'm sure a lot of them who get blackouts can be affected by it, especially if they had low enough confidence to begin with!
    And you do realise that if the girl leaves her light on and gets rejected that's her getting judged as well!! I did the show for the laugh because I've watched every series and thought it looked like fun.

Yes I do, but lets be realistic, there's been more blackouts over situations where that has happened!
    Unfortunately I wasn't aware of serial posters online which seem to find such enjoyment in verbally abusing people. I will be sure to avoid all forums when my shows air.

If that is you trying to refer to me, 5 posts(including this one) does not make someone a serial poster on something! I have made my observations about something, as have others, and because you don't like it you've gone on the defensive straight away, with an us against the world attitude!

Lets be realistic here there have been two episodes so far.......how do you know how many girls get there lights turned off and how many blackouts there are in the entire series.

From all the blackout guys that I have spoken to they seem perfectly fine with what has happened maybe they are just trying to save face I don't know.

And don't think I'm referencing to you when I say serial poster.......I have been keeping an eye on threads and it does seem to be the same people with the hurtful comments.

I am not going to let these comments anger me or make me feel bad about myself because I have enough confidence in myself to know what they say relating to how I look doesn't matter.

The thing I do get angered by is people thinking I am a bitchy person when this is very much not true. You can't judge a personality on what has been edited for tv to go as entertainment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I like the show, But i find the way some of the people on the show criticize the men physically is really nasty, and i just think no wonder your single. And every single one of them is like i want a tall dark and handsome 6ft 10 Irish adonis, When most of those girls are rude condescending vain asshole's with an attitude like that your not going to get anyone and a lot them arent even that good looking anyway.

It really says a lot about irish girl's well mostly Dublin girls i should say they can be so nasty towards the guy after he's put him self out there. I dont know how they get guys on that show they must be paying them a fortune. I do like the way you can some time's see the host's frustration when they black out the guy's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Antomus Prime

Dee32 wrote: »
    Your a sound fella for not being judgemental... fair play to you

Thank you :)
    And as was previously stated even a male contestant that was on the show that got a blackout has nothing but positive things to say about the girls.......why is it then that the general public feel they must stick up for these guys and slate the girls when the guys themselves aren't even doing it ???

Exactly, I've been talking to most of the other guys regularly and we're all in the same boat, you see the biggest factor here that most people neglect to realise is that this show is edited BIG TIME!!! And i'll come back to that in a bit cause its relavent ot a post I'm quoting below.....
    That's just being somewhat naive though!

There has not been a barrage of abuse directed at any individual posters in this thread! People have expressed opinions about the appearance of some of the 'contestants', which the Mods have said is not to be done!

But it's ok for them to ridicule the male 'contestants'? You'll counter that with they put themselves in that position, yet they don't get the right opportunity to counter what the girls say, generally getting cut off! If you put yourself in the public, especially on a show like this like they have, you need to be thick skinned and be able to take any criticism that may come with it, if not then you shouldn't have gone near it!

To me, its the guys who are they brave one's, they're the one's being judged, the girls don't have to face that!

Why is it that you feel you have to stick up for the female poster who was on the show here?! You say the guys, not everyone of them has posted here, the one guy who did blog about it had a positive experience, that doesn't mean they all had the same experience, so don't generalise!

Yes people are still doing it, it needs to stop! And as i said above ive spoken to most of the lads from the show and we all have the same opinion of the girls.... It was a tv show, if you cant stand there and take some negative comments then you shouldnt go on the show. Plain and simple!!!

Dont let them get to you lollie, and dont allow them to prevent you having your say on the nights that your shows air!
    Well good on you if you didn't! If you don't like the generalisation, then don't assume that all guys come out of it ok, I'm sure a lot of them who get blackouts can be affected by it, especially if they had low enough confidence to begin with!

If you have low confidence then again you shouldnt be going on this show, its been on long enough now that people should know what theyre getting themselves in for!!!!
    Lone Stone wrote: »
    I like the show, But i find the way some of the people on the show criticize the men physically is really nasty, and i just think no wonder your single. And every single one of them is like i want a tall dark and handsome 6ft 10 Irish adonis, When most of those girls are rude condescending vain asshole's with an attitude like that your not going to get anyone and a lot them arent even that good looking anyway.

It really says a lot about irish girl's well mostly Dublin girls i should say they can be so nasty towards the guy after he's put him self out there. I dont know how they get guys on that show they must be paying them a fortune. I do like the way you can some time's see the host's frustration when they black out the guy's.

Ok what people NEED to realize here is that all these negative comments that the girls say are literally only HALF of what actually happens on the show. When filming, after each round ray talks to roughly 9 or 10 girls and they have good and bad things to say about the blokes, whether their lights are on or off. But when the show is put on tv they show comments from 2 or maybe 3 girls and 9 out of 10 times theyre negative, because thats what gets the public talking and gets the ratings up!!!!!

So in fairness when its on the tv people are only getting half the story!!!!, yeah some girls have said some bad comments, i got some myslef, But I'm aware that its a GAME!!!!!

