Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Girl [Fox - Spoilers]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

"Where did you get those pants from.. Danny Glover's grandfather?"
    "I AM Danny Glover's grandfather!"

:D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

The P bomb and the V bomb. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

"I'm gonna split you like a log! Raaaaaaaaaargh! AAAAAAAHHHHH!"

I actually cried laughing at some parts of the latest ep.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »

i was in tears at that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

That whole scene was too funny! I keep laughing when I think about her randomly choking him!
    I need to share this show with more people.

• Advertisement

tomissex wrote: »
    That whole scene was too funny! I keep laughing when I think about her randomly choking him!
    I need to share this show with more people.
    That scene was priceless. The newscaster voices, her wearing underwear under the contraption, the sudden choking. I can't even think of that scene without laughing. I don't know anyone else who watches it so this thread is a god-send.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I'm really starting to love this show :) the last few episodes have been so funny! And Jess doesn't seem as annoying anymore, or maybe I'm just getting used to the character.

Also Schmidt is my hero.

Another great ep. I like Justin Long and think he's great in this but I was happy with developments. I can't even list all the things I liked, there were too many. I did laugh at Cece's first smell of perfume though. The same thing happened to me once, massive allergic reaction to a gift of perfume. Hard to thank someone when your throat is closing up and you're developing a rash.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Another great ep. I like Justin Long and think he's great in this but I was happy with developments. I can't even list all the things I liked, there were too many. I did laugh at Cece's first smell of perfume though. The same thing happened to me once, massive allergic reaction to a gift of perfume. Hard to thank someone when your throat is closing up and you're developing a rash.

+1

That was just a fantastic episode from all characters!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,125 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Started on Channel 4 tonight

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

Oh dear god that was terrible. Didn't laugh one bit at it. Then i saw that it was Fox and am glad i didn't like it, given their horrible track record with shows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

RolandIRL wrote: »
    Oh dear god that was terrible. Didn't laugh one bit at it. Then i saw that it was Fox and am glad i didn't like it, given their horrible track record with shows.

I also like when my preconceptions are confirmed. Like when I thought The Simpsons was awful.

@ Roland - I wasn't a huge fan of the first episode or two either (Jess pissed me off sooo much), but it has turned into a pretty nice and funny show. Schmidt is AMAZING. Also, there is a cast change after the pilot and the vibe changes a bit too.

Obviously if you really didn't like it, there's no point in watching it again, but I just thought I'd say that :p

And amacachi, how can anyone possibly hate The Simpsons? It's crap now, but the early episodes are classics!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

And amacachi, how can anyone possibly hate The Simpsons? It's crap now, but the early episodes are classics!

I was using sarcasm to deal with someone being ridiculous.

amacachi wrote: »
    I was using sarcasm to deal with someone being ridiculous.
    Oh I'm sorry! My brain really isn't working properly today :o:o

Cannot wait for a new episode of this.

That was a fantastic episode. The jar montage at the end was hilarious! So glad it's back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Yep, strongest episode of the series so far. I like the new, new girl too...

That was great.Nick's new woman was in Mean Girls.Took me the whole episode to figure out why she looked so familiar.

"I can't find my rain moccasins ANYWHERE!"
    "Douche jar".

That was great.Nick's new woman was in Mean Girls.Took me the whole episode to figure out why she looked so familiar.

She was in True Blood for a while as well and I spent the first episode of that doing exactly what you did.

• Advertisement

Haha, all I could think when I saw Benjamin is Todd from Community, that actor is forever ruined for me! And really nice to see Lizzy Caplan as Julia, she is a great actress :)

Really enjoyed that episode, Schmidt just gets better every episode.

WE BUILT THIS SCHMIDTTY... WE BUILT THIS SCHMIDTTY ON TOOOTSIE ROLLS!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Anachrony

Lizzy Caplan also starred in the series "Party Down", which is worth checking out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Anachrony wrote: »
    Lizzy Caplan also starred in the series "Party Down", which is worth checking out.

That's where I recognise her from. Thanks for that. Saves me having to go through her IMDB entry!

Very good episode but I thought it could have done without the douchebag jar montage at the end or maybe just one or two but I thought it was a bit much.

The Douche-Jar montage over the credits was fantastic! :D

Awesome show, one of my favourites.

She also played Janis in Mean Girls. Can't believe that movie is almost 8 years old O.O

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

She also played Janis in Mean Girls. Can't believe that movie is almost 8 years old O.O

Lets not forget her first big role, as Nick's girlfriend in 3 episodes of Freaks and Geeks!!! :D

This weeks episode was probably the best so far...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

This weeks episode was probably the best so far...
    i dunno there was no log splitting ;):D:D:D

Jesus, I watched Freaks and Geeks, Party Down AND True Blood and I never clicked that...:o

I loved the moment when Jess had the mic at the party and was all "yeaaaaah, twenty-NOIN! Twenny NOIN!" trying to get the party going.
    And then just to herself "What am I doing?"

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

The makers are sure gettign their moneys worth out of the show . 10 episodes in over 4 months. It nearly feels odd when you get to see 2 episodes only a week apart.

• Advertisement

The makers are sure gettign their moneys worth out of the show . 10 episodes in over 4 months
    Blame Fox for that..

Advertisement