Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Take Me Out - Irish Version [ATTN: Please read Mod Note in OP)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

LollieB25 wrote: »
    I just disagree with people commenting on how the girls look.
    Bad Panda wrote: »
    In fact, some of the girls are just plain rude about a guys appearance. If a lad was like that to them, they'd be in tears!
    At the end of the day the show is for entertainment......if they were all nice to them would there be anyone talking about the show???

The guys put themselves out there to be judged as well. They don't have enough time to be picked for their personality so a lot is based on how they look and what they are wearing.......most people do the same thing on a night out :D

So you think it's all well and good for the girls on the show to be horrible about the lads' appearance but no one should comment on how the girls themselves look? Does this not seem ridiculous to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭LollieB25

So you think it's all well and good for the girls on the show to be horrible about the lads' appearance but no one should comment on how the girls themselves look? Does this not seem ridiculous to you?

I don't think it's right to comment about how the girls are dog ugly, or the dregs of Irish women or I wouldn't ride her into battle etc !!! These are all very hurtful comments.

Comments are not made towards the guys looks mainly towards their clothes, age, height or whatever comes up in their vt.

I personally don't think the girls have been that mean to the guys. I have yet to hear any of them say a guy is ugly or the tide wouldn't take him out.........

So what you are saying is that if Anita, Melina, Taylor Rae, Emi or Arianna came anywhere near you you'd reject them.......yeah I don't think so. All of the girls are beautiful in their own way, some of them are in fact drop dead gorgeous!!!

Also why keep relating to the English one ?? It's completely different! The girls get to go on a holiday when they get picked while in the Irish one you get a free drink.......yeah of course the English girls are all dying to get picked.

So what you're saying is that girls love sun holidays so much, they're willing to go away alone and be forced to spend the entire time with a guy they don't even know? There you have it, lads. They key to a woman's heart - sun holidays.

Rojomcdojo wrote: »
    So what you're saying is that girls love sun holidays so much, they're willing to go away alone and be forced to spend the entire time with a guy they don't even know? There you have it, lads. They key to a woman's heart - sun holidays.

Yeah that's exactly what I mean't girls are so shallow and small minded they will do anything for a free Holiday!!!! Great way to twist what I said.

But at the end of the day they are going on Holiday with someone they don't know......the idea is they get to know each other on the Holiday ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

:)I pity that poor lad that had his choice of only 2 girls. One blonde one that obviously loves crisps and chocolate and the hag with the extremely weathered face making her look over 40 years old. If that was me i would feel ripped off.

It's been outlined here already that some people think that the incentive of a holiday is why the UK version is far far superior...I don't think this so. Quite a lot of natural looking pretty women on the UK one that don't use a trowl to put make up on. Plus lots of friendly banter from them too...They come across as more easy to the eye and they dont make snide remarks about clothes on the fella etc.

I think the Irish limelight hogging girls should only have a 2 show stint then it moves on and gives other girls the chance. Lots of these Irish girls love having their face on telly so are not going to go out on a date unless the fella ticks all of the many many boxes that these girls obviously need ticked. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

Rojomcdojo wrote: »

Yeah that's exactly what I mean't girls are so shallow and small minded they will do anything for a free Holiday!!!! Great way to twist what I said.

But at the end of the day they are going on Holiday with someone they don't know......the idea is they get to know each other on the Holiday ;)

fighting a losing battle Lollie tbh, that's why i couldn't be bothered with this thread... :(

EDIT: for the people who are complaining about the girls being up themselves and too picky, take a look at the roasting the girls from tallaghtfornia are getting over in the tallaghtfornia thread, and THAT'S why the girls on take me out ireland wont let their hair down on camera!

as previous posters have said here before- the show in ireland is only done over three days in the helix in dublin, whereas on the english one, its done over a number of weeks, ray foley comes across on camera as far too awkward with the girls, the show is edited heavily to make both the girls, and the guys, look a certain way.

there was a previous contestant who posted on here called leggo who posted an interesting summary on his blog (check the thread a few pages back), and he had nothing but praise for the girls on the show and summed it up by saying that off camera the girls are a great laugh!

i suppose the golden rule of boards.ie could equally apply to take me out-

don't be a dick!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,473 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I pity that poor lad that had his choice of only 2 girls. One blonde one that obviously loves crisps and chocolate and the hag with the extremely weathered face making her look over 40 years old. If that was me i would feel ripped off.

Warning infraction given. Please note the thread title and read the opening post of this thread again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

My comment is NOT directed at the girls but at some of the blokes on it.
    In particular there was one chap last week that strolled out with his hands in his pockets, shoulders low and slouched, his manky pants really hanging off, the rear view sight alone was unpleasant.
    I mean, I'm no Mr Perfect but if I was going on national television for any reason, I'd try and make myself come across in the best light and presentable.
    This one chap sauntered on as if "I don't give a fcuk!" was foremost in his mind. An unpleasant looking, individual I'v seen in a while.

If this show was broadcast outside Ireland, I would be embarrassed to say he was Irish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

At the end of the day the show is for entertainment......if they were all nice to them would there be anyone talking about the show???

The guys put themselves out there to be judged as well. They don't have enough time to be picked for their personality so a lot is based on how they look and what they are wearing.......most people do the same thing on a night out :D

Surely the show can be (is) entertaining without being facetious to other contestants?

Yes, they're out there to be judged to a degree and that's fine. Maybe the girls on the show just don't have the mental capacity/vocabularly to be a bit more diplomatic instead of coming across as badly as they do sometimes. That's all I'm saying.

I know they don't have enough time to get to know their personalities inside out, but they get a decent enough insight to at least make an informed opinion on the person's character...for God's sake, you get a hunch after 30 secons in a pub...

I'm not saying all the girls are bitches and the lads are great, I just think it's hard enough on some of the lads to get up and go on that show without the negative comments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

Biggins wrote: »
    My comment is NOT directed at the girls but at some of the blokes on it.
    In particular there was one chap last week that strolled out with his hands in his pockets, shoulders low and slouched, his manky pants really hanging off, the rear view sight alone was unpleasant.
    I'm mean, I'm no Mr Perfect but if I was going on national television for any reason, I'd try and make myself come across in the best light and presentable.
    This one chap sauntered on as if "I don't give a fcuk!" was foremost in his mind. An unpleasant looking, individual I'v seen in a while.

If this show was broadcast outside Ireland, I would be embarrassed to say he was Irish.

And some people just don't do themselves any favours!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Antomus Prime

xsiborg wrote: »

as previous posters have said here before- the show in ireland is only done over three days in the helix in dublin, whereas on the english one, its done over a number of weeks, ray foley comes across on camera as far too awkward with the girls, the show is edited heavily to make both the girls, and the guys, look a certain way.

there was a previous contestant who posted on here called leggo who posted an interesting summary on his blog (check the thread a few pages back), and he had nothing but praise for the girls on the show and summed it up by saying that off camera the girls are a great laugh!

i suppose the golden rule of boards.ie could equally apply to take me out-

don't be a dick!

I'm on this season, I'll be episode 6 and your "don't be a dick" comment is bang on the money. I got a blackout on the show, (when you see the video they made of me you'll know why) but because I was nice to the girls when responding to their comments, when we all went out they couldn't have been nicer to me and they all mentioned the fact that I didn't turn into a smart arse, yeah sure it would have been much nicer on their part not to give me a blackout but honestly I don't blame them after the vid came on, it made me look like a complete loser, but that's tv!! And I will say that all the girls are lovely and great craic on a night out and I don't have a bad word to say about any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,381 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Carlos_Ray at least your comments are of a constructive nature. I agree that they can be picky at times. I just disagree with people commenting on how the girls look.

These people have put themselves out there to have a bit of fun and maybe even get a date. Last Friday's show wasn't bad 3 out of 4 got a date and I think the show will get better as the weeks go on.

I think it would be very interesting to switch it around and have the guys with the power for once!!!

