Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Girl [Fox - Spoilers]

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

:eek:

The moment you realise you have become a shipper!? :D

Especially when you quote your own posts! :p

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

The line about Walter Matthau really had me in fits last night. I'm loving this show. It's getting right up there with Community in the "must watch as soon as aired" stakes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Schmidt is awesome. Needs more douchebag jar.

CeCe is FINE!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

i liked the episode some funny moments, but the interactions seemed odd, its like they were cardboard cutouts, it was funny but something seemed off about it, i think it was the way cece just brushed the lads advances off and the way they just done what she said on queue,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Watched the first episode of this at the weekend and I loved it. Cant wait to watch the rest of the season.

that was halarious, cece and smidt were brilliant, as was everyone else,

OMG theres two of them :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Yeah, an excellent episode this week. I loved Jess's description of sexual positions; Schmidt saying "I've done give me your hat... but it was more like, here take my hat".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Schmidt is class and Cece is becoming a bit of a dark horse too. Looks like she's not just there because she's stunning.

Enjoyed that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I'm not sure if I like Jess as a character... Her wackiness is kinda p1ssing me off the more I watch it!

Schmidt is awesome though, him and the bird cat had me in fits of laughter :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

Thanksgiving episode guest starring Justin Long, was really good. couple of laugh out loud moments. Show is picking up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

I've done take my hat once before. But it was more like, here, take my hat :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,708 ✭✭✭squonk

My favourite line was when they burned the turkey and the room filled up with smoke and one of them said "It's like a Prince video in here!" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

WHAT?!
    NO!
    WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!
    Where in this recipe does it say put mash potatoes on Schmidt's nose??

Hilarious episode! Love Schmidt!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Zooey Deschanel and Hannah Simone are doing a 30-minute livestream tonight if anyone's interested. Answering viewer questions, behind the scene stories, etc.

It starts at 3am our time but it will be recorded and be available to watch here if you don't fancy becoming nocturnal.

Can't wait for a new episode of this. I was manoeuvering a drunk friend of mine towards a door a few nights ago and instantly thought of "sheep-dogging".

Edit: re-watching Veronica Mars and Schmidt is in it! He's the mildly dopey but sweet Deputy Leo. I keep expecting him to yell "THUMBRING, B!TCH!".

Leo-Veronica-Mars.png?d8bc3b

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,031 ✭✭✭✭Basq

tumblr_lvhfq4dAb51r0yq4zo2_r2_250.giftumblr_lvhfq4dAb51r0yq4zo1_250.gif

"Yeah a scissor that you just threw in the TURDLET!"

Oh Schmidt.. you slay me! :D

Great episode this week; I'm even starting to like Schmidt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,496 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ryan Kwanten has been announced for a guest starring role in New Girl.
    The True Blood actor will be featured in an
    upcoming Valentine's Day episode as a possible love interest for Jess
    , reports E! Online

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

Schmidt is one of the best characters on television in my opinion, always makes me laugh.

Winston is kind of meh for me though, I thought Coach was a lot funnier in his only episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I snorted a little when Schmidt pushed the pregnant chick into the pool. Nick looked pretty ****in funny with his haircut. :pac:

• Advertisement

jesus yerone took a bit of time to start swimming schmidt rocks:D,

the sex stuff was great aswell, didnt jess know your not suppose to wear underwear with that ;):P

"Where did you get those pants from.. Danny Glover's grandfather?"
    "I AM Danny Glover's grandfather!"

:D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

The P bomb and the V bomb. :D

"I'm gonna split you like a log! Raaaaaaaaaargh! AAAAAAAHHHHH!"

I actually cried laughing at some parts of the latest ep.

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »

i was in tears at that :D

That whole scene was too funny! I keep laughing when I think about her randomly choking him!
    I need to share this show with more people.

• Advertisement

tomissex wrote: »
    That whole scene was too funny! I keep laughing when I think about her randomly choking him!
    I need to share this show with more people.
    That scene was priceless. The newscaster voices, her wearing underwear under the contraption, the sudden choking. I can't even think of that scene without laughing. I don't know anyone else who watches it so this thread is a god-send.

I'm really starting to love this show :) the last few episodes have been so funny! And Jess doesn't seem as annoying anymore, or maybe I'm just getting used to the character.

