Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€25k invested in prize bonds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

I should get involved in this topic more often, the envelope arrived from Killorglin this morning, €75, purchased in May 2007, my first win since February 2010. Here's to many more wins, for myself, and the Boards holders, during 2012.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭brownbeard

brownbeard wrote: »
    Maybe they're watching the thread! :eek: :P
    a third win has almost astronomical odds!

Winnings today, (actually from last friday): €75
    Total winnings since Mar '11 on €1k: €225

.....wtf?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

Winnings today, (actually from last friday): €75
    Total winnings since Mar '11 on €1k: €225

.....wtf?

Lucky boy !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 NIFRS

Seems lucky to post here!!
    I have €1000 invested about 7 weeks ago.
    Have won €75 3 weeks ago.
    Am going to put a few hundred in every few months and see how it goes!

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭riggerman

Started reading this post on the 30th of December and decided to give the mammy a call at the old homestead . She told her little boy that I have a few prize bonds from my communion (23 years ago) . Was thinking of cashing them in once she found them . Called out home to pick up car tax and see a letter with a Kerry postmark .I WON €75:D:D:D . Go on you good thing . Have it in my hand and feeling totally spaced .Never won in 23 years and I read this post once and I win on the night :eek:. What are the odd's on a 20 pound prize bond. Thank you whatever saint is the saint of Boards.ie :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Man of Aran

Lads, if this keeps up, there'a a monthly million jackpot heading to someone here shortly....

If we can harness this collective online "chi" or energy here, who knows but we can solve the nation's financial woes or indeed Europe's.;)
    St Jude or Chief Running Deer, who knows ....

We can have Celtic Tiger Redux or Tiger II before we know it.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Max_Charger

(Meanwhile, back in my sorry ass bond pot)

Total winnings since Aug '11 on €5k: €0

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

So prompted by this thread I checked my prize bonds:

€500 worth purchased Feb'10, won €75 June'10
    €50 worth purchased Feb'11, no winnings so far :(.

Kids got some cash gifts for Christmas so I am going to get them to invest in prize bonds rather than the money sitting in a piggy bank! They may as well try and get something

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭pbwinner

Winnings from today's draw: €0
    Total winnings since Feb 2011 on €25k: €300

Total winnings since Mar 2011 on €1k: €225

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Winnings from todays draw: €0
    Total winnings since Feb 2010 on €500: €75
    Total winnings since Feb 2011 on €50: €0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Fear_an_tarbh

I'm intriguiged by this so I just bought 500 euro worth,
    if I get 75 within the year thats 15% and thats not so bad.
    I'll keep ye posted...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

Total winnings since Sep 2010 on €75: €0
    Total winnings since Dec 2011 on €1000: €0

* Now come to me o great spirit of boards.ie prizebond winners! * :D

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭treatyman

I bought €50 worth of PBs for herself 3 years ago and €50 worth for me at the same time... Both of us have won €75 each...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

I have 1k worth since 05 won nothing yet so might rub off now after reading this great tread with interest..

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭jetski

Listen, If youv a large amount to invest say 30k + simply stick it into a fixed save account and collect your return of about 700 after taxes PA!

You can then take a hundred or so from the interest and buy lotto tickets that way your guaranteed a return and also have a chance to hit the jackpot :o)

Winnings from todays draw: €75
    Total winnings since Dec 2011 on €1000: €75

* Yippee!! He come to me, the great spirit of boards.ie prizebond winners! * :D

This thread is magic!:P

Winnings from todays draw: €0 :(

• Advertisement

Total winnings since Aug 2011 on €5k: €0

I like how efficient this thread is getting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭daveyboy_1ie

Bought €3,000 of PB's in late July

Todays draw = €0

So far on the €3,000 invested, total winnings = €75

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Black Rock

See FAQ on Prize Bonds on the NTMA website
    http://www.ntma.ie/Publications/2012/FAQPrizeBonds.pdf

6. How many prizes are there?
    [FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]There are almost 7,800 prizes in [/FONT][/FONT]every [FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]weekly draw. [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]The following is the prize structure: [/FONT][/FONT]€1 MILLION Prize [FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]- awarded on the last Friday of every month. €20,000 - awarded each week other than when the €1 MILLION prize is awarded. € 1,000 - 5 Prizes each week € 250 - 10 Prizes each week € 75 - almost 7,800 each week. [/FONT][/FONT]

7. Is my Prize Bond included in every draw?
    [FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]A registered prize bond is included in every draw until it is encashed. With Prize Bonds you are eligible to win not just once, but every week for as long as you hold your bonds. Each individual bond is eligible to win one prize in every draw. [/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]8. How are prize bond winners selected in the weekly draw [/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]The Prize Bonds winners are selected in a computerised draw each week. The numbers are randomly generated by a computer and every draw is observed by an official from the National Treasury Management Agency. The results of every draw are independently analysed to confirm the randomness of the draw. [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri,Calibri]9. I have Prize Bonds for 40 years, what has happened to them? [/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]Your Prize Bonds are included in every draw until you cash them in. All Prize Bonds, regardless of how old they are, stand an equal chance, relevant to the unit value, of winning a prize in every draw. Even if one of your Prize Bonds wins a prize it is included in every draw after that. [/FONT][/FONT]

10. How do I know if I've won a prize?
    [FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]All prize winners are contacted following each draw. To ensure that you can be notified of any winnings, it is important that you inform us if you change address. [/FONT][/FONT]
    [/FONT][/FONT]
    13. What happens to unclaimed prizes?
    Very few prizes are not claimed, but if someone does not claim their prize within 6 months of the draw date, the prize is entered onto our unclaimed prizes database. The prize is then held, indefinitely until the holder comes forward to claim it. If Prize Bonds are not claimed within six months they begin to earn interest for the prize winner.
    At end 2010 the unclaimed prizes that had built up since the launch of prize bonds in 1957 amounted to €1.66 million which is less than 0.33% of the value of prizes awarded. All unclaimed prizes are listed on our database at www.StateSavings.ie
    You can also get details of unclaimed prizes by telephoning calling 1850 30 50 60.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

Hi folks. A bit off topic, but are PB's visible to the social welfare or revenue? My Da has the same name as me and has a nice few quids worth, and I'm worried that the SW or Revenue will think its me:confused::confused::confused:

Finally winning from today's draw: €75
    Total winnings since Aug 2011 on €5k: €75

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Bebo stunnah

I bought €500 of PB about 6 months ago, got a cheque dated 2 days before Christmas for €75, think that works out at around 30% p/a... for the moment, probably wont win now for another 40 years...

Advertisement