Anyway I know that even if some of the negative posters read this it will be forgotten about by the next episode and all the abuse will kick off again but I've said what I want to say and tried to open peoples eyes a bit about how this show works behind the cameras and maybe get some people to lighten up when commenting on the girls and guys for that matter!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

fantastic post Antomus, unfortunately the same posters that constantly criticise the show really wont bother paying it any heed because of the "im entitled to my opinion and i dont care whether you want to hear it or not" mentality.

it's threads like this that im so grateful for the "ignore" button! ;)

xsiborg wrote: »
    fantastic post Antomus, unfortunately the same posters that constantly criticise the show really wont bother paying it any heed because of the "im entitled to my opinion and i dont care whether you want to hear it or not" mentality.

That's a fantastic attitude, people don't agree with you and you don't like their opinion so you try and belittle them...fair play!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

To add a bit of balance to this, most people go on this show for the craic and to get on the telly. These kind of comments are the reasons people watch, it's the human interest factor, so without this kind of discussion there is no show. There's no craic, no being on the TV, no 'feeling like a celeb for a day' or whatever the motivation is for each individual.

Which is why it's best that people involved in these shows either mentally prepare themselves for a slagging or ignore it completely. You don't see Ryan Tubridy 'fighting back' on The Late Late megathread...and he gets every single aspect of his life dissected and torn apart there on a weekly basis.

And yes, it's 100% true that the comments get edited and made to look much worse...because the producers' job is to make a good TV show and these shows don't work when the comments are diplomatic and boring. If you put yourself forward for TV, you have to realise you're entering a new world, you're becoming a 'thing' for the audience to discuss, enjoy, comment on, criticise, judge and play with and are no longer a real person. So their judgements of you are only as legitimate as the edited portrayal of you is as a whole.

It really is that simple though: no, the women aren't as bad as they may come across in a 30-second, edited clip. But, in turn, don't put yourself out there if you can't take the heat. Granted, sometimes people will cross the line and take it too far. But you have to take the rough with the smooth.

• Advertisement

That's a fantastic attitude, people don't agree with you and you don't like their opinion so you try and belittle them...fair play!

i don't belittle anybody kmart, im sorry if you took my post to mean you personally, it wasnt.

you have a total of eight posts in a thread that comprises of 2,920 posts, try not to take every comment so personally.

i don't belittle anybody kmart, im sorry if you took my post to mean you personally, it wasnt.

you have a total of eight posts in a thread that comprises of 2,920 posts, try not to take every comment so personally.
    Didn't take it personally, never would, unlike some, nobody should take anything personal on a forum where people are unidentifiable!

I commented on your point because you passed comment that you were grateful for the ignore button because of people's mentality, where you said it's a persons opinion and they don't care if you want to here it or not, everyone is entitled to their own opinion here, just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean you can try and insinuate that they are being stubborn over it!

Didn't take it personally, never would, unlike some, nobody should take anything personal on a forum where people are unidentifiable!

I commented on your point because you passed comment that you were grateful for the ignore button because of people's mentality, where you said it's a persons opinion and they don't care if you want to here it or not, everyone is entitled to their own opinion here, just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean you can try and insinuate that they are being stubborn over it!

say what now? :confused:

no, i said i was grateful for the ignore button because it allowed me to ignore posters negative criticisms of the show and the contestants, posts that i felt had crossed over the line of critique, into the bounds of the downright disrespectful!

as much as a poster is entitled to their opinion, am i not then just as much entitled to ignore it?

isn't it better that i do this, rather than derail the thread by getting into a one-on-one argument with them?

anyway, even as im typing this, i should be on my way to a meeting at 7 o clock, so as you can see kmart i am more than willing to listen to your opinion, as long as it doesn't descend into a shít-flinging contest that only serves to derail the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,310 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I like to see one week with a reversal i.e. 20 boys to decide :p

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I like to see one week with a reversal i.e. 20 boys to decide :p

the reason that'd never work i'd imagine is because the girl would come out and even if she said she ate onions for breakfast, dinner and tea, STILL- no lights would be turned off! :D

course then when the girl would turn off all the other 29 lights and pick the one guy, all the other guys would be there to each other "we'll get him out the back lads!"... :D

earlier on in the thread alright somebody mentioned they'd all sorts of characters on the dutch version of take me out- gay guys, lesbian girls, transexuals, transgenders, the whole spectrum, lol, a quick youtube gave me this-

and theres even funnier there too i'd imagine! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

fair play to the lads who go on this must take some stones :p

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Dee32

fair play to the lads who go on this must take some stones :p
    And dont forget the Girls... its not easy for them either... Feet where in a jock standing in 5 or 6 inch heels for 10 hours a day. Whole back, and under foot was a giant blister that oozed, shocking pain believe me. Hard for the guys too, but they do 1 show, and didn't see any of them with high heels. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

earlier on in the thread alright somebody mentioned they'd all sorts of characters on the dutch version of take me out- gay guys, lesbian girls, transexuals, transgenders, the whole spectrum, lol, a quick youtube gave me this

I was the 'cretin' who mentioned the Dutch version earlier in the thread ;)

I was actually doing some contract work in Norway recently and watched a few episodes of their version Dagens Mann (it's called Man of the Day in Norway, Sweden, Denmark & Finland). It's exactly the same format and is cheesy as hell (check out the presenter!) but the most striking aspect is the sheer beauty of the vast majority of the contestants with absolutely no fat chicks in sight! It's like the polar opposite of the Irish version.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

Raekwon wrote: »

I was actually doing some contract work in Norway recently and watched a few episodes of their version Dagens Mann (it's called Man of the Day in Norway, Sweden, Denmark & Finland). It's exactly the same format and is cheesy as hell (check out the presenter!) but the most striking aspect is the sheer beauty of the vast majority of the contestants with absolutely no fat chicks in sight! It's like the polar opposite of the Irish version.