Also Schmidt is my hero.

Another great ep. I like Justin Long and think he's great in this but I was happy with developments. I can't even list all the things I liked, there were too many. I did laugh at Cece's first smell of perfume though. The same thing happened to me once, massive allergic reaction to a gift of perfume. Hard to thank someone when your throat is closing up and you're developing a rash.

Another great ep. I like Justin Long and think he's great in this but I was happy with developments. I can't even list all the things I liked, there were too many. I did laugh at Cece's first smell of perfume though. The same thing happened to me once, massive allergic reaction to a gift of perfume. Hard to thank someone when your throat is closing up and you're developing a rash.

+1

That was just a fantastic episode from all characters!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,496 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Started on Channel 4 tonight

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

Oh dear god that was terrible. Didn't laugh one bit at it. Then i saw that it was Fox and am glad i didn't like it, given their horrible track record with shows.

RolandIRL wrote: »
    Oh dear god that was terrible. Didn't laugh one bit at it. Then i saw that it was Fox and am glad i didn't like it, given their horrible track record with shows.

I also like when my preconceptions are confirmed. Like when I thought The Simpsons was awful.

@ Roland - I wasn't a huge fan of the first episode or two either (Jess pissed me off sooo much), but it has turned into a pretty nice and funny show. Schmidt is AMAZING. Also, there is a cast change after the pilot and the vibe changes a bit too.

Obviously if you really didn't like it, there's no point in watching it again, but I just thought I'd say that :p

And amacachi, how can anyone possibly hate The Simpsons? It's crap now, but the early episodes are classics!

And amacachi, how can anyone possibly hate The Simpsons? It's crap now, but the early episodes are classics!

I was using sarcasm to deal with someone being ridiculous.

amacachi wrote: »
    I was using sarcasm to deal with someone being ridiculous.
    Oh I'm sorry! My brain really isn't working properly today :o:o

Cannot wait for a new episode of this.

That was a fantastic episode. The jar montage at the end was hilarious! So glad it's back :)

Yep, strongest episode of the series so far. I like the new, new girl too...

That was great.Nick's new woman was in Mean Girls.Took me the whole episode to figure out why she looked so familiar.

"I can't find my rain moccasins ANYWHERE!"
    "Douche jar".

That was great.Nick's new woman was in Mean Girls.Took me the whole episode to figure out why she looked so familiar.

She was in True Blood for a while as well and I spent the first episode of that doing exactly what you did.

• Advertisement

Haha, all I could think when I saw Benjamin is Todd from Community, that actor is forever ruined for me! And really nice to see Lizzy Caplan as Julia, she is a great actress :)

Really enjoyed that episode, Schmidt just gets better every episode.

WE BUILT THIS SCHMIDTTY... WE BUILT THIS SCHMIDTTY ON TOOOTSIE ROLLS!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭Anachrony

Lizzy Caplan also starred in the series "Party Down", which is worth checking out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Anachrony wrote: »
    Lizzy Caplan also starred in the series "Party Down", which is worth checking out.

That's where I recognise her from. Thanks for that. Saves me having to go through her IMDB entry!

Very good episode but I thought it could have done without the douchebag jar montage at the end or maybe just one or two but I thought it was a bit much.

The Douche-Jar montage over the credits was fantastic! :D

Awesome show, one of my favourites.

She also played Janis in Mean Girls. Can't believe that movie is almost 8 years old O.O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

She also played Janis in Mean Girls. Can't believe that movie is almost 8 years old O.O

Lets not forget her first big role, as Nick's girlfriend in 3 episodes of Freaks and Geeks!!! :D

This weeks episode was probably the best so far...

This weeks episode was probably the best so far...
    i dunno there was no log splitting ;):D:D:D

Jesus, I watched Freaks and Geeks, Party Down AND True Blood and I never clicked that...:o

I loved the moment when Jess had the mic at the party and was all "yeaaaaah, twenty-NOIN! Twenny NOIN!" trying to get the party going.
    And then just to herself "What am I doing?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

The makers are sure gettign their moneys worth out of the show . 10 episodes in over 4 months. It nearly feels odd when you get to see 2 episodes only a week apart.

• Advertisement

The makers are sure gettign their moneys worth out of the show . 10 episodes in over 4 months
    Blame Fox for that..

Advertisement