Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,407 ✭✭✭Nollog

cloud493 wrote: »
    For anyone interested(parroting what someone else said) rayman origins is 24.49 in argos right now.

All formats, or just ps3/360/?

Is that a browser addon kearney?
    Or just a website that shows all the prices on steam?
    I usually use http://www.steamprices.com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

/\/ollog wrote: »
    All formats, or just ps3/360/?

Is that a browser addon kearney?
    Or just a website that shows all the prices on steam?
    It's a greasemonkey extension for Firefox.
    Only works on the website (as opposed to the Steam client).

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/68102

Quite handy for seeing for far we are being taken for a ride when it comes to Steam prices. It's made my mind up plenty of times as to whether or not to buy via Steam.

Kuuu, just added to chromium.
    It's working for every other game but plants v. zombies.
    alaswr.jpg

Indie Royale bundle's live:
    Zeno Clash
    Hoard
    Lume
    Soulcaster
    Soulcaster 2

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Monotype wrote: »
    Another humble bundle...

http://www.humblebundle.com/

A little different this time. It's for android as well.

Just three/four games though and they've also had World of goo and Osmos before, but good if you missed them previously. World of goo is the bonus game for above average payments.

They've added Toki Tori to this bundle, if anyone bought it

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

Kuuu, just added to chromium.
    It's working for every other game but plants v. zombies.
    alaswr.jpg

I've the same problem with my chrome version. Seems that any item that has a package version. Only the package pricing comes up on each individual game.

Is there any way to buy steam games in dollars?

• Advertisement

kendragon wrote: »
    I've the same problem with my chrome version. Seems that any item that has a package version. Only the package pricing comes up on each individual game.

Is there any way to buy steam games in dollars?

4 packs don't do that.

There is, a US payment method, from a US IP address.

B.T.W. Plants V. Zombies is now 1 cent cheaper, at €1.99 I wonder why they did that...

http://store.steampowered.com/app/40930/
    The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom €1.35

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

penev10 wrote: »
    CEX are giving 20 cash at the moment

game/gamestop are never good for trade-ins i always hmv good, when i trade my wii games in game or gamestop is always less then €10, but i trade my games into hmv its so far has €20 or more, so hmv are the best for tradeins, only game/gamestop are good tradeins when do tradeins bargins but only happen once a year,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Few bargains there on amazon.com digital game download service. You can use an irish CC and your amazon.co.uk account. And the games activate on steam.

Bargains like COD MW2 for $5

Dungeon Defenders for $3

Borderlands GOTY for $7

They often have bargains up there every once in a while, like they had Just Cause 2 for $2 a few months back.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Battlefield 3 is €25 on origin (PC).

Most shooters are 50% off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Dungeon Defenders is brilliant, can't even say how good a deal $3 is.

Varik wrote: »
    Battlefield 3 is €25 on origin (PC).

Most shooters are 50% off.
    Korvanica pointed out in the BF thread that it's only the standard edition so if you want Back to Karkand expasion, you'll have to fork out something around €15 for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Korvanica pointed out in the BF thread that it's only the standard edition so if you want Back to Karkand expasion, you'll have to fork out something around €15 for that.

€7.49 for Back to Karkand, all EA shooters are 50% off.

Varik wrote: »
    €7.49 for Back to Karkand, all EA shooters are 50% off.
    Well there you go. Not a bad deal then, since the limited edition does indeed seem to be limited for the PC at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,821 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Few bargains there on amazon.com digital game download service. You can use an irish CC and your amazon.co.uk account. And the games activate on steam.

Dungeon Defenders for $3

Borderlands GOTY for $7

They often have bargains up there every once in a while, like they had Just Cause 2 for $2 a few months back.

"Currently, this item is available only to customers located in the United States and who have a U.S. billing address"

Are you sure? Dungeon Defenders isn't on this list either https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-WUSF-3601

Dungeon Defenders for $3

Borderlands GOTY for $7

Has anyone tried this and got it working?

ShaneU wrote: »
    "Currently, this item is available only to customers located in the United States and who have a U.S. billing address"

Are you sure? Dungeon Defenders isn't on this list either https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-WUSF-3601
    Sorry I should have said, just create a fake american address then it will work and allow you to buy it. Just use a fake american post code.

It will work on steam as it says this in the description on amazon: Additional Information
    Requires Steam account for game installation and activation.

Sorry I should have said, just create a fake american address then it will work and allow you to buy it. Just use a fake american post code.

It will work on steam as it says this in the description on amazon: Additional Information
    Requires Steam account for game installation and activation.

Have you actually got this working yourself personally?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 GT_Dublin

King of Fighters XIII: Deluxe Edition and Dodonpachi Resurrection: Deluxe Edition are both €12.99 (New) in Game Dundrum for the 360.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

GT_Dublin wrote: »
    King of Fighters XIII: Deluxe Edition and Dodonpachi Resurrection: Deluxe Edition are both €12.99 (New) in Game Dundrum for the 360.

F*ck I just bought KoF for 25 quid last thursday! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Final fantasy xiii-2 for 30 euro plus 1.41 postage on zavvi.com

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

http://store.steampowered.com/app/1250
    Killing Floor for €2.69 until Friday.
    Celebrating a million copies sold! :O

Really fun game, chuffed its done so well.

kendragon wrote: »
    Have you actually got this working yourself personally?
    Yes ive used it many times with no problems. You get a steam serial code then activate it.

Dead Island http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/1028013/Dead-Island/Product.html?cur=258 €17.49

Rage http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/6060917/Rage/Product.html?cur=258 €13.49

Free delivery from play.
    They should be redeemable on steam.

http://www.greenmangaming.co.uk/promo/halftermhorrors
    33% off some horror games with the code on the page, applies only to the games on the page.
    Alan Wake Steam Pre-Purchase for €20.10 seems good.

Alan Wake Steam Pre-Purchase for €20.10 seems good.

You got a link for that? I'm just seeing the regular edition (but you get all the collector's edition stuff) for €27.99 instead of €31.99.

For those of you who are looking to get Alan Wake on PC AND you availed of the IGN prime offer earlier on in the month, you can get a further 15% off of the special off price of €27.99 on Gamersgate.com. Haven't tried it myself but it should work. Bringing the price of the digital collector's edition to something around the region of €23.79.

Actually. I just bought it there myself.

You apply the coupon code on the url i linked.
    So you click "buy" on alan wake, then copy paste the code to the left of the page into the box what says "coupon code" and hit "use", then the price changes from 29.99 to 20.10
    Activated on steam.
    awake.jpg
    There's what collectors edition costs/looks like.

€23.79 @ gamersgate with the ign prime code as above, but might still be worth getting it from gamersgate if you use them often as you get 1 euro 19 cent in "blue coins" for use on your next purchase.

I know its Origin but they have some great prices on games right now such as Mirrors edge, Medal of Honor, Burnout paradise ultimate box, NFS Shift 2, Red Alert 3, Red Alert 3: Uprising, Loads of Sims 2 packs and more are now only €5.00. Full list of games here.

Origin loves carnival

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Final fantasy 13-2 is 33 euro in Gamestop in store.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement