Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

They ran out of codes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Bastion is 600 MS points today on Live, Really great deal for a fantastic game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Another humble bundle...

http://www.humblebundle.com/

A little different this time. It's for android as well.

Just three/four games though and they've also had World of goo and Osmos before, but good if you missed them previously. World of goo is the bonus game for above average payments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

Prey

Brand new copy for the XBOX 360 in Gamestop Blanchardstown. All for 5 euro :eek: If anyone hasnt played this, or even if you already have. Buy it. You cant go wrong with 5 euro. Especially knowing Prey 2 is on the horizon.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Always a big fan of Prey. It did a lot of the mind-bending Portal stuff before Portal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭da gamer

Prey was a really good game, big fan of 2k games. for a fiver you cant go wrong.
    gamestop have a good sale on used games at the moment. i got crackdown 1, brutal legend and metro 2033 for 15 euro. they are 3 old games but i thought it was a good deal anyway. its always nice coming out of a store with 3 new games for feck all money :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ARGURIOS1

Thanks for that...I'll be up Blanch way tomorrow so will have to check out gamestop. Ya certainly got good value on Crackdown and Metro 2033 and at least the music is good on Brutal Legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Monotype wrote: »
    Another humble bundle...

http://www.humblebundle.com/

A little different this time. It's for android as well.

Just three/four games though and they've also had World of goo and Osmos before, but good if you missed them previously. World of goo is the bonus game for above average payments.

Probably a stupid question but how do I download the games onto my phone if I get the bundle? I've only ever downloaded games from the Market. Can I just download them straight to my phone from the website?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

You'll get instructions once you go to the download page after purchasing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Has anybody seen any cheap used Skyrim's anywhere for PS3, my disc has a tiny crack in the middle and it wont play. 87 hours into it :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭KonFusion

Duke Nukemn for a fiver on steam. Am tempted to pick it up even tho I heard it's ****e

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,860 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Paid a fiver for DNF at the christmas sale. I finished it as well and can safely say it was ten euros too expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,409 ✭✭✭Nollog

Big Knox wrote: »
    Probably a stupid question but how do I download the games onto my phone if I get the bundle? I've only ever downloaded games from the Market. Can I just download them straight to my phone from the website?

You go to the key url you get in your email from your phone, and the key page will have the download links, my phone was all "NO! turn on install from unknown sources", but it brought me to the settings page to do that, so it only takes a few seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

Spotted Rage for xbox at 15.99 in Game on dawson st today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭Niska

Victoria II €6.79 Daily Deal from Steam.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Steam are doing a 66% off all warhammer games this weekend.

Spacemarine is 16.99, well worth it imo :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

Steam are doing a 66% off all warhammer games this weekend.

Spacemarine is 16.99, well worth it imo :)

€15.99 in GAME... 360 version anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Preorder for The Darkness 2 on PC is €32 delivered on gamestop.ie. And you get the limited edition instead of the standard one.
    Pre-order The Darkness II and receive a free upgrade to the Limited Edition while supplies last. Includes two character abilities, an alternate darkling outfit, a custom illustration and free digital download of The Darkness Origins Volume 1 and Volume 2 comics.

It's been two years since Jackie Estacado, now the Don of the Franchetti crime family, used The Darkness to kill the men responsible for his girlfriend's murder. He's been unable to shake the memory of Jenny's death since bottling up his supernatural power, and now The Darkness wants out. A sudden, unprovoked attack on Jackie's life heralds the start of a full-scale mob war, which has clearly been orchestrated by some outside force. The botched attempt opens the door for The Darkness to reemerge, and sets Jackie on a journey to hell and worse, as he unravels the mystery behind the attack and the motivations of The Darkness itself.

The Darkness II breaks out of the sea of conventional first-person shooters with its fervid Quad-Wielding gameplay, which will allow players to slash, grab, and throw objects and enemies with their Demon Arms while simultaneously firing two weapons. The game is layered with the use of dark versus light, steeped in deep and twisted storytelling, and engulfed in stylistic violence that is visualized through a hand-painted graphic noir technique that stays true to its comic book origins.

Limited Edition includes
    • Alternate darkling outfit: Crazy Abdul.
    • Two character ability upgrades:
    • Gourmet Hearts: provides bonus for eating hearts.
    • Relic Hunter: locates collectible items in the world.
    • Custom illustration by Marc Silvestri.
    • Free digital download of The Darkness Origins Volume 1 and Volume 2 comics.
    The non-PC version is €47 delivered so that's not really that much of a bargain. Think I'm gonna get it for the PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Absolam wrote: »
    €15.99 in GAME... 360 version anyway!

thats not bad at all, but well steam.. pc games in GAME are hard to find these days :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

El Shaddai - Ascension of the Metatron is €15 on 360 and ps3 in HMV Grafton street. Cheapest I've seen it in a B&M

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Indie Gala Bundle out now

http://www.indiegala.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Metal gear collection in Tesco for 35 for both ps3 and xbox

• Registered Users Posts: 5,409 ✭✭✭Nollog

Crosáidí wrote: »
    Indie Gala Bundle out now

http://www.indiegala.com/

Holy whatsits!
    So many bundles... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

Tubbs4 wrote: »
    Metal gear collection in Tesco for 35 for both ps3 and xbox

Cheers for that. I just bolted over to tescos to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,136 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

DiRT 2 €5 on Steam in their Daily Deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Anyone know what Gamestop/Game are giving trade in for Battlefield 3 ? looking to get wwe 12

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

blobby360 wrote: »
    Anyone know what Gamestop/Game are giving trade in for Battlefield 3 ? looking to get wwe 12
    CEX are giving 20 cash at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Valkyria Chronicles 2 on PSP is about €12 on zavvi today. Saw it in Gamestop Stephens Green for €17 last week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

mise wrote: »
    Valkyria Chronicles 2 on PSP is about €12 on zavvi today. Saw it in Gamestop Stephens Green for €17 last week.

Sadly it is "Availability: Usually dispatched within a month," which in Zavvispeak means out of stock

Also, according to Gamestracker, it is OOS almost everywhere, so €17 might actually be a decent price.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement