Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Take Me Out - Irish Version [ATTN: Please read Mod Note in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

They should have asked John O Shea.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Wife tuned in to watch and I viewed and watched in horror.
    I couldn't get over the amount of make-up plastered people there was on it.
    Did they put their make-up on with a shovel?

The impression I got from a lot of the females was that they were either very high maintenance and/or so full of themselves, its no wonder they are all single!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,652 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

xsiborg wrote: »
    well just that last year when the series started, the thread started off as a laugh to read, the comments were hilarious and it was pretty good natured, then as the series went on, the comments got more bitchy, then we had "these girls are up themselves" vs "irish guys are this that and the other", then we had the "fordin girdels is baetar" cretins, til eventually the thread descended into just petty squabbling thinly disguised as "debate" among the few posters that were left.

take a look back a few pages in the thread (as i just did there) and you'll see what i mean.

:confused:

What if these comments are the truth i.e. a reflection of the program?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,511 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Biggins wrote: »
    Wife tuned in to watch and I viewed and watched in horror.
    I couldn't get over the amount of make-up plastered people there was on it.
    Did they put their make-up on with a shovel?

The impression I got from a lot of the females was that they were either very high maintenance and/or so full of themselves, its no wonder they are all single!

There was one or two that seemed nice enough but i thought most of them were just a bit much. It takes guts to go out in front of 30 women and there is no need for them to make personal comments about the lads appearance or the way they talk. I wonder are they told to play up the bitchy comments by the producers though? If not then they will be a long time single...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

On TV3 now, god no wonder these women are single.

• Advertisement

Look at the rack on her:eek:

Screaming orgasim her favourite cocktail, pick her pick her.

God we have one of the girls from Fade Street on.

Kevin from the cork and kerry mountains.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,592 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

haven't read the rest of this thread, we are sitting here foaling laughing at this programme. Where do they find these people, talk about digging deep for excuses!Hilarious.

Anyone else think that ad for www.parship.ie reads like parsnip?

These girls are so fussy, I feel sorry for guys nowadays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Man Irish girls are picky.

:D

irish-stew wrote: »
    Man Irish girls are picky.

:D

And they wonder why there left on the shelf then, i never go for a Irish woman way too self centered most of them.

From the mountains of Kerry to the hills of Donegal:D

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭uncle ernie

jaysis that poor bastid. brutal

4 guys on already and only 1 has got a date, you would not see that in any other country.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,592 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

silly girls- UTV version starting now, maybe those girls will have a laugh and keep the guys rather than show themselves up the way this lot have done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

God we have one of the girls from Fade Street on.
    The one who got Louise sacked, bitch :D

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭thunderthing

They really should have some sort of system where the girls can't see how many people have rejected the lad.. Girls are too easily influenced by what other girls think.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Hi guys,

For the laugh, I wrote up a blog about my experience on TMO and did some tips for lads hoping to go on the show. Nothing too serious. Since it's long and I don't want to hog the thread, I'll put the start here and then link to the rest, so if you enjoy the start you can keep reading:
    10 Tips For Take Me Out Guys

Last Friday saw the return to TV3 of the Irish version of 'Take Me Out'. For the three or so of you who may be reading this from countries that don't have an equivalent, TMO is a dating show where one unfortunate male must face the wrath of 30 judgemental females and impress them in the hope of getting a date.

It is a show that, as some of you may know, I have personal experience with. Before last Friday's show aired, I would've been the last male in Ireland to brave the increasingly blue stage (that's not a metaphor, by the way, for whatever reason the set appears to radiate blue as if it has been infected by some kind of water-based, nuclear reaction). To answer your questions in the order you're probably thinking them (since I get asked the exact same questions each
    • Yes I got a date.
    • I had about 15 lights left on at the end. Before you give me credit, it was the last episode of the series, so I fully believe that had the girls known they could have another option then that final figure would have been considerably less flattering.
    • Ehhh...ya would like. I could have done worse.
    • No we're not still a couple, nor were we ever. No drama or anything, we just got separated afterwards and neither tried too hard to get in touch.
    • Yes we gave each other good reviews. However, mine was edited to look like I'd slammed her (note: if you're ever doing anything on TV, remember there is a BIG difference between calling someone a 'stereotypical blonde' and a 'typical blonde'...even if you're saying that they're not that)
    • No, Shifters isn't a real pub. It's a curtained off couch upstairs in The Helix. TV3 don't give their shows any kind of workable budget. Which is why Alan Hughes remains employed, I'd imagine.

And I think that covers it. If you're THAT interested, some bastard put the episode up on YouTube. Close to a year later, I'm just arriving at the stage where I'm not genuinely mortified to share it with people. My own anguish begins approximately 34 minutes in:

In spite of my shame, and the fact that I had two agonising weeks in my day-job after it aired last March - with people whispering to each other that I was "the lad who was on that dating show" - I'd recommend the experience to any single pringles looking to mingle (or twats, for short). It's good craic and the women are gamey as **** when the cameras are off and they're a few vodka and cokes down. As long as your preview video isn't about having your family locked in your basement and your 'Flirty-For-30' doesn't involve you saying "I love children. No...seriously...I LOVE children," then you'll get your bit, if that's what you're looking for.

That said, the show is relatively new to Ireland and there are some tricks of the trade that I learned along the way that would aid a bloke's chances of success under the lights. Some I learned because I made them myself, some the friendly producers were kind enough to give me beforehand, and some you'd just think were common sense...until you watched guys make them on national TV.

Considering that last Friday's show featured a total of four blackouts (I believe) from a group of women, including some you wouldn't ride into battle, then these tips could genuinely make or break your chances. Take it from one of the show's survivors.

Read the rest here: http://thericknash.blogspot.com/2012/01/10-tips-for-take-me-out-guys.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Antomus Prime

I was on this years show and it didnt go well. The VT that was made for me was a joke!. They filmed 40 mins of footage with me and took the worst possible 30 seconds out of it. It basically made me look like I want to f**k superman lol, they left out all the stuff about setting up my own photography company, having a trade behind me, going to the gym, what I like to do on a date, what I look for in women and loads more!!!! I had 19 lights on after round 1 and as soon as the video came on I was a gonner, I saw the video in rehearsals and i knew what was gonna happen when I walked out on set. But I will say this about the girls...

Yeah on the show they come across as pure bitchy but in fact any of them that ive talked to aren't, yeah their comments and reasons for turning off lights are ridiculous but that's TV folks, playing up for the cameras and everything. We've already had a group night out and everyone got on with everyone like houses on fire! Sure I would have liked a better result on national television but I don't regret for a minute going on the show and we've all made some new friends out of it. And lets just say I made up for the blackout on the show :cool:

• Advertisement

And I'd just like to add that standing in front of 30 girls on the show was the most terrifying experience of my life!!! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

And I'd just like to add that standing in front of 30 girls on the show was the most terrifying experience of my life!!! lol
    I'll second that

Voltwad wrote: »
    I'll second that

Were you on this season?

Starting in a few minutes........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

here we go... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

xsiborg wrote: »

here we go... :)
    A date! We're already equal to last week!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,880 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Most successful guy so far this series.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,919 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ray looks shorter this season

• Registered Users Posts: 17,880 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

*After getting the date with Louise "There's a lovely bunch of girls out there."

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Ray looks shorter this season
    I think that's because his suit isn't as I'll-fitting as the ones he wore last year. The sleeves on some of them were nearly up to his elbows!

Advertisement