Well maybe the women shouldnt comment on the lads looks then. Which they do and some of the comments are pretty low.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Dee32

Oh lads I'm now terrified to see myself in a few weeks after reading all of these comments. I know us girls went on for lots of different reasons, but come on its a gameshow. I went on because in the last year or 2 my confidence has grown 3 folds. I suffer with psoriasis and have almost cleared it up and thought Id give take me out a go to really put myself out there. I have been crapped on by men, wont go into it, and on the show when I hit my buzzer it was usually because the guy was too young for me. But we were told to try not use that, or height ect... as an excuse to hit your button. So I tried to be funny and slag myself instead. Please be gentle or ill have to emigrate. ><

I'm on this season, I'll be episode 6 and your "don't be a dick" comment is bang on the money. I got a blackout on the show, (when you see the video they made of me you'll know why) but because I was nice to the girls when responding to their comments, when we all went out they couldn't have been nicer to me and they all mentioned the fact that I didn't turn into a smart arse, yeah sure it would have been much nicer on their part not to give me a blackout but honestly I don't blame them after the vid came on, it made me look like a complete loser, but that's tv!! And I will say that all the girls are lovely and great craic on a night out and I don't have a bad word to say about any of them.
    Your a sound fella for not being judgemental... fair play to you

Actually thats very true... 2 girls where dropped before the second show because they where "quote" not playing the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Dee32 wrote: »
    Oh lads I'm now terrified to see myself in a few weeks after reading all of these comments. I know us girls went on for lots of different reasons, but come on its a gameshow. I went on because in the last year or 2 my confidence has grown 3 folds. I suffer with psoriasis and have almost cleared it up and thought Id give take me out a go to really put myself out there. I have been crapped on by men, wont go into it, and on the show when I hit my buzzer it was usually because the guy was too young for me. But we were told to try not use that, or height ect... as an excuse to hit your button. So I tried to be funny and slag myself instead. Please be gentle or ill have to emigrate. ><
    Stop exaggerating!

kmart6 wrote: »
    Stop exaggerating!
    Where you in the show Kmart6? I dont understand your comment

Dee Good Luck with the show I'm sure you'll be great. It doesn't matter what strangers write about you on the internet once your friends and family are behind you'll be fine. As xsiborg already mentioned you are fighting a losing battle in this thread trying to say the girls are nice!!!!

I personally can't wait to see how the rest of the series goes and how the girls progress as characters at the end of the day as it is a tv show :)

Thanks a million Lollie... thats very kind of you. And you are right, if any of the people on this forum met us girls their opinion would change for the better straight away and they would feel terrible about the horrible comments.

Oh lads I'm now terrified to see myself in a few weeks after reading all of these comments.
    Please be gentle or ill have to emigrate. ><

My comment was in relation to the above! You put yourself in a position to be judged by anybody who may see the show so your response was OTT!

No I wasn't on the show, if you looked at my location that would have answered your question :p! Even if I was at home there is no way I would put myself in a position where 30 girls/women could ridicule me without any form of censor or consideration when I believe a lot of them are acting highly above their station!
    if any of the people on this forum met us girls their opinion would change for the better straight away and they would feel terrible about the horrible comments.

You can't generalise like that! I know 4 girls that are on it this year and the utter tripe they were coming out with about it on FB, along with what seemed to be the majority of the rest of the 'contestants' was atrocious! Then the obligatory 'OMG....so embarrassed to be in the paper and on TV lolz' 'TMO was soooooooooooooo much fun with my girlies xoxoxox...who needs the guys'

For a lot of them, the whole shoe comes across as a cry for attention!

• Advertisement

Way to kick a girl when she's down. Cheers

Way to kick a girl when she's down. Cheers
    Don't try and play the martyr! How is any of what I said kicking you while your 'down'?!

Because I did the show... and did not realise about the negative impact... so now crapping myself about it coming out... up to now ive done lots of charity work, documentaries about living with psoriasis, all serious stuff... And so I just wanted to do something fun for a change.

kmart6 wrote: »
    Oh lads I'm now terrified to see myself in a few weeks after reading all of these comments.
    Please be gentle or ill have to emigrate. ><

My comment was in relation to the above! You put yourself in a position to be judged by anybody who may see the show so your response was OTT!

No I wasn't on the show, if you looked at my location that would have answered your question :p! Even if I was at home there is no way I would put myself in a position where 30 girls/women could ridicule me without any form of censor or consideration when I believe a lot of them are acting highly above their station!
    if any of the people on this forum met us girls their opinion would change for the better straight away and they would feel terrible about the horrible comments.

