Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Girl [Fox - Spoilers]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

^^^The ****?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

Watched 15 episodes of this over the last 2 nights - totally hooked.

Its absolutely hilarious, and I'm not easily moved to laughter.....

For some reason, the bit in episode 15 (I think it was 15)
    where Nick was was handed the pill by Jess's doctor friend, who then proceeded to tell him not to take it.
    had me in stitches

Brilliant!

Youths!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Laika1986

I thought last week's episode when Nick was sick was one of the weaker episodes however last nights was one of the top three in the series for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I think it may already have hit its peak unfortunately

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

"I have my slipperiest loafers on" haha! Hilarious episode

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Hector J! Bwah ha ha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Pine is the wood of the poor, and outhouses!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,031 ✭✭✭✭Basq

The scene where "Winny" threw the piece of lettuce at fat Schmidt and vomit just started spewing out of his mouth was great!

Bah, need to find an GIF now..

tumblr_m0xp2wvbIo1qahud8o1_500.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,344 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Its a really good show, really funny and sweet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

schmidt is already a legend, i cant recall the last caracter that become such a legend so fast,

"youths":D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

"We Built this City" came on the radio a few days ago and I could NOT hum the original lyrics. All I heard was "We built this Schmidty". :D

This interactive music video for "Hey Girl" is pretty fun to mess around with. You choose the outcome.

Best new comedy of the year.. by far!

Basq wrote: »
    Best new comedy of the year.. by far!

So far ya mean. Isn't that new "Arrested Development" show meant to start before the end of the year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

amacachi wrote: »
    So far ya mean. Isn't that new "Arrested Development" show meant to start before the end of the year?
    Unfortunately "early 2013" is the projected start date.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

This week's episode had me in stitches :D. "That's some pretty deep cleaning, Jess. You had it set to six smiley faces. I've never gone past 3!". :D

I find Winston to be the weakest character, but the other three are just great. Schmidt was outstanding in last week's episode :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

To follow on from my post from last week, I'm getting a little tired of the show now.

I thought that was a very poor episode.

Still watchable but not a lot more than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

'It smells like Shakespeare in here!' Brilliant :D

I liked the latest episode. Another good casting choice in Dermot Mulroney. I can't see him and Jess together long-term (too different) but I thought Nick's input was hilarious. When Jess fell into the pond thing and Nick came running to help her...and then stopped to fold his new jumper...brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Excellent episode this week from both Jess and Nick. The phone thing was a bit meh at first, but when she was on speaker with Schmidt and Nick I was PMSL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭meganj

I really enjoy the New Girl, this weeks episode I thought was really good.

But... is it a bit predictable?

Not that it's going to stop me watching it, but from the moment the (hot) father entered the equation I saw the next few episodes stretching out in front of me.

I don't think it's brilliant, but it makes me happy!! And 'We built this schmidty' is my morning song when I'm making the coffee. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

"I know that I've been saying that you can't give in to this guy but I don't think you shouldn't run from him either cause no matter where you go ... He could find you, I believe that " :P

Loved this weeks episode and had me laughing pretty much right the way through.

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

would anyone else like to see lorrie from cougar town in this show, i think her and jess would be great buds,

also didnt realise this was losing so many viewers, down around the 5-6 million mark now, not good news :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

I really enjoyed the ep this week. But for me nick is passing out Schmidt for hilarity.

The folding jumper bit was brilliant and his tirade in the office. Loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Elohim

Skinfull wrote: »
    I really enjoyed the ep this week. But for me nick is passing out Schmidt for hilarity.

The folding jumper bit was brilliant and his tirade in the office. Loved it.

Nick has a moany look about him, just annoys me, rarely get a laugh out of him. Schmidt can't be beaten in this show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Really enjoyed this episode and I thought Nick stole the show for a change. Schmidt in the car while Winston was kissing your one was brilliant though.

'Yeah if we had some sort of turf war with Canada!'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Schmidt jarring himself. Twice. :D:D

"want me put on some Jodeci?" :D

Harold and Kumar. :pac:

Some really great lines last night, and Winston had a strong episode for once. Loved his choice of music in the car, I'm always singing "Popular".

The third hand when Jess and Fancyman were kissing was hilarious.

It took me til the end of the episode to realise that Nick's friend was one of the guys from Freaks and Geeks! Google tells me he's dating Alison Brie in real life...mind blown.

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    he's dating Alison Brie in real life

Goddamnit!

• Advertisement

FouxDaFaFa wrote:
    It took me til the end of the episode to realise that Nick's friend was one of the guys from Freaks and Geeks! Google tells me he's dating Alison Brie in real life...mind blown.
    17304591.jpg

I didn't mean to crush everyone's dreams! It seems to be an unconfirmed rumour at this stage. It's one of the first things that comes up on google so I ran with it.

I thought Starr was great in this, I hope he sticks around for a bit. I also like Jess' lesbian gyno friend, she's a great character we don't see enough of.

First Katy Perry was taken from me and now this. If this happens again I'm gonna have to start killing hookers or something. :pac:

Basq I'm glad to see from YLYL I'm not the only one who's so annoyed. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭KeanSeenan

I think Brie and Starr are playing couple in a film too, so might've just come out of that. Glad to see him guesting though. Who knows, maybe in a season or two they'll do a Party Down tag too?The back end of this season has really hit its stride, Nick's been really funny lately which is good because I was worried they'd exhaust Schmidt early on.

I'm glad to see them not relying on Schmidt for the laughs because it would be the easy thing to do. I don't know who the casting director is but they're doing a fantastic job sourcing guest stars. Very happy with the consistency of the writing too. There have been a few episodes that have not been as funny as the best ones, but they've still been funny.

Writer is on twitter if anyone wants to follow her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,708 ✭✭✭squonk

Really loved last night's ep also. This show is really getting strong now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Anyone know where the hell this is gone off channel four?

My mum and sister were in new york for the past 5 days, and they saw Schmidt in starbucks :D

• Advertisement

cloud493 wrote: »
    My mum and sister were in new york for the past 5 days, and they saw Schmidt in starbucks :D
    They are the LUCKIEST people in the world. I seriously wouldn't have been able to help myself if I saw him.
    "Excuse me, sir. I couldn't help but admire your hair chut-a-ney. Could you tell me where I could procure some hair chut-a-ney?"

They are the LUCKIEST people in the world. I seriously wouldn't have been able to help myself if I saw him.
    "Excuse me, sir. I couldn't help but admire your hair chut-a-ney. Could you tell me where I could procure some hair chut-a-ney?"

My mum doesn't watch it, so he she didn't clock who he was till my sister pointed it out, she held the door for him, said he was really nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

No comments bout the new episode yet!

"A jew person!!"

"I had to give it a try, Jess. That was the same hand that was inside Elmo".

I swear, I nearly hurt myself laughing at that.

'Its a scarf thats a circle. My therapist gave it to me, she's asian, but the nicest person'

Best episode of the season for me!

"Short, Simple? .. Vagina?"

Even Winston was great!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Winston's best episode I think!
    "Now go away. Because I'm having cereal!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

I love this show!

'THERE'S A MAGICAL BEAR IN THERE'

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

"I had to give it a try, Jess. That was the same hand that was inside Elmo".

I swear, I nearly hurt myself laughing at that.

I'm still laughing about that. OMFG, such a good line!

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I'm still laughing about that. OMFG, such a good line!
    I think it might be the best line so far. The most unexpected, anyway.

I'm very impressed with the consistency of this show. I mean, it's still only in the infant stages but there hasn't been an episode I would class as a dud yet. More impressive when you think that almost all of the action takes place on one set-piece.

• Advertisement
Advertisement