Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Girl [Fox - Spoilers]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

fox-new-girl-zooey.jpg
    theres an image :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Basq wrote: »

Incidentally, whats the 3 week gap in prgramming thats going on with a good few shows at the moment for?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Incidentally, whats the 3 week gap in prgramming thats going on with a good few shows at the moment for?

It's another crap part of the Nielsen ratings process I think - February/March is one of the yearly "sweeps" periods so most networks tend to hold back episodes (as there are not enough episodes to cover new episodes every week to the season finales in May) and then air new episodes every week during the sweeps periods:
    Each year Nielsen processes approximately 2 million paper diaries from households across the country for the months of November, February, May, and July—also known as the "sweeps" rating periods. Seven-day diaries (or eight-day diaries in homes with DVRs) are mailed to homes to keep a tally of what is watched on each television set and by whom. Over the course of a sweeps period, diaries are mailed to a new panel of homes each week. At the end of the month, all of the viewing data from the individual weeks is aggregated.

Sweeps for this year are apparently:

2 February – 29 February 2012
    26 April – 23 May 2012
    28 June – 25 July 2012

See here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nielsen_ratings#Sweeps

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Fun show alright, better than I first thought it'd be.
    The intro is crap but at least it's short.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

biko wrote: »
    Fun show alright, better than I first thought it'd be.
    The intro is crap but at least it's short.
    The intro does it's job.. that song is goddamn infectious - nauseating but infectious!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

The intro does it's job.. that song is goddamn infectious - nauseating but infectious!

Yeah I agree. It's short and has a cathy tune. Perfect!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Episode 11 was great. Loved seeing the more external characters involved more.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Another great episode. I liked Julia and Jess' little skirmish. They are so different so it was inevitable they wouldn't jump into being bosom buddies.

Excellent things:
    Cece wearing the ridiculous ribbon hat completely dead-pan.
    The Towel Revelation.
    Schmidt: "Guys? Can someone get my towel? It's in my room next to my Irish walking cape!"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Really enjoyed that episode and the towel revelation and ensuing discussion, as FouxDaFaFa so excellently put it, was top class.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Elohim

I'd put this show up there with Community, has been very good so far.
    Simple premise to every episode and some great jokes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Elohim wrote: »
    I'd put this show up there with Community, has been very good so far.
    Simple premise to every episode and some great jokes.
    Nowhere near Community/Parks & Rec, or even Happy Endings for me personally. It's a good show, and I love seeing what Zooey wears (I likes mah fashion :p), and Schmidt is awesome. But it just seems to lack something... I still watch it and enjoy it, but I don't really care about the characters, and I think that's where it's downfall is for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

best line of the episode which was very subtle so people may have missed it Scmidt: "from now on ill keep my towel in my room where nothing ever gets wet" brilliant :D still not sure with this show yet, i like it but you get the feeling that it could be a lot better. Scmidt and Nick are the best so far, Winstons storys are never really that funny but i think he will get better, they are slowly building him after initially not knowing what to do with him after Coach left. I dont really like Jess that much, i see that Zoey is a producer and i feel she is having to much say in her character, overplaying the quirky, singing, just making noises instead of actually talking. but thats just my stupid opinion.

The last episode of this was fantastic. Too many things to mention, yet again. Favourite things:
    When that guy pulled a gun on Jess and Nick and Jess yelled "Oh my God, it's The Wire!"
    Cece slipping on the motion sickness bands while talking to Schmidt.
    Everything about the landlord. "I can't wait until we're menaging!"
    Schmidt's ill-fated dash to seduce his boss.

Also, Nick's pained: "Jess, any time a guy shows you how to do something from behind..."

Agreed, strong episode this week but it seemed slightly out of order for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

"Find out where Winston gets his sparkle. And then steal it."
    "Nick would make a great underpants captain"
    "There goes the chinos!"

My favourite lines this week!

Yeah bit of a standalone episode but still excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

I have to say this show has improved immensely. Another solid episode this week but I watched the last two back to back and last weeks was so good.

Opr

im kinda happy and disappointed cece slept with schmidt,

funny how she just waved bye to the first guy she chatted with at the bar :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 29 stormcloud

This show is getting better and better. All the scenes in the one night stands house were very funny.

Will defo rewatch tonight

The show is making massive improvements week on week.

"Any of the scripts from the first season of The Vampire Diaries."

Schmidt is funny that quote makes me want to watch The Vampire Dairies

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

youths

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

cian68 wrote: »
    youths

hahaha! That was brilliant! Love this show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭squonk

Yes, the show is definitely on an up spiral. It was good early on but I wasn't sure it'd have the legs in the long run but now they're fleshing out the rest of the cast besides Zoe it's really starting to come into it's own. Schmidt sleeping with Cece ratcheted things up big time. The show is going somewhere now. I'm delighted!

• Site Banned Posts: 236 ✭✭vader65

Good laugh, feel good tv show, great tv :)

I'll tell you something, they're choosing their guest stars extremely well. They blend in very well with the cast when they're there. Loved Ryan Kwanten.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

This is without question my favourite show of all genres. The comedy is genius, the characters are amazing, in Schmidt they have one of the funniest characters in the previous decade. Dare I say, Schmidt is even funnier than Gob ( A.D ).

Not only Schmidt, the other characters all stand out. I can safely say that I have a vested interest in all of the cast.

Thought that they would slow burn any Schmidt-Cece hookup but very excited to see where they take it next

"Youths" - That line still makes me smile

Definetly the most quotable show on T.V, and cannot praise it enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

Also looked through the thread and surprised that this hasn't been posted yet.

oh man, when the Hills music started I actually spit on my screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

Really enjoying this show but its becoming less and less abotu Zoe and more about Schmidt for me. He is the stand out character and generally commands laughter week to week. The rest of them are a little 2D.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Nick can be hilarious too... the scene with the cockfight proved that!

i think all the main caracters work well together, and the one or two bit part caracters are great aswell, like cece and nicks girlfriend,

i think winston if anyone would be the weak link, coach was great, was a shame he couldnt stick around,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

Nick can be hilarious too... the scene with the cockfight proved that!

I'll give you that. The cockfight scene was brilliant!

Advertisement