You can't generalise like that! I know 4 girls that are on it this year and the utter tripe they were coming out with about it on FB, along with what seemed to be the majority of the rest of the 'contestants' was atrocious! Then the obligatory 'OMG....so embarrassed to be in the paper and on TV lolz' 'TMO was soooooooooooooo much fun with my girlies xoxoxox...who needs the guys'

For a lot of them, the whole shoe comes across as a cry for attention!

jesus kmart, dont leave us in any doubt anyway! its called LIGHT entertainment for a reason, and as has been pointed out, time and time again- it, is, HEAVILY, edited!

honestly, anybody who actually takes this show seriously has issues bigger than just the girls or the guys on the show and how they come across on tv or interact with each other.

any of the guys that have gone on this show, that have actually MET, and TALKED to the girls, has had nothing but good things to say about them, and fair dues to the girls on this thread from the show that have come on and remained so level headed in the face of such a barrage of abuse by keyboard warriors.

this being the third series of the show, the lads know what to expect, nobody twisted their arm to go on the show, they all appear on it voluntarily!

truth be told if i wasnt married myself and i was single again, you can be damn sure i'd go on the show, not even to get a date, but just to meet the girls and have, a, laugh! :)

kmart6 the girls may be putting themselves forward to partake in an entertainment show but I don't feel this should mean they can be ridiculed by anyone who sees fit.

As you said you wouldn't do it yourself. The girls and guys were brave enough to put themselves forward to do the show and from the general consensus seem to have had an amazing time and made loads of friends.

And as was previously stated even a male contestant that was on the show that got a blackout has nothing but positive things to say about the girls.......why is it then that the general public feel they must stick up for these guys and slate the girls when the guys themselves aren't even doing it ???

Cheers for that Xsiborg

And cheers Lollie too.. still trying to figure out this forum... how do you make a thanks from thing to the left of the page?

And cheers Lollie too.. still trying to figure out this forum... how do you make a thanks from thing to the left of the page?

i think you have to have a minimum of 25 posts Dee (if you can bear to stick around long enough on the thread by ignoring some of the more deliberately ignorant posts!).

Because I did the show... and did not realise about the negative impact... so now crapping myself about it coming out... up to now ive done lots of charity work, documentaries about living with psoriasis, all serious stuff... And so I just wanted to do something fun for a change.

That's just being somewhat naive though!

If you had your fun that's all that matters! But if you feel you'd be affected by criticism and can't take it you'd be best off not looking here! As has been said by the guy who was on the show and blogged about it, he wished he had stayed away from online stuff due to the stuff that can be said!
    xsiborg wrote: »
    honestly, anybody who actually takes this show seriously has issues bigger than just the girls or the guys on the show and how they come across on tv or interact with each other.

any of the guys that have gone on this show, that have actually MET, and TALKED to the girls, has had nothing but good things to say about them, and fair dues to the girls on this thread from the show that have come on and remained so level headed in the face of such a barrage of abuse by keyboard warriors.

Argument could be made for anyone who calls it entertainment has bigger issues!

There has not been a barrage of abuse directed at any individual posters in this thread! People have expressed opinions about the appearance of some of the 'contestants', which the Mods have said is not to be done!
    kmart6 the girls may be putting themselves forward to partake in an entertainment show but I don't feel this should mean they can be ridiculed by anyone who sees fit.

As you said you wouldn't do it yourself. The girls and guys were brave enough to put themselves forward to do the show and from the general consensus seem to have had an amazing time and made loads of friends.

And as was previously stated even a male contestant that was on the show that got a blackout has nothing but positive things to say about the girls.......why is it then that the general public feel they must stick up for these guys and slate the girls when the guys themselves aren't even doing it ???

But it's ok for them to ridicule the male 'contestants'? You'll counter that with they put themselves in that position, yet they don't get the right opportunity to counter what the girls say, generally getting cut off! If you put yourself in the public, especially on a show like this like they have, you need to be thick skinned and be able to take any criticism that may come with it, if not then you shouldn't have gone near it!

To me, its the guys who are they brave one's, they're the one's being judged, the girls don't have to face that!

Why is it that you feel you have to stick up for the female poster who was on the show here?! You say the guys, not everyone of them has posted here, the one guy who did blog about it had a positive experience, that doesn't mean they all had the same experience, so don't generalise!

• Advertisement

ill try... thanks for the info

Advertisement