I've absolutely no interest in denigrating the Norwegian women, but I think you're exaggerating the gap between them and the Irish/UK contestants. Most of them looked, well, average, to me. This "foreign women are so much better looking" is something I've seen you post a few times before so I think you're biassed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

kmart6 the girls may be putting themselves forward to partake in an entertainment show but I don't feel this should mean they can be ridiculed by anyone who sees fit.

Well you've changed your tune from an earlier post:

"At the end of the day the show is for entertainment......if they were all nice to them would there be anyone talking about the show???

The guys put themselves out there to be judged as well. They don't have enough time to be picked for their personality so a lot is based on how they look and what they are wearing.......most people do the same thing on a night out"

So if the lads get abuse it's just entertainment and if it's the women nobody should be saying anything about them?! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Seomra Mushie

I've absolutely no interest in denigrating the Norwegian women, but I think you're exaggerating the gap between them and the Irish/UK contestants. Most of them looked, well, average, to me. This "foreign women are so much better looking" is something I've seen you post a few times before so I think you're biassed.

Well, looking at that video, he's right about there being no "fat chicks" but yeah, I'd have to agree that it's a slight exaggeration to call it the polar opposite of the Irish version as many of the girls in the video are facially pretty average. So, better bodies in general, yes, better faces? Not necessarily.

You've obviously never been to Norway or any other part of Scandinavia for the matter. As for degrading Scandinavian women or trying to compare them to Irish women, go ahead, you're only going to look very foolish.

Btw where did I mentioned anything about the UK contestants? Plus I think lumping them in with the Irish contests is very unfair on them, they have way better personalities and are far more attractive.

Well, looking at that video, he's right about there being no "fat chicks" but yeah, I'd have to agree that it's a slight exaggeration to call it the polar opposite of the Irish version as many of the girls in the video are facially pretty average. So, better bodies in general, yes, better faces? Not necessarily.

Yeah, they're all quite slim, but "sheer beauty of vast majority" didn't seem accurate to me.

I've a good few Norwegian friends and they probably are more health conscious (male and female) on average, though they have "fat chicks" too. Maybe they don't allow them on television? Bit of both I suppose, cultural differences (diet and exercise) and casting.

Bad Panda wrote: »
    Well you've changed your tune from an earlier post:

"At the end of the day the show is for entertainment......if they were all nice to them would there be anyone talking about the show???

The guys put themselves out there to be judged as well. They don't have enough time to be picked for their personality so a lot is based on how they look and what they are wearing.......most people do the same thing on a night out"

So if the lads get abuse it's just entertainment and if it's the women nobody should be saying anything about them?! :rolleyes:

And as I've said in previous posts I still have to witness a male contestant be ridiculed as much as any of the female contestants that take part in the show.

All that has been said about the girls is that they are ugly, fat, untouchable basically and how where they even allowed on the show.

Please tell me how this is a fine way to treat a person ?? I'm sorry but I witnessed most of the shows first hand and never at any point did a female contestant feel the need to verbally abuse the guys the way that seems to go on in this thread.

As for degrading Scandinavian women or trying to compare them to Irish women, go ahead, you're only going to look very foolish.

C'mon, we were hardly "degrading" them, I even commented that they were indeed all slim. How odd to be so defensive on behalf of the women of another nation. :confused: All that was said was that some of the girls in the video are fairly average facially.

You've obviously never been to Norway or any other part of Scandinavia for the matter.
    I lived with two Norwegian women in college. I know dozens of Norwegian people.
    As for degrading Scandinavian women or trying to compare them to Irish women, go ahead, you're only going to look very foolish.

I said I had no interest in doing so but don't let that get in the way of your rant.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭el diablo

I've spent a lot of time in Norway and I would have to agree with you about the quality of the ladies compared to the Irish. :) Strip away the make-up and fake tan and the difference is very obvious.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

So by your logic fat Irish women are more beautiful then plain Scandinavian women :confused:

So by your logic fat Irish women are more beautiful then plain Scandinavian women :confused:

All Irish contestants of Take Me Out are fat? :confused: Ah, I see you admit some of the Scandinavian contestants are plain. ;) Just like some of the Irish ones also are. See? Balance. Much better than hyperbole.

• Advertisement

I don't equate thinness and beauty. A fat Irish women might be more beautiful than a thin Scandinavian woman, or vice versa. Unless the observer believes fat is inherently ugly.

Advertisement