Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

Another week down. Out tomorrow night to get slightly very shítfaced before mocks starting thursday week. Grand job :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Cian A wrote: »
    The reason you haven't seen me in ages is not because I'm busy studying,
    it's not because I have any less love for you guys:p
    It's a little to do with my Laptop breaking,
    and it's more to do with me being pretty sick the last couple of weeks.

Between having the flu and for some unknown reason extreme fatigue everyday I'm both physically exhausted and mentally deteriorating!
    I've got mocks in less than a week and I have neither the motivation or ability to open a book, I've missed a lot of school because of my state and when I am in school I've just been in a rotten mood and in no state to learn.

So my social relationships are breaking down at this point in time, I haven't exercised in an era and my brain is half melting.
    In other words, I've hit the wall.

I was only messing hun :( sorry :( honestly thought you were dead :P no way you'd leave us to study :P

hope you get better dear :O :) and dont worry about mocks , concentrate on getting better, mocks mean nothing :) and you'll do good in them regardless :)

i'm in a similar situation to yourself after just recovering from sickness last week i'm yet again sick :( and worse than ever :( whatever you've got , i've got it too :( just after enduring 2 hours of hell in study as i couldnt do anything , just too sick :( work tomorrow and no chance of recovering for monday :(

EDIT: sorry to hear about the loss of your laptop btw :( did it finally explode ? :P

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

standing outside english today talking to my friend and my teacher came up behind me and dragged me in by my bag :pac:

then he was saying he doesnt want to give me 100% in an essay again so i told him he'd have to :P he said it was one thing doing it with the book and another in the exam so during a free class and lunch i did the essay and gave it to him. without using the book. challenge accepted. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I haven't been to maths in so long, I'm scared to go cos the teachers gonna bite me head off :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

Higher Level Gaeilge peeps, any tips on answering this Thig Na Tit Orm Q?
    ''Fear mór cuideachta é Maidhc Dainín. É sin a phlé.''
    It's basically like he was sociable/good company. Having trouble writing 2 a4 pages though :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

The reason you haven't seen me in ages is not because I'm busy studying,
    it's not because I have any less love for you guys:p
    It's a little to do with my Laptop breaking,
    and it's more to do with me being pretty sick the last couple of weeks.

Between having the flu and for some unknown reason extreme fatigue everyday I'm both physically exhausted and mentally deteriorating!
    I've got mocks in less than a week and I have neither the motivation or ability to open a book, I've missed a lot of school because of my state and when I am in school I've just been in a rotten mood and in no state to learn.

So my social relationships are breaking down at this point in time, I haven't exercised in an era and my brain is half melting.
    In other words, I've hit the wall.
    Sure look at it this way, if we all did really well in the pres we'd get complacent when it comes to the real thing. Makes total sense to fail :pac:

Walked out of school after an hour and a half today, not a single fcuk was given

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭AlmightyDublin

13spanner wrote: »
    Higher Level Gaeilge peeps, any tips on answering this Thig Na Tit Orm Q?
    ''Fear mór cuideachta é Maidhc Dainín. É sin a phlé.''
    It's basically like he was sociable/good company. Having trouble writing 2 a4 pages though :(
    I would help, but I dont do that one, I do An Triail :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

just watched so far ahead in home and away :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Coeur de Pirate is trending on Twitter. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

<3 Couer de pirate

The real one, not that boards guy >_>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Got a Irish teacher, straight outta college ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭EmptyWithMe

Kill me.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

...and for some unknown reason extreme fatigue everyday I'm both physically exhausted and mentally deteriorating!
    Tags tbfh! >_>

Slightly more seriously :p ... when it comes to the point, mocks aren't important, they have no effect in the long term, they're just a practice run and an opportunity to get used to timing and so on.

If you had to come down with something, far better it happen before the mocks than before the LC!
    Namlub wrote: »
    <3 Couer de pirate

Whut?! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Coeur de Pirate is trending on Twitter. :P
    Yeah, I joined it in like 3rd year and used it for a few months, then logged onto it a few months ago and deleted all of my tweets cause they were so cringey and then today I saw that some of my friends were using it so I decided I wanted to too!
    Namlub wrote: »
    <3 Couer de pirate

You're a minger who everyone thinks is a boy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭shefellover93

I got European Aussie Rules trials tomorrow. Would love to get on the team but a serious game will be needed! Wish me luck :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

I got European Aussie Rules trials tomorrow. Would love to get on the team but a serious game will be needed! Wish me luck :D

Good luck!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭EmptyWithMe

Good luck! You'll be grand. :)

All Ireland Quarter Final. Ohhhhh yessssssssssss. Nervous though! :(

Update : All Ireland Semi in 2 weeks ;)

David de gea should be shot!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

I think I have turned into a drug addict.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

My internet's acting the eejit and boards is the only thing that's working :pac: This should probably be where I start studying but oh well.

'Zodiac' on rte 2 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

anyone else go to the maths revision day in ucc

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭barbarians

anyone else go to the maths revision day in ucc

Yup! :)

Tbh, it's hard to pay attention to four hours of maths in one day. The teacher doing the circle was very boring :/

The booklet will be very handy though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Such a stupid question but we were given an essay on Deception in Hamlet for the weekend and I wrote an essay on Apperance Vs. Reality as I remember reading a sample answer ages ago, just wondering is it the same thing like? We weren't given a specific question or anything the teacher just said to get us practising do a question on it? :/ seriously confused! Thanks for any help!

Such a stupid question but we were given an essay on Deception in Hamlet for the weekend and I wrote an essay on Apperance Vs. Reality as I remember reading a sample answer ages ago, just wondering is it the same thing like? We weren't given a specific question or anything the teacher just said to get us practising do a question on it? :/ seriously confused! Thanks for any help!
    That seems about right, thats what I'd write about anyways :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

barbarians wrote: »
    Yup! :)

Tbh, it's hard to pay attention to four hours of maths in one day. The teacher doing the circle was very boring :/

The booklet will be very handy though :P

most of it went over my head today:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Thanks for the good luck :D Got to play for Ireland and scored a goal an all! Played fairly well, hope I did enough :) There'll be a video of it online anyways!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I picked up a book off my shelf today, one of many I've been given over the years, and it was the first I've read in years. Only a small and insignificant thing but it's my small achievement for the day:)
    Strange feeling, reading. Previously I've done all my reading on the internet but lacking that I found that a book was the next best thing. It was a wonderful feeling, enlightening and insightful, there's so much I've probably missed out on.

I know I'm babbling on about something as insignificant as reading a book but it's a small thing for me to be proud of right now:o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement